13th floor inside or 5th floor ocean view

gabbo18

Hi All,

I'm about to set sail on my first cruise ever next month on the Breakaway and looking for some opinions regarding the rooms itself.

I'm currently booked on the 13th floor at the front end of the ship, but for $30 pp more, I can go on the 5th floor with a mid ocean view room.

Just looking for some insight before I make the call.

Thanks!

Don't know how many in your party, but the 5th deck family oceanview is really big (with a tub). It was larger than our balcony room on deck 13. The bathroom was more comfortable too.

If we go back on the Breakaway, we are considering doing one of the family ocean views over the balcony.

I am currently booked in an OV on deck 5 on the breakaway and I'm a little nervous about being that low. Is deck 5 an ok location?

not sure megsok7, but I'd like to know too :p

and just 2 of us jusstice on this sailing

Personally, I'd stay on 13 just for the location. Being closer to the pool area is nice if you go back to your room very often throughout the day. Again, it's a personal choice. You can't go wrong, you are at sea. Enjoy

DECK 5 IS GREAT!!

Stayed in ov room 5726 on breakaway and it was great.

More spacious feeling than our friends mini suite. Inside rooms are very small

When in port, only one flight to gangway, and only one flight up to 678 with all the action

The lower on the ship, the less movement felt

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by spidybabe

Was previously on breakaway in haven 2 bedroom suite on deck 16.... Gorgeous but just came back from 9 day on gem... 2 people in deck5 oceanview there was plenty of room, not too low....definitely would go with oceanview over inside cabin ....

Anyone have any experience with these particular rooms? Apparently these are ones that are available:

I was in 5804 and the location was excellent. Taste is directly above, and I heard no noise from there and I wasn't far from the stairs, giving easy access to 678.

That isn't available, but 5812 and 5814 are actually just a bit closer to the stairs, so would potentially be even better.

The only potential issue with them is that they are connecting rooms, which some say can be a problem if you have noisy neighbours, as the door isn't as soundproof as a wall. I've stayed in connecting rooms before though without any problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I'm about to set sail on my first cruise ever next month on the Breakaway and looking for some opinions regarding the rooms itself.

I'm currently booked on the 13th floor at the front end of the ship, but for $30 pp more, I can go on the 5th floor with a mid ocean view room.

Just looking for some insight before I make the call.

Thanks!

Low and midship the deck 5 is the Smoothest ride on the ship .:)

High and forward have the Most motion .

First I should say I have NOT sailed on that ship. BUT:

I have cruised on all different decks, cabin sizes, etc. I would go for the 5th deck oceanview also --- reason: It will probably be quieter more often than not.

The closer you are to public areas, the noisier it gets and cabins are not exactly sound proof.

Just my two pesos.

Edited by artist47
to say: NOT sailed on...