sitting on CB

IDKaren

Until that happens, Princess should take on some supplementary liquor and wine from Texas and keep the customers happier.

There are Houston breweries, in fact, that craft some really good beers. If those were offered, I would order beer on board. The Bud and XX they offer do not interest me. I pointed this out to the F&B Manager on our ship's tour (and the fact they offer local brews on Alaska cruises); he was sympathetic but passed it off as a home-office decision.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

I agree. Saint Arnold's would sell quite well IMHO. Maybe they will consider if they choose to stay in Bayport past the initial contract.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I was raised in another state up north so when I moved to Texas it was somewhat of a shock on their liquor laws. Luckily it was in south Texas where the concept of dry counties did not exist. Texas has the three tier model which is intensely protected by the distributors. Companies that make alcohol have to sell to a distributor who then sells to the retail outlets with their small (!) markup of course. I agree that Texas needs to update their liquor laws which they are doing at a snail's pace.

It was good to hear the Caribbean Princess had set sail early this afternoon. Looks like they have replaced Roatan with Costa Maya on the Mexican coast. I have been to both. Costa Maya is a manufactured port by the cruise lines so the prices are high and there are the inevitable diamond stores. They do have a really neat fresh water very large pool with a swim up bar however. Just outside the compound is the Mexican town Majahaul which is rather nice but small. We go there when visiting Costa Maya. They have reasonable taxis available or you can walk.