Kuerig?

GrammyKati

I'm not sure but I don't see why not as it only operates for a short time and then shuts itself off. We always travel on land with our mini Keurig but that seems like a lot to drag along on a cruise, especially if you have to fly to your port.

If the auto shut-off malfunctions (and they do) it could cause a fire.

I am sure in the interest of safety k-cups are a no-can-do.

BTW, I always unplug my coffee maker at home when finished.

Steve

We all know where appliances like this are made and most consumers comment regularly on what junk most of it is and most of these comments about it are because it breaks and malfunctions much sooner than we think it should considering we are in the 21st century. Enough said.

Terry

We all know where appliances like this are made and most consumers comment regularly on what junk most of it is and most of these comments about it are because it breaks and malfunctions much sooner than we think it should considering we are in the 21st century. Enough said.

Terry

Have had one for two years now. Love it and have had not one problem with it. Had a mini at work and had not one problem with it. So I guess my junk is doing what it was designed to do. Can you tell us when it should break down?

I always bring single serving packs of Folgers Instant coffee. A cup of hot water snd I'm ready to go. Please there is always the International Cafe on many of the shops. No need to drink coffee from syrup.

Edited by Potstech

Can you tell us when it should break down?

Unpredictable! When you least expect it?

You are missing the point. I took a brand new four outlet power bar on the last cruise. Removed it from the package on board. About two weeks into the cruise, arriving back to our room I smell burnt plastic in the hall. Our door is open and three crew members are in there unplugging the power bar. It had melted after being just fine for two weeks with nothing but a cell phone plugged into it. And a power bar has no heaters in it. Point is, stuff can happen and anything that uses considerably more current (heaters or motors inside) than what chargers use is increasing the chances considerably of something going wrong.

Terry

Thanks for all of your replies, I will have to "like" coffee syrup again. Oh well not a biggie as I will be having fun!:)

I was on the Coral Princess in December . I thought the coffee in the Horizon Court and MDR was much better than usual. I not only had hot coffee but made iced coffee also.

Sali

Did not miss the point at all. We were discussing keurig and you insinuated they were junk. Sorty you had a problem with your outlets. I alwsys take one of those too and never had a problem with it either. Nnope no point missed.

I brought a single cup regular coffee maker without a hot plate with me and it was not a problem at all. It would be the same for the mini Keurig. No hot plate, makes one cup and shuts off automatically. If I had one, I would bring it too!