* Flight from New Orleans *

GP Cruiser

What is the earliest time I can get a flight from New Orleans to Portland OR on day leaving the ship?

I would be comfortable with a flight after noon, unless your cruise is the end of a transatlantic cruise, in which case I'd budget a couple more hours.

Depends on many factors, including...gasp....when the ship actually arrives. And since you give absolutely NO information other than you want to fly from MSY to PDX, my answer can only be:

What does your (unknown) cruiseline recommend? Do you have any reason to disagree with that?

• 10 months later...

I know that this is an old thread and OP has likely long since sailed. I just disembarked Serenade OTS yesterday (RT Western Caribbean). Express disembarkation (taking your own luggage off the ship) began at 7:15 as scheduled even though we were a few minutes late coming into port. I left the ship at 9:15 and was at the airport by 10:30. My flight did not depart until 1:50.

I have a trip coming up in February, if I can talk DH into it, and am seriously considering doing the express disembarkation and taking the 10:38 flight that would get us home 3 hours sooner (this is all on AA; I'm a slave to Platinum status on them). I have not heard of NOLA having fog problems the way Tampa and Galveston do, so absent a pileup on the highway, I think it's eminently doable. If not, there are worse places to be stranded for a few hours or a day.

Carnival Elation came into port around 7:30. I don't know what the usual schedule is for Carnival or for NCL.

NOLA can indeed have fog issues in February. I am down there every year for a conference and have had foggy and even icy conditions in the early mornings.

Have you checked to see if there are any Mardi Gras events? Some of the floats travel in the neighboring areas of the terminal. And check the Visitors Bureau for large conventions. I have had traffic issues coming and going to the airport on days like this.....messy.

NOLA can indeed have fog issues in February. I am down there every year for a conference and have had foggy and even icy conditions in the early mornings.

Have you checked to see if there are any Mardi Gras events? Some of the floats travel in the neighboring areas of the terminal. And check the Visitors Bureau for large conventions. I have had traffic issues coming and going to the airport on days like this.....messy.

Does the port close the way the Tampa and Galveston ports do? We are coming in the weekend after Mardi Gras, so that shouldn't be an issue upon our return one week later. Should it?:confused: