room location for Allure

kunta67

Hi Everyone!! I have a couple of questions for cabin locations for our cruise on the Allure. We picked a balcony right off the aft starboard elevator bank on the 7th deck. Is this a good location? I picked the 7th deck because of the location in between the Boardwalk and Central Park.

Also with getting on/off the ship did anyone find using the elevators as cumbersome because of the number of people on board? Thanks for the help

I can't think of a reason why one location would be better than another. All cabins in the same class are virtually indistinguishable. We don't use the elevators, but did not really notice excess crowds waiting for one.

OP I think you chose a perfect location. You are right by the stairs and 1 flight down will be the Boardwalk, 2 flights down will be the a Royal Promenade, and one flight up is Central Park. Perfect! I would choose to be by the forward stairs if you are going to be making a lot of trips to/from the kids club or solarium every day. But other than that the aft stairs Deck 7 is really ideal.

Are you port or starboard side? Allure will generally dock Starboard side so if you port views from your balcony book on the Starboard side.

We loved our 7th deck aft location. Very easy to get to the Boardwalk, Royal Promenade and Central Park. Never had issues with the elevators. Do keep in mind that because of the Boardwalk signage, you can't get from the 7th deck starboard side if using the port side elevators in the aft.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our choice was 8th this last round on the Allure. It was a perfect location as we love Central Park and Vintages. We were on the Oasis deck 10 a few years back and did not care for it as we found ourselves going down all the time for most things we liked to do.

Have fun!:p

Edited by Esmerelda

We loved our 7th deck aft location. Very easy to get to the Boardwalk, Royal Promenade and Central Park. Never had issues with the elevators. Do keep in mind that because of the Boardwalk signage, you can't get from the 7th deck starboard side if using the port side elevators in the aft.

Would you just go to the 6th or 8th floor and then walk up to your room? Or would you just be concious to use the starboard side elevators?

Our choice was 8th this last round on the Allure. It was a perfect location as we love Central Park and Vintages. We were on the Oasis deck 10 a few years back and did not care for it as we found ourselves going down all the time for most things we liked to do.

Have fun!:p

That's what I figured, we'll spend either a lot of time at Central park, The Boardwalk, Entertainment Place, or the Pool.

Would you just go to the 6th or 8th floor and then walk up to your room? Or would you just be concious to use the starboard side elevators?

We would always make a very conscious effort to board the port side elevators if we were using the aft bank of elevators. A couple of times we'd forget and take the other side, in which case we'd go up one deck, walk across and then back down, but overall it was a minor nuisance to deal with.