My PCC has given my false info.... more then once

nutley chick

I booked my upcoming cruise through NCL.. The PCC that I have been dealing with sounded like he knew everything and was super nice and always answered when I called or called me right back. He even called me on New Years day to say Happy New Year. We talked a lot and he made me feel like he really cared about making everything perfect for our trip this March.

Fast forward a bit, I upgraded to a Haven. I come to find out now that some of the information he gave me is incorrect. He insisted that the bed in the Haven Aft can be split just like other cabins.... It can't!

He said that my sister-in-law and I absolutely can buy the UBP which we can't.

There are a few more that I can't think of off the top of my head right now.

Now I'm not sure what to believe to be right and what he said that is wrong.

He said I get 2 points for each night of my cruise. 1 regular point plus an extra point for being in the haven. Is that true?

I think I am disappointed in him. More So because I really thought I had a great PCC and he is slowly turning out not to be.

OK - I'm done ranting. I will still have a great cruise. Hope my sister-in-law doesn't mind me stealing the blankets and snoring. lol

Hate it when that happens, sorry you got incorrect info. from someone who you expected more from, that's too bad.

The points info is correct though. For every night of your cruise in a suite you do receive 1 add'l point.

The bed thing is unfortunate but I've heard that the cabin stewards can make the bed up so that it's almost like having twin beds. Hope it can be done for you.

Hopefully you'll have a great cruise, you have a great attitude... so important..

:)

Edited by B6ConMe

What type of cabin do you have in the Haven?

The UBP must be bought by all adults on a reservation. The soda package must be purchased for those under 21. For them to tell you you cannot purchase the UBP does not sound right to me. You are correct on the 1+1 on the points. If you booked 9 months or more out, you get a additional point.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, I will be sailing March 30th. Spring Break. This will be my second cruise on NCL. The first was a charter cruise. I was unaware of the spring break thing until a few weeks after I booked. I actually had called my PCC to ask him if its true that I could purchase the UBP because I read it here and he said "no, you can buy it" I then thought about it and sent him an email and asked him to please double check and he said "I will double check but not to worry"...... Next email said "you are correct, it is not available for your sailing but you can buy a bar setup."

Yes, I will be sailing March 30th. Spring Break. This will be my second cruise on NCL. The first was a charter cruise. I was unaware of the spring break thing until a few weeks after I booked. I actually had called my PCC to ask him if its true that I could purchase the UBP because I read it here and he said "no, you can buy it" I then thought about it and sent him an email and asked him to please double check and he said "I will double check but not to worry"...... Next email said "you are correct, it is not available for your sailing but you can buy a bar setup."

Yes, and while the UBP might have been easier, you may find the bar setup to be more cost effective. Good luck...hope it works out for you..

Called in my final payment . Consultant took my Amex number. He then CANCELLED our suite. It did not strike me at the time as to why the charge wasn't on our statement. BUT there also was no refund for the alleged cancellation.

I had 2 -5 year olds and a 3 year old at the time, had a death in the family, life was hectic, not paying attention.

Found out is was cancelled a couple weeks before the cruise when I called to find out where my docs were ( before everything was a done on the computer). Took some cajoling on my part ( okay, screaming) to get to the proper fixer person.

All the suites were sold out by then, - I don't know WHAT they did but we did get our original suite back.

Ugh!

In 2012, I was booked in an accessable minisuite on the Dawn, and later on was upgraded to an accessable full SJ suite, due to a post final payment date fare reduction. Needless to say, I was thrilled to get the gratis upgrade, to my first full suite experience.

That is until we, (I was traveling with my mother), found a king sized bed, and the steward told us it couldn't be separated. The steward told us that I could use the separate sofabed if I wished. I tried it the first night, and was very uncomfortable, tossing and turning all night. It was a 16 night repo cruise, and I couldn't imagine suffering on that sofa bed for the remainder of the cruise. I complained about the situation to our concierge, and she said that she would see what she could do for us. The next day, we left our cabin early, and when we returned before dinner....presto, change-oh...the beds were separated!

Actually, what they did for us was remove the entire king bed from the cabin, and replace it with two standard twins....and I slept happily ever after......:)

Edited by bob brown

You got yourself a slick-talking, used-car salesman for a PCC. Will say whatever it takes to make the sale. Lots of people in the world just like him. I rarely believe anything an NCL rep tells me and always get the promises in writing.

Thats the thing. I have all the promises in writing but were will that get me? I still won't be able to purchase the UDP and my king size bed won't be split. I will still be on that ship and in that room. But I am disappointed. What can I do? nothing. He just gave me false info on everything. He even told me that all the aft balconies are the same size on the breakaway and I TOLD HIM THAT THEY AREN'T.

I didn't call and talk to a supervisor. I don't feel the need to get him in trouble (I guess I'm still wanting to believe he just didn't know. I hope he isn't being that used car salesman) but I was more just ranting to get it off my chest. I don't have to deal with him for this cruise any longer as I can now contact the concierge. When & if I cruise with NCL in the future, I will request a new PCC. But not sure that I will believe anything that one tells me anyway. I should stick with booking online and coming here with all my questions. Its the only time I feel comfortable with the answer. I also don't see the point in complaining to a supervisor because its not something they can fix. Like I said before, they can't split the bed and no matter how much I complain, I still can't buy the UBP.

I didn't call and talk to a supervisor. I don't feel the need to get him in trouble (I guess I'm still wanting to believe he just didn't know. I hope he isn't being that used car salesman) but I was more just ranting to get it off my chest. I don't have to deal with him for this cruise any longer as I can now contact the concierge. When & if I cruise with NCL in the future, I will request a new PCC. But not sure that I will believe anything that one tells me anyway. I should stick with booking online and coming here with all my questions. Its the only time I feel comfortable with the answer. I also don't see the point in complaining to a supervisor because its not something they can fix. Like I said before, they can't split the bed and no matter how much I complain, I still can't buy the UBP.

You would think they would want to know that their employee is giving out completely wrong information? But really do they even care? That's the real question!

I didn't call and talk to a supervisor. I don't feel the need to get him in trouble (I guess I'm still wanting to believe he just didn't know. I hope he isn't being that used car salesman) but I was more just ranting to get it off my chest.......I also don't see the point in complaining to a supervisor because its not something they can fix. Like I said before, they can't split the bed and no matter how much I complain, I still can't buy the UBP.

There is nothing wrong with ranting here, feels good a lot of times when you do. But you should contact a supervisor. It's not a matter of getting your PCC in trouble, it just may be that they need a little re-education. The PCC's deal with every sailing, every ship, every cabin etc and at times they are giving a stock answer that unfortunatly may not be the correct one. It could be the used car salesman thing or it could be just not knowing or forgetting that the UBP isn't available during your sailing. The supervisor may not be able to arrange for you to get the UBP but may be able to arrange for two beds in that room if they know in advance. Tell them you are disatisfied with your PCC and the reasons why, even tell them you don't want to get them in trouble and that you are telling them just to make sure the PCC knows the "rules" in the future Who knows you may or may not end up with an OBC or something for your troubles.

IMHO.....you need to stop protecting him and talk to a Supervisor - ESPECIALLY if you have the documentation in writing. You did not get what you think you purchased. It may - or may not - change anything but I'd certainly want to go on record with my concerns.

There may be something that the Supervisor can do - at least about the bed.

Edited by happy cruzin

There is nothing wrong with ranting here, feels good a lot of times when you do. But you should contact a supervisor. It's not a matter of getting your PCC in trouble, it just may be that they need a little re-education. The PCC's deal with every sailing, every ship, every cabin etc and at times they are giving a stock answer that unfortunatly may not be the correct one. It could be the used car salesman thing or it could be just not knowing or forgetting that the UBP isn't available during your sailing. The supervisor may not be able to arrange for you to get the UBP but may be able to arrange for two beds in that room if they know in advance. Tell them you are disatisfied with your PCC and the reasons why, even tell them you don't want to get them in trouble and that you are telling them just to make sure the PCC knows the "rules" in the future Who knows you may or may not end up with an OBC or something for your troubles.

Agree,,,,,but always include the positives about this PCC.....about how personable he was, etc. when talking to the Supervisor.

Sorry to hear about all the erroneous information from your PCC.

As someone said above, a bar set-up can be cost effective and it's really nice to be able to make a drink in your suite. However, I would miss my "specialty" drinks.

The first time we were in a two bedroom suite, we were given the same info that you were given i.e. we were told that the master bedroom bed could be split. When we arrived and asked the steward to separate it, we learned that it could not be separated. He didn't offer any creative solutions, but perhaps you'll have better luck.

I hope that there are not any more surprises! Good luck!

Thats the thing. I have all the promises in writing but were will that get me? I still won't be able to purchase the UDP and my king size bed won't be split. I will still be on that ship and in that room. But I am disappointed. What can I do? nothing. He just gave me false info on everything. He even told me that all the aft balconies are the same size on the breakaway and I TOLD HIM THAT THEY AREN'T.

Check Bob Brown's post about the king sized bed. They took care of his problem. No reason they couldn't fix yours if you contact the right person.

I was able to purchase it for myself and clients sailing on April 5th.

You are probably going to want to double check that before you sail. NCL is extremely explicit and consistent in stating that the UBP is not available those weeks. I'm thinking it might have been sold to you in error.

I have a question... I just noticed a price drop of $150. per person for my cabin on my sailing. Its after final payment.

Do I chance calling my "wonderful" PCC since at least he may want to try to get me something being we have a relationship already. I know they don't have to give me anything but... Or do I call and speak to someone else?

Also, he doesn't come in until 11:00 and there's only 2 cabins left in my category. So I would be taking a chance that they'll be gone by the time he comes in.