Inter Island Boat Service Red Hook to Jost Van Dyke

elbaseball212

Was wondering if anyone has used Inter Island Boat Services to get to jost? We will be in st thomas on the carnival valor in may but are not too sure about the times. According to the itinerary…

We should disembark at 7am, then we would need to get a cab from charlotte amalie to red hook, then the boat leaves red hook at 8am, 30 minute boat ride to st john, then another 45 to great harbor jost van dyke.

Then on the way back the boat leaves Jost at 4pm, 30 min boat ride back to red hook, then cab back to charlotte amalie, then the valor leaves at 5pm. is this even doable? sounds a little close on times.

It seems to be the cheapest, $70 round trip

0a7dbc_f80c089ebf1b46f3a510179e0d738ade.jpg_srz_685_386_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Edited by elbaseball212

You are correct, unfortunately there is no way you would make it back to the ship.

It is not really an issue of being close on time. This is completely not possible. There is no way to be back aboard your ship in time for sailing.

Ah damn. Any recommendations for other ferries leaving the island earlier?

Then on the way back the boat leaves Jost at 4pm, 30 min boat ride back to red hook, then cab back to charlotte amalie, then the valor leaves at 5pm. is this even doable? sounds a little close on times.

Also you are leaving out the part where the ferry goes from Jost to Cruz Bay for customs and immigration before returning to Red Hook. :(

Also contact Dolphin Shuttle, they leave the East End at 9 and depart White Bay at 4 but they may be able to adjust their return time depending on your group size, etc.

http://www.dolphinshuttle.com/jostvandyke.html

Just got a quote from them of $195 per person. This is looking more and more impossible now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I love JVD, and I made it a point to get there when in ST Thomas. There are several power boats ( not sailboats) that do it all the time. Nate's tours and Vilocity are two, but there are others. You can find them and great reviews on tripadvisor.

The part that you need to do to make it finacially work is have 5 people or more. I did the research, and then put it on CruiseCritic under the roll call for my sailing. I quickly found 2 other couples to make it a $135 option.

That's not cheap, but the British Virgin Islands are amazing, and also it's a private tour with just the people cruising with you.

Good luck

I love JVD, and I made it a point to get there when in ST Thomas. There are several power boats ( not sailboats) that do it all the time. Nate's tours and Vilocity are two, but there are others. You can find them and great reviews on tripadvisor.

The part that you need to do to make it finacially work is have 5 people or more. I did the research, and then put it on CruiseCritic under the roll call for my sailing. I quickly found 2 other couples to make it a $135 option.

That's not cheap, but the British Virgin Islands are amazing, and also it's a private tour with just the people cruising with you.

Good luck

I appreciate the help! Do you mind me asking who you used?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app