Corfu or Santorini Tour

cleobella

Hi All,

I am trying to decide whether to do a tour in Santorini or Corfu. If we do a ship or private tour on one island then we will DIY the other.

Which island would be better seen with a tour and which is better for DIY? Any recommendations for reasonable private tours or good ship tours (NCL) ? Thanks for the input.

I've been researching both ports for our upcoming NCL cruise

there are boats from the tender pier at Santorini which take you to Oia [village further away on the coast]then you get a bus back to Fira [top of cliff]where get cable car back down to dock-20 euros each.

Alternatively you can get up to Fira by cable car,donkey or walk

so really a DIY place apart from transport costs

Corfu am looking at Corfu taxi tours to get a good overview of the island.

very rarely do ships tours-usually check out what they offer then see if can find private tour to cover same

Thanks for the advice. We usually arrange shared private tours too but I am hearing that if you sign up for a ships tour you get off the boat faster and have less crowds to deal with getting into Oia. I think we will go with Corfu taxi and then then use the boat transfer to DIY Santorini.

Thanks for the advice. We usually arrange shared private tours too but I am hearing that if you sign up for a ships tour you get off the boat faster and have less crowds to deal with getting into Oia. I think we will go with Corfu taxi and then then use the boat transfer to DIY Santorini.

from what I've read the ships tours tender to a separate port from where the coaches can drive up the steep slope to the top

the "usual" tender takes to where transport to top is via cable car donkey or foot or as previously mentioned local boats to Oia