traveling with unrelated minor

I searched for this answer before posting but didn't find anything.

We are traveling on ExOS in June, the group is me, DH, DD, DS and my parents. My kids are each taking a friend, since DDs friend is 23 he isn't an issue but DSs friend is 17 so I need the Consent to Travel letter, my question is do both mine and DHs name and my parents names get listed or just DH and I because they are "technically" traveling with us?

Thanks!

I searched for this answer before posting but didn't find anything.

We are traveling on ExOS in June, the group is me, DH, DD, DS and my parents. My kids are each taking a friend, since DDs friend is 23 he isn't an issue but DSs friend is 17 so I need the Consent to Travel letter, my question is do both mine and DHs name and my parents names get listed or just DH and I because they are "technically" traveling with us?

Thanks!

Forgive me, I'm not clear on why you put "technically" in quotations. Would you please explain (in case that changes the answer)?

Which adult is booked into the 17 year old's cabin? Or is that cabin immediately adjacent/across the hall?

I used "technically" because we are the parents of the kids who are taking their friends, sorry if that was confusing.

The cabins are my DD (age 21) and DSs girlfriend (age 17) in a PR cabin #7591 directly across the hall from my and DH balcony cabin, #7590. And my parents are in the balcony cabin next to ours, #7588.. My DS(age 17) and DDs boyfriend (age 23)are in PR #7559.

Hope this helps and thanks for your help :)

We took two "unrelated to us" minors along on our last cruise and they were required to be booked in the same cabin as us (DH and I had seperate cabins each with one of our kid's friends booked in it and our kids were booked across the hall). The person who is booked in the cabin with the unrelated 17 year old would be whose name needs to be on documents.

It does not sound to me like your cabins have been booked according to RCCL rules. You may want to double check so as to avoid any potential problems. Of course once on board, you all sleep in whatever configuration you want.

The cruise was booked with a TA so I assumed that the cabins are correct, there is one adult in each cabin.

I have left a message for my TA and will update with her response.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

You didn't book the cabins incorrectly. You also don't need an adult in each cabin if the cabin the minor is booked in is adjoining or directly across from the responsible adult.

You and your DH need to get consent to travel/medical consent for the 17 yr old girl. Is your son across the hall or is he down the hall a ways? I wasn't sure if you typed his cabin number incorrectly. Since you are all traveling together and because he has an adult in his cabin, there shouldn't be an issue but I would verify with the cruise line. If you weren't on the ship, they would have to give a letter to the boyfriend authorizing the travel but that would be strange to require it since you are on the ship.

The answer per my TA is me and DH and also my DD since she is booked n the cabin with the 17 yo.

No my DS iust down the hall, we booked that cabin after the first three were booked and that was the closest one and was told that since that cabin has a 23yo along with my DS17 that isn't a problem.

Thanks for the tip about getting the health insurance cards, I have added it to my list/

Thanks again everyone for your help :)

Probably all you need is you and your DH, BUT it doesn't hurt to have all adults in the party covered. My boyfriend and I have cruised several times with my kids. Even though I'm on the trip, sometimes they do an excursion or whatever with just my BF, or maybe I'm ashore to pick something up and they get hurt onboard and he's the first one to get to the medical station with them....whatever. So I always have a letter from their father that states that my BF (in your case it could say you, your DH, AND your parents) has permission to take them out of the country, make medical decisions, supervise them, and sign any necessary waivers on their behalf (ex. for an excursion, rock wall, flow rider etc.) I know most likely you or your DH would always be present for these types of things, but as long as you're getting a letter signed by the minor's parents, why not include all adults in your traveling party, just in case? It doesn't require any extra time or effort. :)