S7 Forward facing Penthouse on Breakaway question

Kosi

Just got back from my S7 10706, it's my favorite suite. More than the owners suite. There is a big forward facing window with a bench with drawers and shelves. I would sit on the bench and look out the window and just watch where the ship was going or when it was docking or whenever. I loved it. Nice size dining living area. The side balcony is slightly larger than other balconies. Loved the window I will see about posting a pix of it.

one thing I will say, the first night I got seasick because the bed is not in the same direction as the bow and ship movement(I never got seasick before) I had my room steward change the bedding so my head and the bow were same directions and I was fine afterwards

one thing I will say, the first night I got seasick because the bed is not in the same direction as the bow and ship movement(I never got seasick before) I had my room steward change the bedding so my head and the bow were same directions and I was fine afterwards

Great advice..my DH is sensitive in that department and my only concern with the cabin was feeling "it" more.

Thank you!

I travelled in 11706 in May and enjoyed this category of suite. It should be noted that S7 balconies are unique in that, while they extend a little further forward (a foot or two, not much at all) than regular balconies, they are partially obstructed by the angled plating of the superstructure front. Since your main concern seems to be wind, you should take comfort in knowing that the little alcoves created by the plating are well protected from wind. I was on the cruise where windy conditions tore a small number of balcony dividers from their mounts. I actually saw this occur from my S7 balcony and, due to that little alcove, felt very little wind myself. Unfortunately, these balconies exhibit the same narrow width as regular balcony cabins. If you're looking to book an S7 in order to obtain a wider balcony, you're going to be severely disappointed.

First photo shows the angled plating that cuts into the balconies of the S7 suites. Additionally, you can see that the S7s on Deck 13 (just below the bridge) are different and have what are essentially hull balconies.

Second photo shows the view from the balcony of S7 category 11706 looking forward. You don't get much of a view of the ship's bow from here.

Third photo shows the view from 11706's large, circular window. NCL's description of this suite uses the phrase "floor-to-ceiling," but by looking at cabincop's photo it is clear this is not the case. Nonetheless, you get an excellent view of the helipad on the ship's bow.

S7.jpg.ea728d23f9abf9d465dd40854238b12c.jpg

balcony_view.jpg.6a6d81cea45d8a63627d6074f5b53250.jpg

window_view.jpg.7de28d2bcb6a82295e7a266d256a30ac.jpg

Thanks for the photos folks! I am considering one of these rooms on The Getaway. Any more photos' date=' living area, bathroom would be appreciated.

:)[/quote']

My video tour of S7 category 11706. Except for some very minor color changes (purple and orange throw pillows rather than just orange) this will be identical to what you will find on Getaway.

I travelled in 11706 in May and enjoyed this category of suite. It should be noted that S7 balconies are unique in that, while they extend a little further forward (a foot or two, not much at all) than regular balconies, they are partially obstructed by the angled plating of the superstructure front. Since your main concern seems to be wind, you should take comfort in knowing that the little alcoves created by the plating are well protected from wind. I was on the cruise where windy conditions tore a small number of balcony dividers from their mounts. I actually saw this occur from my S7 balcony and, due to that little alcove, felt very little wind myself. Unfortunately, these balconies exhibit the same narrow width as regular balcony cabins. If you're looking to book an S7 in order to obtain a wider balcony, you're going to be severely disappointed.

First photo shows the angled plating that cuts into the balconies of the S7 suites. Additionally, you can see that the S7s on Deck 13 (just below the bridge) are different and have what are essentially hull balconies.

Second photo shows the view from the balcony of S7 category 11706 looking forward. You don't get much of a view of the ship's bow from here.

Third photo shows the view from 11706's large, circular window. NCL's description of this suite uses the phrase "floor-to-ceiling," but by looking at cabincop's photo it is clear this is not the case. Nonetheless, you get an excellent view of the helipad on the ship's bow.

We are in 11706 on March 16th! Absolutely wonderful!!

My brother and his 12 y.o. son sailed in a forward facing PH last summer as part of our party of 8. Between us, we had his suite, a PH suite, and the DOS. In all honesty, I liked his suite the best !!! For two or three people, the forward facing PH's are fantastic! The forward facing penthouses are spacious, with lots of storage, separate bedroom and a slightly bigger balcony than regular balcony cabins. They are also, IMHO, the best bang for the Haven buck!:)

• 11 months later...

Thank you to all for the thoughts and pictures - We have booked 12706 for our 2016 cruise. We sailed in a fwd PH this past April (Pearl) and loved the forward facing balcony even though it was quite windy. I believe we will enjoy this cabin as much if not more!!

Thank you to all for the thoughts and pictures - We have booked 12706 for our 2016 cruise. We sailed in a fwd PH this past April (Pearl) and loved the forward facing balcony even though it was quite windy. I believe we will enjoy this cabin as much if not more!!

I will be very interested in your opinion of that particular suite! ;) I hope you will do a review of the ship, the Haven, and 12706! :D

I will be very interested in your opinion of that particular suite! ;) I hope you will do a review of the ship' date=' the Haven, and 12706! :D[/quote']

I will. It is so nice to see others that book so far in advance...;)