Unbelievable Upgrade Experience, Thanks NCL!

SweetSuiteCruiser

I am so very happy for you. Really, I am.

But - it is beyond me why somebody at NCL would not have taken a minute and upgrade a Platinum member from a balcony, moved them to the OS and give you a balcony. Now you have many people very happy.

Again, happy for you, but if I was a manager at NCL, I would be slapping somebody around.

First of all, congrats to OP...I really wish I could score something like that. That is a dream :)

But I have to second Garycarla here....

I am not platinum and I do not think I "deserve" that upgrade more than the next guy...but...

As a customer service manager I know how expensive $$ it really is to please a customer to a 10/10 satisfaction based on experience with a service provider.

That said, Ncl could ( should ) have invested a few hours of customer service personnel to make phone calls to a few patron and bump 5 or 6 or even 10 customer up a notch and have not one but 5 or 6 or 10 person speaking highly of Ncl's customer service.

This is my manager side talking....

Cruiser side says yahooo !!! Good for you OP

I know the lovely people that were upgraded and yes, i was truly happy for them.....but from a business perspective....not a great reason to stay loyal....or become platinum....there should be a better system....again, i was very happy for them....they are really lovely people...but it just doesn't seem fair.....that's my humble opinion.....

I know the lovely people that were upgraded and yes, i was truly happy for them.....but from a business perspective....not a great reason to stay loyal....or become platinum....there should be a better system....again, i was very happy for them....they are really lovely people...but it just doesn't seem fair.....that's my humble opinion.....

I think it's perfectly fine- that's what a "guarantee cabin" is all about. Take the gamble and you may hit the jackpot :)

I think it's perfectly fine- that's what a "guarantee cabin" is all about. Take the gamble and you may hit the jackpot :)

I'm totally with you on this. I'm a "Platinum" latitudes member (waaaaaay tooo much is thought of this by some people) and frequent cruiser and I think it's awesome that this happened to them. :D As long as I get what I pay for I'm happy, and while there will always be those "waaaah but what about me, it's not fair" types that will wonder why it didn't happen for them, that's life. There are always people that whine about anything and everything, I highly doubt this will be the be straw that makes them go to another line, however now NCL has won over new customers.

Edited by xenagurl

I'm totally with you on this. I'm a "Platinum" latitudes member (waaaaaay tooo much is thought of this by some people) and frequent cruiser and I think it's awesome that this happened to them. :D As long as I get what I pay for I'm happy, and while there will always be those "waaaah but what about me, it's not fair" types that will wonder why it didn't happen for them, that's life. There are always people that whine about anything and everything, I highly doubt this will be the be straw that makes them go to another line, however now NCL has won over new customers.

what a great idea! i will do that for each cruise i go on from now on! lol...i am entitled to my opinion...and yes, i waaaah and it's not fair....and if you don't like it, then skip over my posts!

Oh go stand in a corner and cry. I mean really. :rolleyes:

Wow! When I booked a OX category on the Jewell, I was content to be placed in a OA cabin. Last Friday, I booked another OX on the Star from Miami to LA in November. I am thinking lady luck will give me the OK and a view of the life boat.

It sure would be nice to have this for 13 days...

star_modal_str_OwnerSuite_add.jpg.9746ebf2518dd52bf51f74e5fa594032.jpg

star_modal_fp_OwnerSuite_add_r.jpg.3a5b0b84ae1e6e564d42be345120fbe7.jpg

what a great idea! i will do that for each cruise i go on from now on! lol...i am entitled to my opinion...and yes, i waaaah and it's not fair....and if you don't like it, then skip over my posts!

I wasn't referring to YOU. I didn't get the impression from your post that you were complaining, but hey if the shoe fits you really ought to wear it. I will be skipping your posts because I'm ignoring your sensitive CC persona from now on.

Edited by xenagurl

To the OP - I am very happy that you got the upgrade. Good for you.

For those who have complained about the system that NCL has in place for updgrades, I can totally understand why you are upset. If it was me, I would have offer the upgrade (free of charge) to a loyal NCL customer in a penthouse or even a balcony and upgraded the OP to that cabin. Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more!!!

Congratulations to the OP. I can't wait to read a review (hint hint) :D

If the OP is not going to post a review, please feel free to follow my review. I recently received an upgrade from a penthouse to the owner's suite on the Jewel. I am in the early stages of the review but there would be tons of pictures of the owner's suite, the Haven, and the ports.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1979682

My opinion is NCL most of the time would upsell from level to level. Bur for some reason this time went to them. Things like this happen and I say it is NCL's perogative to do it. Sometimes there are higher powers working. Just saying. This type of thing has happened to me in my life and I have always been filled with gratitude. When I hear it hsppens for someone else I can inly be happy for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Wow! Great story :) We enjoyed the deluxe owners suite after being offered it as an upsell from our aft balcony on the Star. You are so right! It was the experience of a lifetime, something we never could have afforded due to medical bills bc of breast cancer, 3 kids, 1 who is in college and one in grammer school, etc. We will never forget that NCL gave us that wonderful opportunity. We have another cruise booked on the Jewel for March 2nd. We are in a balcony this time and we are bringing all of the kids,(who have 2 inside rooms) (The older 2 usually stay behind due to school and jobs). So yes, I can go back to a regular room (my 13 yr old is a different story, lol).

I am so happy for you! And you didn't even have to pay for an upsell either!! Lucky!!!!

OP here!

Wow, I didn't expect so many replies. Thank you for all of the nice comments. I just want to be clear that this was not our first cruise with NCL. Honestly we have never been particularly loyal to one cruise line, we have just gone with whatever one had the best deal for our time of travel. But, I guarantee that in the future we will always try NCL first! They have earned our business and trust me we are spreading the word to anyone that will listen to us about how great we were treated.

I will try to get on that review.....

Lovely story. You certainly jumped the chain of people to go from the 'outhouse to the penthouse'!

Wasn't this the norovirus cruise as reported by the CDC? If so, did you have any issues with that?

Yes, this was the norovirus cruise! We were very impressed with the way NCL handled it. We had friends get sick and they were quarantined to the stateroom. NCL treated my sick friends very well. They took extreme measures in the buffet and dining rooms. In the buffet you couldn't get anything yourself, even plates or drinks. They had employees handing you each thing that you wanted. In the dining rooms they no longer put bread baskets, salt & pepper, or even sugar packets on the table. If you wanted any of these things a server gave them to you with tongs. NCL also had employees constantly cleaning hand rails and such.