Flam Railway in morning?

Time doesn't matter - 9AM is not early morning anyway in June.

Are you booking through cruise line or at web.

I do not recommen to book via the web since tickets have to be validated at the ticket counter if brought at the web or at NSB.

We were in Flam in mid June and it was nice weather, sunny, but not hot and no mist. We bought our tickets at the station with no problem. There were only two people in front of us. If I remember correctly, we caught the train about 11am after the cruise passengers had left. Much cheaper to buy your tickets direct.

We were in Flam in mid June and it was nice weather, sunny, but not hot and no mist. We bought our tickets at the station with no problem. There were only two people in front of us. If I remember correctly, we caught the train about 11am after the cruise passengers had left. Much cheaper to buy your tickets direct.

That's why I was wondering if the later train might not be so full, if the cruise ship passengers normally gravitate to the morning trains.

It's certainly possible there will be more room on later trains. On the other hand, last time I was there, there were 2 ships in port (about 3,500 passengers in total), we were second ship in but I was more or less first off heading for the booking office, and 11.30 or so was the first available train. It finished up with all trains full and some people disappointed. You simply can't know for sure, in advance.