RCCL -sickness on ship last week

beshears

Were traveling on the Breakaway, Super Bowl Sunday and I will be more careful mostly washing my hands more often. I use wipes somehow I feel there a little better than the lotions etc. Washing our hands before we enter the buffet is a good idea but then we touch the serving spoons etc. and there gross. I carry wipes and clean my hands when I sit down to my table to eat. I am also planning on bringing Imodium and something for nausea just in case. That all said, I am a germaphobe and wash my hands more than anyone I know but 3 years despite my best efforts I got Noro on a cruise...

The recent illness on RCCL does not change my feelings about cruising. This does happen on all ships and on land and I don't believe RCCL is responsible for the outbreak. We have never had the virus on any of our cruises and will continue to be careful and practice good hygiene.

Thanks to the 2 of you for the names of the non-alcohol sanitizer. I will get some to get in the eating facilities.

I taught school for 25 years in schools of 3 to 4,000 students. We always

had breakouts of stomach illnesses, as well as respiratory illnesses. In

places that large, one can almost "see" the sickness spreading, so it isn't

just cruise ships. A good thing about being a retired teacher is that I am

much healthier since I'm not around germs that much.

We have cruises booked, and we are in no way afraid of getting sick, but,

of course, we will be especially cautious by following good hand washing, etc.

Cruzin Lady

Not at all. I am scheduled to sail shortly.

I cruise and travel all the time and take whatever precautions I can for health and safety. Sickness can happen anywhere and especially anywhere where there are lots of people. Flu like viruses go around schools every winter and we never hear the media go berserk. In fact, because of flu like symptoms, one hospital nearby has restricted anyone under 18 from visiting patients. Guess the press missed that one.

I sailed the week after the Concordia accident. Lots of friends asked me if I was afraid to cruise! I will add that the muster drill for that cruise was the most serious in years.

m

Very gentile on your hands.

What if you're Jewish? ;)

But really, I'm not worried. 20 million cases per year, 600 on EOS, so that's 0.003% of yearly cases.

Edited by DrD

Thank you "everyone" for your replies. Now all we need to do is WASH, WASH, WASH our hands thoroughly.:) Also take caution of putting our fingers in our mouth "before" we have washed our hands.

I have cruised over 25 years, and this has never happened to us or anyone else around us, so that is why I was curious of your thoughts. Yes, the airplane, airport can have it as well.

Simply put -- no not worried. I can't help that people do come on board the ship not feeling well....people go to work, not feeling well -- but since they can't afford to lose a days pay, they come to work.

My DH and I could come down with a virus anywhere; anywhere people are in a close confined area --PEOPLE need to be considerate of others....the cruise lines, all of them, do the best they can to prevent or contain the situation. No cruise line wants a sailing to have problems....it only causes a headache for them and usually a financial consequence as well.

I have our next cruise planned for June, and looking forward to it!!!!

Last year we returned from a cruise - and I returned to work, and we had a Noro virus quarantine in my workplace.

It can happen anywhere.

And to BESHEARS - remember not just about putting your fingers in your mouth - but also - picking your nose :eek:, and rubbing your eyes. ;)