Pub Lunch on Royal?

dorisis

Is the Pub Lunch on the Ruby ?

It's on all Princess ships. :D I had it on Ruby Princess Dec. 2012 and it was the same back then.

We were not real impressed with the pub lunch on the Royal during Christmas but we plan to give it a try again next week. We usually love it.

I ate the Pub Lunch three times in two weeks and rather enjoyed it. The food is comforting and tasty, not gourmet cuisine by any stretch of the imagination, but still a nice diversion. ;)

:D

I noticed a nitrogen tap usually associated with Guinness Stout, however the tap handle did not resemble a typical Guinness Stout handle. Does anyone know what brand of Stout Princess is serving? I am a big stout fan and would like to know.

Thanks

I noticed a nitrogen tap usually associated with Guinness Stout, however the tap handle did not resemble a typical Guinness Stout handle. Does anyone know what brand of Stout Princess is serving? I am a big stout fan and would like to know.

Thanks

Murphy's Stout was the one on the right.

Edited by dmwnc1959

There has been a pub lunch on every Princess cruise on select sea days. The food is of the quality of comfort food or pub food and is tasty. It goes well with a nice brew like Guiness or Murphy's. Looking forward to a pub lunch on our next cruise.

I found the pub lunch meals on the Royal to be rather "minimalist" compared to previous experiences on the Sapphire. For example, no peas and one instead of two sauces with the fish and chips. Not sure if this was a Royal only thing or a change across the board however.

I found the pub lunch meals on the Royal to be rather "minimalist" compared to previous experiences on the Sapphire. For example, no peas and one instead of two sauces with the fish and chips. Not sure if this was a Royal only thing or a change across the board however.

At the first Pub Lunch I went to on Royal Princess they did have 'mushy peas', because the lady sitting next to me at the same table from our Cruise Critic group had them. She seemed to enjoy them quite a bit!

Edited by dmwnc1959

I was on the Royal cruise Jan 12-19th and had the pub lunch the first sea day.....fish and chips..... it was alright (second piece of fish was rather batter soggy) but the mushy peas were great :)

I was on the Royal cruise Jan 12-19th and had the pub lunch the first sea day.....fish and chips..... it was alright (second piece of fish was rather batter soggy) but the mushy peas were great :)

Ahh sounds better - I was on the 2nd preview cruise so perhaps they hadn't sourced the mushy peas at that point ;)

At the first Pub Lunch I went to on Royal Princess they did have 'mushy peas', because the lady sitting next to me at the same table from our Cruise Critic group had them. She seemed to enjoy them quite a bit!

Hi David!

Pub Lunch was served once on my short Sapphire Princess cruise. Of course, it was the last sea day after the ship sailed from Ensenada. I definitely didn't want to miss it! They served it in the "Savoy" dining room which has the dark woods and fabrics much like the Crown Grille. The fish & chips were great, just like they were on the Royal. I do like the mushy peas! I had great memories of our group Pub Lunch on the Royal and the last one with you, Ramah, Tom and I.

I must say that the Sapphire Princess is one pretty lady, just like her sister! :)

John

Hi John!

It sounds like you must have had a really nice time on Sapphire Princess. I'm sure the days aboard her must have gone by too quickly.

I also enjoyed that final Pub Lunch on Royal Princess, as I had forgotten all about it until running across Tom near the Crown Grill. I'm glad I went, the Scotch Egg was delicious, and the company was indeed wonderful. It was a great two weeks!

Hi John!

It sounds like you must have had a really nice time on Sapphire Princess. I'm sure the days aboard her must have gone by too quickly.

I also enjoyed that final Pub Lunch on Royal Princess, as I had forgotten all about it until running across Tom near the Crown Grill. I'm glad I went, the Scotch Egg was delicious, and the company was indeed wonderful. It was a great two weeks!

I did have a great cruise on Sapphire Princess even though the time really did pass by too quickly. My four night dining experiences consisted of one night in the MDR, one night at Alfredo's and two nights at Horizon. The food was good there but it seemed to me there was less variety. I guess I must be spoiled by Royal's huge Horizon Court because this one seemed so small and sometimes quite crowded especially at peak times. I especially enjoyed the Conservatory and found it to be very relaxing. Since the weather was fairly cool during the voyage, they always kept the cover closed. There were not many children on this cruise so it was very peaceful and quiet.

It will really be nice to apply the FCC earned from this cruise to my Regal booking for November! :D

• 2 weeks later...
How do you 'earn' FCCs? We have always had to buy them.

Hi!

Sorry if I caused you any confusion. :o I should have stated that the credit I earned from this cruise is known as "Voyage Goodwill." That is how the credit shows up in my Captain's Circle Savings Account. It does not show up as FCC. Again, sorry for any confusion.

John