Australian Open Cruise

Rosee

Hi to all,

Has anyone reading this been on, and just returned from, the first ever cruise to the Australian Tennis Open this year in Melbourne?

Interested in going next year and wondering how the tennis side of it works?

Looks great!

Thanks for any light you can shed on this subject.

Rosee

The ship taking 1800 passengers to the Aus Open tennis this week was Pacific Pearl. Returned yesterday (Friday) after 4 night cruise to Melbourne having left on Monday.

Cruise fare included entrance to tennis at Melbourne Park.

Goes again next year.

Rosee

Pacific Pearl was only in port for about 10 hours. I guess they got ground passes to the tennis, access to most courts but centre court (I think).

During the Cup carnival in November a couple of ships spend several days in Melbourne.

Thanks Big M,

Next year the ship will stay two days, overnight in Melbourne, so the night session is available next year as well as the day session. I am guessing that the $100 upgrade will then be payable for each session.

How were the transfers managed? How far from the ship is the Tennis Centre?

Was there just a shuttle in the morning, or more frequently during the day, so that lunch could be partaken on the ship before returning to the tennis?

Thanks for any help you can give me on these questions,

Rosee

Thanks Big M,

Next year the ship will stay two days, overnight in Melbourne, so the night session is available next year as well as the day session. I am guessing that the $100 upgrade will then be payable for each session.

How were the transfers managed? How far from the ship is the Tennis Centre?

Was there just a shuttle in the morning, or more frequently during the day, so that lunch could be partaken on the ship before returning to the tennis?

Thanks for any help you can give me on these questions,

Rosee

i just did a dummy booking with p&o and they have a starting price of $1000 pp for an inside twin including transfers, if you're a past passenger you get $50 off pp....the online sites may have some bargains, best to check them out

To get from Station Pier (Port Melbourne) you take Tram 109 from the Pier Head to the corner of Flinders & Spencer St. Change there for Eastbound tram to Tennis Centre . Total travel time around 20 - 25 minutes. You need a MYKI to use public transport in Melbourne. See MYKI website for details.