Bottle water

bubba98

I was just curious about bottle water on RCC. Has anyone put a extra luggage tag on a case of bottle water and had it show up in your stateroom. My wife and I do it all the time on Princess and it is always there. I was just wondering if Royal allows this or do they stop it we will be sailing the grandeur in a couple weeks and both drink bottle water. Thanks for any info

I was just curious about bottle water on RCC. Has anyone put a extra luggage tag on a case of bottle water and had it show up in your stateroom. My wife and I do it all the time on Princess and it is always there. I was just wondering if Royal allows this or do they stop it we will be sailing the grandeur in a couple weeks and both drink bottle water. Thanks for any info

People do it all the time. The only difficulty seems to arise during spring break. If you are not sailing during college spring break season, you should be fine.

People do it all the time. The only difficulty seems to arise during spring break. If you are not sailing during college spring break season, you should be fine.

True, although there have been some reports that porters in certain ports have refused to take cases and have insisted that people carry them on. You might consider using a cheap duffle.

Put it in something with handles....makes it easier for the luggage handlers.

I'm thinking we've done it twice, but on 2 different lines. I think on HAL we just gave the porter the case of bottled water with a tag on it. But, I think I put it all in a carry on size suitcase or bag and also tagged it and gave it to the porter on the Oasis with RCCI. Been a couple of years ... hard to remember ... maybe I need to book another cruise soon, LOL! Seriously tho, I don't think you'll have an issue. But I do agree with the OP ... make it easier for the porter by putting it in something easier to carry. Happy Sailing! :)

For medical reasons, I have to drink a lot of water so although I hope to take some on board with me in a handled bag, do you know if the tap water on RCI ships is safe to drink. Can I safely refill some of the smaller size bottles from the ship's taps when we have port days to take out with me or will I have to always buy them ashore?

For medical reasons, I have to drink a lot of water so although I hope to take some on board with me in a handled bag, do you know if the tap water on RCI ships is safe to drink. Can I safely refill some of the smaller size bottles from the ship's taps when we have port days to take out with me or will I have to always buy them ashore?

I find the ship's water fine in taste but find it makes me retain water. I have borderline hbp so I prefer to bring my own bottled water to drink

Agree, put it in a duffle bag, slap a room tag on it. Done!!! Use the duffle bag for dirty clothes when you debark.

If you just slap a sticker on the 24 pack, there is a "chance" the porters will not deliver it and you don't want to be stuck having to lug that around until the rooms open.

I disagree that the ships water is just fine. You never know and this way for a 7 day cuise, you and your family can always have a water bottle handy.

Edited by oracer