LIVE from the RUBY PRINCESS Feb 1-10, 2014

bhopal21

Could you please let us know how warm the pool water is? We will be getting on Feb 10 with our kids for their first cruise and the reports have been the pool water is very chilly. Thanks

Have a fun and relaxing cruise.:)

If you get a chance, can you check to see if Landon Swank is still on the Ruby, and, if so, will he be there in April. TIA:)

Landon Swank (magician) was there last week, don't know if he will still be there in April though. We really enjoyed Phil Tag (comedian) - he did 2 completely different shows, both of which were packed.

2 questions if I may, 1.) How much is Sabatini's and is the menu different than the dining room?

Sabatini's is $25 and you can find the menu on Princess' website. It is different than the dining room.

If you were asking about dinner, cjskids gave you the answer.

If you were asking about breakfast, it is only for those staying in suites and is at no additional cost.

I have only two words to describe the bath amenities.

THEY SUCK!!

All of the previous eucalyptus product is gone from the Ruby.

Pia. Whatever you did on the FCC problem worked as we had our 4 certificates in our mail box in 30 hours.

In need of a cold cerveza at Carlos and Charlie's.

Mike

There was an interdenominational service this morning in Club Fusion.

Yes Keith it is a super day with smooth seas.

Northender, I'm sorry but I don't know Landon Swank is he a crew member?

Mike:)

YVR answered my question. But FYI he is an entertainer (magician):)

If you were asking about dinner, cjskids gave you the answer.

If you were asking about breakfast, it is only for those staying in suites and is at no additional cost.

Thanks Caribill: I was asking about Breakfast, so I guess I can enjoy my breakfast on my Balcony, no worries there ...

Will be dining at the Crown Grill, though, for dinner, on our 30th Anniversary ! Can't wait.

We were so excited last night. Decided to book the Feb 10th sailing. Checked again this morning and the prices for a balcony had gone up 300 pp.

Soooo.... Plan B. Keep reading this thread and pretending I'm on board.

-a

I have only two words to describe the bath amenities.

THEY SUCK!!

All of the previous eucalyptus product is gone from the Ruby.

Pia. Whatever you did on the FCC problem worked as we had our 4 certificates in our mail box in 30 hours.

In need of a cold cerveza at Carlos and Charlie's.

Mike

Mike;

They definitely not what they use to be.....:(:(:(

Bob

We were on the January 27th Sailing of the Ruby...pool water was a little brisk but we went swimming every day. It was very refreshing. Hot tubs on the other hand made us feel like we were lobsters in a pot.

All in all a very relaxing cruise.;)

thank you for this. Sailing ruby on a short cruise in March.

Trying to decide on Crown Grill with my 85 year old dad. who loves LOBSTER

Take him for the lobsters, they were amazing all the nights we had them a couple of weeks ago. We sat at the booking bar 3 times and it was something to watch them cook the lobsters. Only took a couple of minutes and they were done.

Take him for the lobsters, they were amazing all the nights we had them a couple of weeks ago. We sat at the booking bar 3 times and it was something to watch them cook the lobsters. Only took a couple of minutes and they were done.

Did you request the cooking bar when you booked, we will be onboard in 2 weeks and if we go to CG sitting at the bar will be different as we have always had tables:D

Did you request the cooking bar when you booked, we will be onboard in 2 weeks and if we go to CG sitting at the bar will be different as we have always had tables:D

a cooking bar? what is that?

The bar seats are right in front of the kitchen cooking area. They are first come first served. ;)

Thanks, are they requested much cause wouldn't that be tough to talk if you are a group?

Going to see about going and sitting there for our 21st anniv on the 21st:D

It would be a little hard with a big group. I usually just see people getting drinks there before going to a table. At least thats what we do.

It would be good to eat there though I think. :)

Internet service has been nothing short of horrible on this cruise.

We went to see Landon Swank's magic show last night and it was just so-so, nothing special by any means.

Susie, the M&G was a non event as the person who organized it evidently didn't show up as it turned out to just be about 20 or so people milling around for about 45 minutes. Nothing was said, no announcements made and of course not one ship's office showed up. With that being said we did meet some nice folks.

Andrew, Froderick actually was our server this morning for breakfast at Sabatini's and I told him that he was a rock star on Cruise Critic. lol He was so modest. We are dining with him at the Crown Grill on Thursday evening.

And the pools, not good news. I asked 5 people today and they all said they were like ice baths. There is almost no one in the water.

Mike

Checked prices again this morning and they had dropped so I booked the Feb 10th sailing. All before 8am. We will be waving to you in passing.

Hope you all are having fun. Enjoying reading along.

-a

Internet service has been nothing short of horrible on this cruise.

We went to see Landon Swank's magic show last night and it was just so-so, nothing special by any means.

Susie, the M&G was a non event as the person who organized it evidently didn't show up as it turned out to just be about 20 or so people milling around for about 45 minutes. Nothing was said, no announcements made and of course not one ship's office showed up. With that being said we did meet some nice folks.

Andrew, Froderick actually was our server this morning for breakfast at Sabatini's and I told him that he was a rock star on Cruise Critic. lol He was so modest. We are dining with him at the Crown Grill on Thursday evening.

And the pools, not good news. I asked 5 people today and they all said they were like ice baths. There is almost no one in the water.

Mike

I will keep that in mind about Landon. :rolleyes:

Have a Mimosa for Moi! :D

Stalking your thread, on the Ruby March 1-6, Carolina Panthers Fan Cruise. Sailing in a mini suite, does that have perks? Where is this cooking bar you speak of? Bath amenities crappy - bring my own stuff? Decent running track on board? Any other tips will read along! Can't wait!!!