Dress code on Azura

Harriet75C

This is probably a silly question, but I've looked at the recently updated dress code schedule for my cruise (Azura A410) and it lists the Black and White night as an evening casual night. Every single other cruise has it on a black tie night. Is it possible that the list is wrong and it is, in fact, supposed to be the theme of the second black tie evening? It seems from my reading of other posts on here that usually the black and white night is on a formal evening.

I just don't want to turn up with inappropriate clothes! :)

I'd be very surprised if it were casual. It is ALWAYS a formal evening. Mind you, we sometimes find that the evenings when we're aboard are not in exactly the same order as it says on the P&O website. We were even once on Oceana and the number of jacket required evenings varied from that published.

This is probably a silly question, but I've looked at the recently updated dress code schedule for my cruise (Azura A410) and it lists the Black and White night as an evening casual night. Every single other cruise has it on a black tie night. Is it possible that the list is wrong and it is, in fact, supposed to be the theme of the second black tie evening? It seems from my reading of other posts on here that usually the black and white night is on a formal evening.

I just don't want to turn up with inappropriate clothes! :)

It will be a Formal night. Well if it is not it will be for us. :) :)

Keep watching this space for news of group get together.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Looking at the list of dress code nights in the Caribbean it shows 4 formal and 10 evening casual but I thought some of these might be smart ie: jacket is this not the case my DH doesn't want to take another jacket if not required .We are cruising on Azura .:)

Looking at the list of dress code nights in the Caribbean it shows 4 formal and 10 evening casual but I thought some of these might be smart ie: jacket is this not the case my DH doesn't want to take another jacket if not required .We are cruising on Azura .:)

Hi tried to post this earlier i must of forgotton to press submit

Just checked my cruise at xmas and it is indeed 10 casual 4 black tie with the b/w being formal.

I rang pando and they said in the caribbean they are doing away with the jacket required evening

Terry

On azura

Edited by tfg

We are off to Azura in March and my Cruise Personaliser still says 4 Formal, 4 Smart (Jacket required) and the rest Smart Casual. On the list on the website the Black and White evening is listed as being on a Formal Evening. I would be very surprised if wasn't formal. My husband always takes a linen jacket so he can use that on the Smart evenings if required.

We are off to Azura in March and my Cruise Personaliser still says 4 Formal, 4 Smart (Jacket required) and the rest Smart Casual. On the list on the website the Black and White evening is listed as being on a Formal Evening. I would be very surprised if wasn't formal. My husband always takes a linen jacket so he can use that on the Smart evenings if required.

Maybe it is starting when the ship goes back to the caribbean later in the year s the med cruises are also showing jacket req but not the later caribbean ones

Terry

Where did you see this ?We are on Azura in Carib on March 8th and out cruise personaliser shows 6 casual 4 smart Jacket and 4 Black Ties. I would also like to leave the Jacket at home.

Where did you see this ?We are on Azura in Carib on March 8th and out cruise personaliser shows 6 casual 4 smart Jacket and 4 Black Ties. I would also like to leave the Jacket at home.

It is on P&O website in q&a all dates are there till next year maybe someone that has just been could let us know ?

We are on Azura, Caribbean, in February and our cruise personaliser shows 6 casual, 4 smart jacket and 4 formal. Just checked on P&O question and answer forum and it lists dress codes for all cruises, just click on the ships name.

Ours is the same as on our personaliser

Molly

Edited by sagaris

Just had a read of the other postings and yes that's how I read it jackets for Med not for Caribbean so think that will be it so no jacket .:)

I have just looked at the dress codes for my cruise A405 and it shows same as the cruise personaliser which is 6-4-4. It is showing 10 casual for next Caribbean season 2014/5 but for the rest of this season it shows 6-4-4.

Maybe someone who has just returned can comment ?

I have just looked at the dress codes for my cruise A405 and it shows same as the cruise personaliser which is 6-4-4. It is showing 10 casual for next Caribbean season 2014/5 but for the rest of this season it shows 6-4-4.

Maybe someone who has just returned can comment ?

I have returned from the azura xmas cruise where we had 3 dress codes

As i am booked on this years xmas cruise too i as checking how long we would get in port and the dress code,that is where i learnt about there just being 2 dress codes for when azura goes back to the caribbean in nov 2014

If you go on pando site and ask the question about black tie nights you can see all the azura cruises and see for yourself

Hope this helps

Terry

Before Azura was introduced P&O always used to have only 2 dress codes, formal and casual, on Caribbean cruises, even in the days when all their ships sailing out of Southampton operated 3 dress codes. They may well be reverting to this practice in these days of ever reducing baggage allowances. On the other hand, they could be coming into line with most of the industry and operating only two codes on all cruises ...

Edited by Denarius

23kg is possible, even with the three dress codes - I've done it quite a few times. We are doing a back to back this time which means I'm packing for four weeks on board - still with only 23 kg! Needless to say things will be worn more than once!

23kg is possible, even with the three dress codes - I've done it quite a few times. We are doing a back to back this time which means I'm packing for four weeks on board - still with only 23 kg! Needless to say things will be worn more than once!

Yes we generally make use of the laundry facilities and re-use clothing. Met some lovely people while ironing my shirts :)

Just had a read of the other postings and yes that's how I read it jackets for Med not for Caribbean so think that will be it so no jacket .:)

I have phoned P&O and have it confirmed that our March 8th on Azura is definitely 3 codes 6-4-4 and that the new 10-4 does not start until the next Caribbean season.