Getaway's Trans?

London-Calling

My son is a sound tech on the Getaway and we got to talk to him yesterday. He reports as Michael did above that it wasn't too bumpy and he thought the CD said there were just over 1000 passengers onboard. Sure wish I could've been onboard with those low numbers. He is enjoying the Getaway so far but does report it is kinda boring working some of the sound effects in the smaller lounges because there isn't really much to do and he typically works alone. On the cruise that leaves today, he says he heard that both Buddy the Cake Boss and Jeffrey Zacharian are supposed to be aboard. He didn't hear if Mr. Sheehan is supposed to come also but I imagine he will be in Miami for the ship's christening.

Have not slept since the arrival in NYC so only a few brief points:

- We went a more southern route than I expected

- I took anti sea sickness pills from the -1. day on and only felt it getting uncomfortable in my aft located cabin on the last sea day

- We were less than 1200 passengers on board

- Because of that they changed the entertainment in the theater to one new show per night and one afternoon event at 3pm

- I noticed no difference compared to the breakaway (apart from the renaming of venues and different decorations) although they seemed to had more seating out on the waterfront and a different setting of tables and seats in bliss. But that may be like that on the breakaway now as well

- They had a new MDR menu I was not a fan of. I am sure there will be detailed comparisons between the old and new menu soon. I never had a bad meal but I hardly remember a main course worth mentioning now.

- If you ever have a chance to go on a cruise ship that size with less than 25% passengers go for it. A unique experience and a lot of fun.

- I think their farewell show and the presence when disembarking the ship was the most awesome I ever experienced

- All of the crew did an outstanding job all ten days to deliver their very best service. I was quite impressed as often they were clearly overstaffed and it must have been boring as hell sometimes.

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity. Thank you for sharing and hope you get some rest soon.

My son is a sound tech on the Getaway and we got to talk to him yesterday. He reports as Michael did above that it wasn't too bumpy and he thought the CD said there were just over 1000 passengers onboard. Sure wish I could've been onboard with those low numbers. He is enjoying the Getaway so far but does report it is kinda boring working some of the sound effects in the smaller lounges because there isn't really much to do and he typically works alone. On the cruise that leaves today, he says he heard that both Buddy the Cake Boss and Jeffrey Zacharian are supposed to be aboard. He didn't hear if Mr. Sheehan is supposed to come also but I imagine he will be in Miami for the ship's christening.

What time does it leave port?

Home from the transatlantic last night. With only 1100 passengers any reviews are not of much value. With more staff and crew then passengers just a remarkable cruise.

The coolest thing with specialty restaurants alternating nights open they made sure all the crew got a chance to enjoy them on their nights off. It was great to see crew (not Staff) enjoying a night out. When Cagney's was open Moderno was closed freeing up the crew.

Zoey

I think she leaves today at 3:00? That's what it says for her itinerary on NCL.com

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Thanks. Now if I can just get my boss out of the office for about an hour!!

I was wrong. She's still docked. Doesn't look like she's leaving any time soon either.

Sorry! At least you didn't miss anything!

Maybe it's 6:00pm? No clue.

Keep checking.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

According to today's Freestyle Daily the Mandatory Lifeboat Drill is at 4PM, all visitors must be off by 6PM and "All Aboard" is 7:30 PM so she must be leaving at 8PM.

Edited by peg013

Thanks, all! 8:30 it is.

I've been watching for a little bit. She does look pretty against the skyline.

It should be a great sailaway.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Sailed at 8. Unless you are watching right now, you'll miss it. I'm watching it go!

When I go to that port of new york link, all I see is a video of a Breakaway sailaway from earlier this month?

Go to the webcam click on the arrow and you will see it live.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006