ATTN EARLY BOOKERS: Getaway sales continue

rhiannon35

Depends what you want, I have been on the Breakaway and I know how big the balconys are, the only reason I went for a B6 originally was our 2nd room was an inside. I would rather have access for 4 to the spa and 2 small balconys next to each other. The spa balcony for the price of a large balcony is a deal. I've had spa, large, mini-suite and regular so I am very familar. I'm just happy that I got the upgrade especially being on a comp as originally it would have cost me about $600 for the spa upgrade and it only cost me about $60 since the price dropped and the large balcony went up.

something doesn't sit right with me here...you booked 2 cabins and now you are saying it's like $2000 cheaper than when you booked? Does anyone else find that kind of fishy?? I mean, I got on Norwegian's website and the price for my cabin and OBC are the same as when I booked it 2 months ago. So where are you seeing this super awesome new deal? If it's through a travel agent or something then it's on them to work with you, not Norwegian themselves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this is offered directly through Norwegian is it?

AFAIK, these were TA promotions. I believe they included some OBC from the cruise line directly but then the TA tacked on extra bonuses, making them particularly attractive.

Can anyone point me in a direction WHERE those kind of offers/last minute deals are published?

I don't believe we are allowed to post actual names, but the deal has been offered via a place one poster described as "sometimes it's a zoo to travel," and I got an email two days ago from a major airline offering a similar deal. The airline loves to fly and it shows.

AFAIK, these were TA promotions. I believe they included some OBC from the cruise line directly but then the TA tacked on extra bonuses, making them particularly attractive.

You got it. I didn't say it was $2000 cheaper, for four of us in two cabins it was $1000 cheaper for the cabin, but with all the incentives, including pre-paid gratuities for two cabins, it worked out to $2000.

If it's a TA promotion, I would not expect the cruise line to honor/match it, whether before final payment or after.

For my particular sailing (3/8/14 on the Getaway), I just confirmed that most of the promotion is from the TA. NCL is offering a $50 OBC for my sailing. That's it. The TA's promotion included significant bonuses on top of that (extra OBC, pre-paid gratuities, and the UDP for 2). There's no way NCL is going to match that promotion.

You got it. I didn't say it was $2000 cheaper, for four of us in two cabins it was $1000 cheaper for the cabin, but with all the incentives, including pre-paid gratuities for two cabins, it worked out to $2000.

Well that really changes some things then. I can't understand why NCL would be responsible for compensating early bookers when it is not the one offering the better deals, the TA is.

Well that really changes some things then. I can't understand why NCL would be responsible for compensating early bookers when it is not the one offering the better deals, the TA is.

I've been told by a couple of people that they are in on these prices/deals because it is through major mass volume travel sites, and that ncl isn't posting directly so it doesn't come up on lowest price searches. Whether this is true or not, I don't know, but it seems to me it would have to be.

For the record, prices have now dropped on their site also. I called today and they confirmed they have dropped prices. It looks like I may be getting something from them after all, just have to go thru my TA.

Now would someone like you so against NCL compensating anyone in any way, shape or form who's booked early refuse to take anything they offer due to moral principle? :)

I'm not against NCL compensating people. I said in a couple of places that if they did, that's fine. In fact, I think I even said in response to one of your posts that it might take care of the complaints.

My only point all along has been that I don't think they should be obligated to do so, nor do I think it's some kind of trick, crime, or even bad customer service not to. If they do CHOOSE to do so, great. I'm glad that you are getting something that might make you feel better about the whole thing. I just don't believe that should be criticized for choosing not to.

If it were me and I called and they offered me something, I would accept it. But if they chose not to, I would accept that just as well.

I'm not against NCL compensating people. I said in a couple of places that if they did, that's fine. In fact, I think I even said in response to one of your posts that it might take care of the complaints.

My only point all along has been that I don't think they should be obligated to do so, nor do I think it's some kind of trick, crime, or even bad customer service not to. If they do CHOOSE to do so, great. I'm glad that you are getting something that might make you feel better about the whole thing. I just don't believe that should be criticized for choosing not to.

If it were me and I called and they offered me something, I would accept it. But if they chose not to, I would accept that just as well.

I was just teasing you with the comment.

Honestly, this may be hard to believe, but I'm not a complainer. I like to have fun, enjoy myself and not get wound up about things. I didn't go looking for lower prices after booking, just came upon a thread devoted to what was happening and said "whoa, hold the phones."

I was offered an upgrade today, still debating if I'll take it, my TA suggested I do some research first. The fact they offered me this has made me much more satisfied with the experience.

Out of curiosity...has anyone ever cancelled prior to their Final Payment Date...then waited a few weeks to re-book at the lower rate? Did you get your same cabin?

I think you're really taking a chance with that. The prices can change in a heartbeat ... you know?

I was just teasing you with the comment.

Honestly, this may be hard to believe, but I'm not a complainer. I like to have fun, enjoy myself and not get wound up about things. I didn't go looking for lower prices after booking, just came upon a thread devoted to what was happening and said "whoa, hold the phones."

I was offered an upgrade today, still debating if I'll take it, my TA suggested I do some research first. The fact they offered me this has made me much more satisfied with the experience.

And this may be hard to believe, but I'm not an unsympathetic person. I'm very glad that they offered you the upgrade and that it has made you feel better about how things happened. :)

And I would agree about the research. When we got the "upgraded" midship balcony, we took it with out really looking into it. But after being on the ship, I think our original location would have served our purposes better. Not that the new room was bad, just not quite as convenient to the things we ended up doing.

And this may be hard to believe, but I'm not an unsympathetic person. I'm very glad that they offered you the upgrade and that it has made you feel better about how things happened. :)

And I would agree about the research. When we got the "upgraded" midship balcony, we took it with out really looking into it. But after being on the ship, I think our original location would have served our purposes better. Not that the new room was bad, just not quite as convenient to the things we ended up doing.

Thanks for the advice on research. We are mid-ship balcony, offered family size. However we are now adjoining, and while most family size are, not every one is. Cabin may or may not be a bit bigger. But my kids are a bit older and I'm thinking there may be a lot of noise on this floor? And like your experience, location could be worst.

Hmmm...I think it's time to start a new thread and find out.

"""Out of curiosity...has anyone ever cancelled prior to their Final Payment Date...then waited a few weeks to re-book at the lower rate? Did you get your same cabin?"

This brings up a question I asked in the general forum:

We have been on 14 cruises and are platinum with both Princess and Royal Caribbean. We live in Ohio and when the weather gets too bad for us we take our RV and head for Florida.

My question is, should the mood strike us, can we still book a week before the cruise or even closer than that?

We are considering the Epic

......Ott

"""Out of curiosity...has anyone ever cancelled prior to their Final Payment Date...then waited a few weeks to re-book at the lower rate? Did you get your same cabin?"

We have been on 14 cruises and are platinum with both Princess and Royal Caribbean. We live in Ohio and when the weather gets too bad for us we take our RV and head for Florida.

My question is, should the mood strike us, can we still book a week before the cruise or even closer than that?

......Ott[/quot

I think its 72 hours (maybe a little less).

You know there is another side to all of this....

After reading this thread earlier today - I went to check OUR Getaway booking for February 2015 - yes 15. :o

We booked in October - shortly after getting off of the Breakaway and enjoying one of those HUGE aft penthouse Haven suites. Granted booked 16 months out is not for everyone - but we found an itinerary and price we liked for the specific cabin we wanted.....and we booked.

Today when I checked our sailing and category is $1000.00 MORE and has only $150.00 OBC compared to the $400.00 we have currently. So....I've got nothing to complain about.

I don't fault anyone for fare tracking and trying to get a better deal. But those who get so mad because they feel that they are entitled to a promotion or OBC because of a price drop (last minute or otherwise) might need to be reminded fares go up too and the cruise lines don't come back and collect that from you.

IMHO.....it's always going to be somewhat of a crap shoot - which is why you have to be happy with what you book...when you book it. You can't book "expecting" there to be a price drop - it just sets you up for disappointment. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

......Ott

I bet the deals are incredible if you have that kind of flexibility