Dream or Legend?

MzMelissa26

I don't know what a French door cabin is?

Been on the Dream and Legend. We much preferred the Dream. We had a really nice time. In contrast, our Legend cruise was our worst cruise. Nothing seemed to come together right for us on that cruise.

We thought the food was better. We found there were more outdoor areas which made us feel more at sea. The aft pool, serenity and lanai. There were also more options other than the buffet. The upstairs pasta bar, the deli and tandoor grill etc. We thought the Dream was easier to navigate as well. The Legend seemed to have more dead ends. Can't honestly remember the entertainment on the Legend so can't compare those. The decor on the Dream was a little better. The MDR was nicer and their weren't as many singing/dancing waiters to annoy us. Our 2 cruises were like night and day.

Maybe it was the time of year but we found the dream more relaxing. There was a very rowdy crowd on our Legend cruise which spoiled it for us as well.

Good luck.

I'm anxious to see the replies for this one. We've done both and I like the Dream hands down better.

So much more to do and see. Loved the shows on the Dream and the Blackjack Band who played in the Ocean Plaza area.

I did enjoy the Legend because it was smaller and crowds were less but I'd pick the Dream over the Legend anytime.

Just a matter of preference I guess.

The decision should be based 20% on which ship class is better, and 80% on which room is better. No matter how you cut it, I'd take a French door cabin on a row boat before I'd take an inside cabin on ANY ship. This thread opens the age-old argument of Legend class vs Dream class, but the bigger issue is the differences in the rooms. If the price is anywhere near the same, take the view.

I'm anxious to see the replies for this one. We've done both and I like the Dream hands down better.

So much more to do and see. Loved the shows on the Dream and the Blackjack Band who played in the Ocean Plaza area.

I did enjoy the Legend because it was smaller and crowds were less but I'd pick the Dream over the Legend anytime.

Just a matter of preference I guess.

I can't agree with you more. We loved the Dream hands down better too.

I'm definitely liking the newer ship but I've read that the crowds are bigger which means longer lines etc.

When do you plan on sailing? The bigger ship doesn't always mean it's more crowded. We found our mid May Legend sailing more crowded than our end of September Dream one. Time of year has a lot to do with it as we'll.

The decision should be based 20% on which ship class is better, and 80% on which room is better. No matter how you cut it, I'd take a French door cabin on a row boat before I'd take an inside cabin on ANY ship. This thread opens the age-old argument of Legend class vs Dream class, but the bigger issue is the differences in the rooms. If the price is anywhere near the same, take the view.

Lol that's kinda how I was feeling. I did look through previous pages for such thread, but after like page 16 my ADHD kicked in and I couldn't take it no more lol... But yeah, I don't know if I could do an inside.... never had one..... always OV... and I'm slightly claustrophobic... It's been awhile since I've cruised .....and I wish Legend had a seaside theater...

Never been on the dream but the Legend is simply wonderful!

Dont forget that the legend will have had her upgrades when you sail as shes going for drydock next month. She will get green thunder slide and waterworks, sushi bar, hasbro shows, cherry on top, red frog pub and a rumoured updated serenity area.

We had a french door cabin between lifeboats and it was like a superior OV as we opened the door and had a view all the time.

If you look at the deck plans these cabins are easy to see as they have the outer rectangle net to them.

Lol that's kinda how I was feeling. I did look through previous pages for such thread, but after like page 16 my ADHD kicked in and I couldn't take it no more lol... But yeah, I don't know if I could do an inside.... never had one..... always OV... and I'm slightly claustrophobic... It's been awhile since I've cruised .....and I wish Legend had a seaside theater...

I too am slightly claustrophobic and would NEVER do an inside room for that fact. I need some light to appease the phobia other wise I would be a crazy woman. The French doors are great as you get air and light but pay less. I am older and not crazy about the bigger ships but Legend is dry docking in a week and will come back out with green thunder that I think your son would enjoy. There is a post a just a bit ago on CC that they made a spreadsheet telling you all about all the boats and what they have AT THIS TIME not including dry dock maybe look a that as well and compare either way YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST!

We have been on the Legend 6 times and the Dream 2. We much prefer the Legend. It seems much less crowded and the crew seems to be "friendlier." Not that the crew on the Dream wasn't friendly, just more so in a professional rather than personal sort of way.

That being said, how old is your son? Would he enjoy the superior water park on the Dream, or the Hasbro show? We don't travel with children so never take things like that into account.

I would also think the French doors to provide sunlight and a little fresh air would be a plus. I too am a bit claustrophobic so an inside room and the anxiety that goes with it are out. If it's your son's first cruise, he is going to enjoy it regardless.

Also, March 29 is getting too close to spring break so either ship is liable to be crowded. I would pick the less crowded of the two. I never experienced lines for anything on the Legend with exception of short waits for anytime dining. On the Dream, there always seemed to be lines for everything, and forget about the comedy shows unless you want to wait an hour before the show starts to secure a place in the lounge. We usually sail in the spring pre or post spring break and in September or October after school starts so in all honesty cannot tell you what the crowds will be like on either ship at the end of March.

I haven't been on the Dream so I can't comment on that, but I had my first inside cabin last May and I will never sail in an inside again. I will only book OV or BAL cabins. I loved the smaller ships because there are fewer people. I enjoyed the Legend much more than the Liberty, but that's just me. I cruise for the ports, not the ship or its amenities.

Been on both....Legend twice, Dream once.

Love the 3 pools on Legend vs only 2 on Dream

Love the aft-pool on Legend being ADULTS ONLY & Serenity vs NOT on Dream

Love the Dining room being in the back of the ship on Legend vs running into a dead end on a deck by the mid-ship dining room and have to go up a deck to get around it. Stupid design.

Love sailing under the Skyway bridge....except when we had fog and the port was closed on the way back into port and we were delayed 12 hours!

Love the waterslides on Dream

Love the pasta restaurant on Dream

Love the Salad made to order station on Dream

Love the crew on both

Love the food on both

found it easier to fly into & sail out of Tampa vs fly into Orlando and get a shuttle or rental car for the 45-minute drive to Cape Canaveral

all that said, we prefer Legend hands down to Dream...but have a great time on either.

We had that same choice a couple years ago and by my signature you can see we picked the legend. She was an awesome ship and I would sail her again in a heartbeat! We chose the legend as we were going more peak spring break time and everything I read said it had a less crowded feel. We loved the size! Good luck and have fun whatever you choose!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Never been on the dream but the Legend is simply wonderful!

Dont forget that the legend will have had her upgrades when you sail as shes going for drydock next month. She will get green thunder slide and waterworks, sushi bar, hasbro shows, cherry on top, red frog pub and a rumoured updated serenity area.

We had a french door cabin between lifeboats and it was like a superior OV as we opened the door and had a view all the time.

If you look at the deck plans these cabins are easy to see as they have the outer rectangle net to them.

Can I ask, with these cabins do you get many staff walking past during the morning/day?