Just off FOS

Sure, I've got one. We have about a 1 pm flight out of Orlando. We plan to use Luggage Valet so we could either do self disembark or wait for our "colors" to be called.

What time should we expect to be off the ship? We have private transportation reserved. Right now I told them 8 AM. Is that too early/too late? Don't want to be standing on the curb waiting but don't wan to rush off the ship if we don't need to.

Just got off the Freedom of the Seas.

Any questions?

So maybe I ought to bump the shuttle back to 8:30... If they let you hang around and have breakfast in your room or WJ etc. Or is it herd into public areas and wait?

I don't think they do room service breakfast on disembarkation day. Only certain venues are open to get food and only for so long.

Question for the OP... how were the waits for the flow rider? Any "not to miss" shows?

They do not do room service on the last morning.

Windjammer has a full breakfast as well as continental breakfast areas set up at different places. You wait to disembark at different places around the ship depending on your luggage tag number. Our place to wait was around the Promenade but we ended up standing for about 45 minutes as there was no place to sit.

Our time to disembark was 9:00 so we planned on going to the Windjammer about 7:30 and then back to our room to wait closer to our 9:00 time. However, when we got back to the room a little after 8:00, the housekeeper was in the room already starting to clean even though all our carry on luggage etc. was still there. She said they expect people to be out of their room by 8:00 even though we did not see anything written or announced to that effect. :eek:

We were on Freedom for New Years. The MDR is also open for breakfast. They want all rooms cleared by 8:00 (this has been standard for years on RCCL). We did an early time, 7:45. We had breakfast, went back to our room and at 7:45 they called our number and we left. We were off, gathered our luggage, went through customs, and were in our car leaving the port at 8:30. We did not do express debarkation. So it goes smoothly and quickly. One of the best things RCCL does is embarkation and debarkation. I have never been delayed.

We were on Freedom for New Years. The MDR is also open for breakfast. They want all rooms cleared by 8:00 (this has been standard for years on RCCL). We did an early time, 7:45. We had breakfast, went back to our room and at 7:45 they called our number and we left. We were off, gathered our luggage, went through customs, and were in our car leaving the port at 8:30. We did not do express debarkation. So it goes smoothly and quickly. One of the best things RCCL does is embarkation and debarkation. I have never been delayed.

I never knew you had to be out of your room by 0800.

The MDR breakfast last day is not the normal full breakfast menu.

I returned from Freedom eastern on January 19th, so I can answer a few questions!

I am curious if they still do the towel animals at night in your cabin? My son loves them but I thought I saw someone post the stewards were not doing it anymore.

We had a towel animal every night after turndown service. I don't know if this is standard or if our Attendant loved us?

On disembarkation day, as has been mentioned, room service isn't offered. They don't 'kick you out' of your staterooms by any time, we were amongst the first in our hall to leave at around 7:30. The rule of thumb is don't leave your room until you are ready to leave, though, as the Attendant ninjas will strike! WJ and MDR are open, but be aware that the MDR closes at 8AM. They offer the typical MDR menu but don't offer Eggs Benedict the last morning, everything else is game, though. And they offer their self service buffet setup in the MDR as well, so that can be a much quicker option than the WJ any day!

I found the shows to be quite good and I especially enjoyed the FoS Orchestra, very talented musicians. The 'adult' shows (Love & Marriage, Quest, Battle of the Sexes) are not to be missed. The comedian was okay but I found the magician to be awesome.

And the Coke Freestyle machines were very convenient! I used them much more than I thought I would. I didn't have an issue with my mug as many on this board seem to have. I simply got my mug when I wanted some and left it in the room when I didn't? Seems pretty easy to me.

I am curious if they still do the towel animals at night in your cabin? My son loves them but I thought I saw someone post the stewards were not doing it anymore.

Yes, we had a towel animal waiting for us in our room every night when we got back to the room from dinner. :)

They do the towel animals in the room? How great. That must be something new, for when I sailed on RCCL years ago, they did not do it then. That is one of the things I had liked about Carnival, was the towel animals. :)

We had towel animals every night when we sailed Freedom in May.