Excursion in Falmouth. Need info RC won't give me

molly5673

Anyone know how runs the champagne catamaran Caribbean sail away excursion in Falmouth? I want to ask if the capt of the catamaran can renew vowels. RC won't tell me and referred me to the wedding dept. I don't want all that. Just a simple no bells and whistles renewel.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ovrille99 is right -

We find that often the excursion boats ( either the ship’s or private) are run (captained) by ordinary folks in the tourism industry. One may be willing to read some sort of message (you write) to you to have a short private ceremony. It will have no legal or religious authenticity.

Just a side note and perhaps off topic, we renewed our vows privately a few years ago onboard a ship. On a sea morning we went to the quiet helipad and recited passages we each wrote. Naturally, it had no legal or religious significance but it meant a lot to us.

good luck

M

Anyone know how runs the champagne catamaran Caribbean sail away excursion in Falmouth? I want to ask if the capt of the catamaran can renew vowels. RC won't tell me and referred me to the wedding dept. I don't want all that. Just a simple no bells and whistles renewel.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think the simple answer is this. The Captain does not work for RCCL, and is hired by the tour company. While the Captain is on the boat, he is working. They don't exactly have a big crew. It could be a differenet captain every day. That is why, when you call RCCL, they will only answer questions about the ship. Off the ship, you are on your own to make arrangements.

Then it may not matter who does the “officiating”.

Most, if not all, the tours are subcontracted out to local tour companies and often the cruise line would have no way to know who a tour company is going to assign to a particular excursion boat that day. Your best bet, once on board the excursion, may be to ask one of the crew to “officiate” a short ceremony

It is not a case that RCCL "won't" give you the answer, they have no way of knowing the answer.

Good luck

M

Just a side note and perhaps off topic, we renewed our vows privately a few years ago onboard a ship. On a sea morning we went to the quiet helipad and recited passages we each wrote. Naturally, it had no legal or religious significance but it meant a lot to us.

good luck

M

That is so romantic-I love that!