Ft. Lauderdale Airport Terminals

budisal

I've taken only a few HAL transfer buses (Seattle, L.A., Copenhagen), but when I have they parked in one spot and waited to fill up rather than driving around to different stops. Maybe that spot at FLL is terminal 2?

Generally the folks that I've been on the shuttle with have been on the elderly side. That would just be nasty if Hal made anyone walk that far.

OP, please let us know what you hear. If they are going to make you walk all that way I'd tell them to forget about it.

I am going to do that. It sounds wrong to me too. The HAL rep may have misunderstood my question ... although, I must say, I was a journalist most of my life and thought I was being most suscinct. lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let us know what happens.

I hope you still have time to cancel HAL's transfers and take a taxi.

Terminal 4 to terminal 2 is a bit of a hike (around the outside walk or through the parking garage) and we just wonder why anyone pays for a cruise line transfer at this airport. Taxis are cheaper, faster, and more convenient. So you will have to claim your luggage, and hike over a distance to find your shuttle bus, and then probably sit an wait until they fill your bus or large van. If you take a taxi you would simply walk out of your Terminal and grab a taxi to the nearby port (less then $20) or the hotel of your choice. If the cruise line is going to accept your money for a transfer, the least they can do is meet you at your luggage area and take you right outside to your transportation.

Hank

I heartily agree with you. I will never take transfers at FLL again. It will be a taxi for me......

I heartily agree with you. I will never take transfers at FLL again. It will be a taxi for me......

I don't blame you. Yours was a disaster. Generally they are not that bad.

As far as why people would take one is for safety. I don't feel too safe taking a cab by myself in Florida. That said, I will be doing it in April.

I am from canada too. That doesn't make sense.

I know it didn't make sense as the whole thing doesn't make sense - it was just a thought about why. :) You never know what the cruise lines are thinking when they make arrangements.

I'm glad the OP has reconsidered and I am sure you, Cruz Chic will be oK in April, although I share your concerns about taking a taxi solo!! pretty much everywhere not just in Florida.

I was just re-assured by the HAL rep that, because I had given them my airline info, they would definitely be there to pick me up. So, there you go. Can't trust everything they tell you. The rep had no idea where I got the terminal 2 info from.

I was just re-assured by the HAL rep that, because I had given them my airline info, they would definitely be there to pick me up. So, there you go. Can't trust everything they tell you. The rep had no idea where I got the terminal 2 info from.

I wouldn't doubt it if someone told you that. Seattle does tend to make a lot of mistakes even though when I say this one poster that worked in Seattle likes to rip me a new one. Glad you got it straightened out. It just didn't make sense that you would have to go elsewhere. Thx for letting us know. Have a wonderful time!

If there is any kind of problem, I'll grab a taxi and yell at HAL later. Not going to ruin a great cruise over $20.

I'm sure you'll be fine. One time I had a snow storm from hell-o in Calgary. I missed my connection in Houston. They were going to put me on a flight the next morning (I flew the day before my cruise) but made it on as a stand by, by sheer luck. Even though the flight didn't resemble the info I had originally gave them they were there to meet me. I was very impressed.

No matter what airport I have landed at in this world, if I have the HAL transfer, I have always been met in the terminal where I arrived.

If I arrive the day prior, I usually have the HAL pre-cruise night, and that includes a HAL transfer. Sometimes I don't have the HAL pre-night, but I do have the HAL transfer from the airport the day of the cruise. It's still always been from the terminal where I arrived.

:confused: What's different about taxis in Florida from anywhere else?

They are the worst. Speak very limited English. Island music blaring in the cab. Too busy talking on the phone and driving. They often run red lights.

The only time I feel safe is with an American driver, and they are very few.

Problem solved. Enjoy your cruise.

That is what HAL told us when they were given our airline info and then when we arrived they were nowhere to be found.......

They will tell you anything, but it is what actually happens that counts....JMO of course.

hi

Called Avanti wonderful service 954-655-7376. make sure you get their business card it cost me $7.00 from port to airport. I did not use them airport to hotel. I did use them airport to cruise port again $7.00 that was in November

Mary

Wrong number 954-655-1376

Edited by Watson's aunt
wrong number

hi

Called Avanti wonderful service 954-655-7376. make sure you get their business card it cost me $7.00 from port to airport. I did not use them airport to hotel. I did use them airport to cruise port again $7.00 that was in November

Mary

Wrong number 954-655-1376

My taxi from the port to the airport in FLL a few years ago cost me $15 plus tip, so $7 is a great price.

:confused: What's different about taxis in Florida from anywhere else?

I had one cab driver at the port in FLL who assured me that he knew how to get to the Amtrak Station, but he ended up in the station parking lot, a fair distance from the station itself. I looked around and saw a ramp that took us to the station. When we got there, he just sat in the car and popped the trunk open, but didn't help me with my bags. I had to get them out of the trunk myself. That is the only time in my life that I didn't tip my taxi driver.