What 9 Ships have the "New" house bands?

ragen

What 9 Ship already have the new "Carnival Show Bands", (Not the Big Name up-charge Concerts), I want to know about What ships Already have real bands back on them instead of just

"DJ IRE-atating????",.......or just solo acts, I want to know What 9 Ships exactly mentioned in Carnivals quote below ALREADY have them???? so I can book on them instead of the crappy DJ only Ships? -:confused:

<p>

"In addition to the Carnival LIVE Concert Series, Carnival is also enhancing its popular shipboard house bands. The bands will feature both male and female lead singers, a more choreographed, themed and diverse set list, and increased interaction with guests. Nine Carnival ships currently feature the new bands, with implementation across the full fleet over the course of this year. "

On the Carnival Conquest last month and they had one called Government Shutdown. Really good band. Had a female and male lead singers, a drummer, an electric piano player and a guitarist.

We really enjoyed the band and made quite a difference in our previous cruise on Carnival that did not have a band.

I am so glad to hear that all ships will be getting this! It is great news to me!!!

Wait a sec. We're just off the Breeze, and yes, there was a full band with male and female singers, and they seemed to have a huge repertoire, but I didn't know this represented an improvement!? We've always seen one full band, and thought Carnival was providing that as the absolute bare minimum. Are you telling me that there were ships with NO live music other than the awful atrium duo, solo guitar guy, and the DJ???? I would have hated to experience that. So if I'm reading correctly, it sounds like the new improvement is a "slightly better band" including both, yes BOTH, a male AND female singer. WOW, Carnival is really loosening their purse strings to please us!

Wait a sec. We're just off the Breeze, and yes, there was a full band with male and female singers, and they seemed to have a huge repertoire, but I didn't know this represented an improvement!? We've always seen one full band, and thought Carnival was providing that as the absolute bare minimum. Are you telling me that there were ships with NO live music other than the awful atrium duo, solo guitar guy, and the DJ???? I would have hated to experience that. So if I'm reading correctly, it sounds like the new improvement is a "slightly better band" including both, yes BOTH, a male AND female singer. WOW, Carnival is really loosening their purse strings to please us!

You can't please everyone.

Pretty much.... :(

It's been scaled back to a "bare minimum" - VERY few real performers. Shows in the main lounge use a muisc track - instead of live musicians. WHich is why so many of us hope this is a REAL improvement to what most ships have now.

John Heald replied to a question asked on Facebook and he said that they were on the Dream class ships as well as the Liberty, Glory, Conquest, Sunshine and Imagination and Fantasy.

Hmm.....drat!

I was hoping one of the nine was the Miracle - I'm ready for some true musical entertainment! :o

John Heald replied to a question asked on Facebook and he said that they were on the Dream class ships as well as the Liberty, Glory, Conquest, Sunshine and Imagination and Fantasy.

Awesome thanks for sharing!!

Carnival Pride had a band which played in Starry Nights as well as a band that played for the shows in the main theater. They also had Karaoke Live concert where guest were able to sing with the show band baking them up.

What 9 Ship already have the new "Carnival Show Bands", (Not the Big Name up-charge Concerts), I want to know about What ships Already have real bands back on them instead of just

"DJ IRE-atating????",.......or just solo acts, I want to know What 9 Ships exactly mentioned in Carnivals quote below ALREADY have them???? so I can book on them instead of the crappy DJ only Ships? -:confused:

<p>

"In addition to the Carnival LIVE Concert Series, Carnival is also enhancing its popular shipboard house bands. The bands will feature both male and female lead singers, a more choreographed, themed and diverse set list, and increased interaction with guests. Nine Carnival ships currently feature the new bands, with implementation across the full fleet over the course of this year. "

Breeze, Ecstasy, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise and Sensation.

I think this is confusing. What makes the band "upgraded"? There have always been bands of some kind on all my cruises. I assumed he was talking about show bands in the main showroom. If we're just talking about regular lounge bands, why does it matter if there is a male and a female singer? How about just a good band.

I think this is confusing. What makes the band "upgraded"? There have always been bands of some kind on all my cruises. I assumed he was talking about show bands in the main showroom. If we're just talking about regular lounge bands, why does it matter if there is a male and a female singer? How about just a good band.

I think that part of it is the "and increased interaction with guests" that they mention in the blurb. The one time that we saw them on the Fantasy, they started their show doing a competition thing against audience members with the ACD and some of the entertainment staff. They called brought up volunteers from the audience and let them chose who to compete against (between the 2 singers and the other entertainment staff or the other volunteer in some cases) in little contests, like trivia, blowing ping pong balls from one pie plate to another, etc with prizes going to the volunteers.

While they generated most of the music, they did have some horn backtracks on some songs.

They were quite good, though her voice was much more intense than his and he disappeared sometimes when they sang together.

Edited by AMisplacedCNuck
typooooo