Carnival Elation Cabin Choices

Pyxie

I am getting ready to go on a cruise on the Carnival Elation this year. I will be booking sometime in the next month and I can't decide if I want to get the basic interior cabin which is currently $359pp or if I should go for a cabin with a window for $419pp. It isn't really that much of an increase, but it is also money I could spend on drinks or something. Like I said, I've never been on a cruise at all, let alone this ship so I don't really have anything to compare them to. What would you suggest in my situation?

Thanks.

I am getting ready to go on a cruise on the Carnival Elation this year. I will be booking sometime in the next month and I can't decide if I want to get the basic interior cabin which is currently $359pp or if I should go for a cabin with a window for $419pp. It isn't really that much of an increase, but it is also money I could spend on drinks or something. Like I said, I've never been on a cruise at all, let alone this ship so I don't really have anything to compare them to. What would you suggest in my situation?

Thanks.

Im booked two rooms main deck in december with a window for 299 each, cant wait!

On the Elation, I've been in an interior room and a room with a porthole. The porthole was neither better or worse. They were really equal rooms for me. Going again in September and my husband made me book an interior. We do like the complete darkness of an interior room.

We had a port hole room, which it really was like a bay window. You could sit and look outside. It was nice, but if had to choose between the extra money for the OV or getting the Cheers package, I'd get the interior room and put the $$ on the drinks!

I mean, it's nice, but it's not like you're going spend hours on that ledge looking outside.

I have stayed in both on the Elation. My DH & I always did the OV. Then when I did a girls cruise they all wanted to do Inside to save money so I agreed. Found out it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. This time (in 5 dsys) I booked DH & I in an inside. I chose aft, Empress right next to the elevator, which is the same place we were on our girls cruise. Jump on the elevator/stairs go up 3 floors, walk a few steps and you are outside with a great view. However if I am on a ship that has balcony cabins, I always going to do the balcony cabin.

Can you close the porthole covers on Elation? If you do, does the room get completely dark?

On the Elation, I've been in an interior room and a room with a porthole. The porthole was neither better or worse. They were really equal rooms for me. Going again in September and my husband made me book an interior. We do like the complete darkness of an interior room.

I never, ever spend money to have a window. I LOVE my nice, dark inside cabins. And I even suffer a bit from claustrophobia, but have never had any problems in my little inside cabins. I prefer to NOT have light seeping in around the curtains.

Anyway, a lot of people claim they just have to be able to see outside. The way I figure it is, I can just turn the TV to the deck cam and see what's happening outside. Even better, I can get my butt out of bed and climb a couple of flights of stairs and walk out on deck to see what it's like outside! :p

Be aware that with porthole cabins - if it is even mildly rough, you will have much more motion up front, and you could also have very, very loud slamming of waves against the hull. I really dislike my sleep being interrupted all night. :mad:

We have had an ocean view room and grand suite on the elation. I personally have to have a window or I would go crazy. After having the grand suite I can't imagine booking any other room if we are back on the elation especially if our daughter goes with us. The extra room and balcony was so worth it for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk