Wine flight question

bye-seaya

Does anyone know if you can order a wine flight, beer flight or any alcohol flight using the premium drink package and pay the difference?

For example - if there is a wine wine flight offering of Spanish wines for $15 - could you purchase with the premium package and pay the price difference?

Looking for input from experienced cruisers who have actually done this.

Can't wait to cruise this April and have fun trying out the premium package! Thanks for your insights!!!:)

Interesting question. I've read reviews where the passengers have effectively gotten something similar from a good sommelier. In other words ordering individual glasses of wine. Don't guess you'd get them all at once though.

Edited by Tommy3putts

Interesting question. I've read reviews where the passengers have effectively gotten something similar from a good sommelier. In other words ordering individual glasses of wine. Don't guess you'd get them all at once though.

Hi Tom - Thanks - I think it is kind of puzzling too.

The flights I am wondering about are on the bar menus for the Wine Cellar and I think Michaels for the beer flights. They are usually offered on specific nights as a special offering.

With the alcohol packages - you can only order one drink at a time. Just not sure if flights were included....

It will be interesting to see if anyone out there has purchased these with the drink pkg or not. :)

I don't know about wine flights. I've only heard of martini flights.

Now, there's an Around The World wine tasting, usually held on the first sea day, where they have around 6 stations with a white & red from different regions of the world. It costs around $20 plus gratuity. Don't think you can use your premium package to supplement the cost, i.e. pay the difference.

On Infinity, we had to pay full price for the martini flights. I specifically asked if I could pay the difference and was told no. The carafes of wine in the buffet were also extra.

Yet, I've seen recent posts which contradict your experience in both of these situations. :confused:

I've had both experiences with the martini and Wine flights. Sometimes yes, Sometimes no. But as the wine flights sometimes use wines not available by the glass, I have asked for just one glass of something covered in the flight and gotten that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I had the Martini Flight in the Ice Bar on Eclipse last July and just paid the difference - no problem at all. In fact the barman did a double flight and poured 12 martinis at once - quite a spectacle! We are back on the same ship this June and have challenged him to do 18! We gave most of them away by the way!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and experiences.

Come April I will check it out when on board and post what my experience is. :p

It sounds like it is pretty much at the discretion of the individual ship personnel based on that moment in time.

But general rule of thumb would be - no, flights can not be bought with the premium package. I'm guessing the reason is that these are a form of "edu-tainment" rather than purely refreshments/libations that cruisers can option to purchase much like other daily ship events.

This board is great with lots of great info - thanks all for your input!