Room for 4 + Baby?

LissyTx

Hello - we are sailing on Oasis at the end of May/beginning of June... We have a interior balcony booked (a great one at that - 10329). However, it looks like the grandparents may be coming with - and I'm curious if 2 balconies are cheaper or if a suite would be. There will be 4 adults and 1 baby. I can certainly price different rooms - but was not sure which rooms could accommodate this many people.

Thanks for any advice.

Melissa

Especially with a baby I would get two rooms, that way you and baby can be in one room during nap time and the other room would still be available for the others to use as needed. Suites don't offer that much privacy. Definitely get a balcony with a baby because when you are somewhat trapped in the room when the baby is sleeping you can be out on the balcony enjoying your cruise!

Suites while nice would be your most expensive option. I would look at connecting rooms if you wanted to be very close by. Side by side or balcony with an inside across the hall is another option.

Definitely go with the two rooms as then you get 2 bathrooms.

And privacy. ;)

Also the second room would be good for when baby is napping.

When we couldn't get connecting balcony rooms, my daughter brought the baby monitor and would either take it out on to her balcony or bring it in our room (and either rest herself or watch TV). We had a pass key made for her so she could access our room whenever she wanted. We had one for her room, so she and her husband could go out while "we" listened for the baby. Worked out well. Our rooms were side-by-side aft cabins. (the baby also took a few naps in the pack and play out on the balcony with her mother - aft cabins are usually more of a patio size than a standard balcony)

I'm not sure why I forgot about connecting rooms, duh! I'm blaming it on my lack of sleep. Thanks for the advice!

One thing about connecting cabins: We have only had them once, but the room steward said once the connecting door was open it had to stay open; only he had the key to close and lock it. And vice versa... if we kept it closed most of the time, we couldn't open it ourselves, he had to do that. Can someone tell me if that's just because it was an older ship (I think it was Sovereign or Vision class) or are all ships like that? We had assumed it would be like a hotel, where if someone in both rooms locks/unlocks the door on each side, you can control whether its open or closed yourselves.