Ultimate Dining

larryvel

I'm a little confused about the ultimate dining experience.

Can you eat at the same restaurant more than once. for example can you eat at Cagney''s on day 1 and 4 for dinner. Or do you need to eat at the seven different restaurants only once.

what i would like to know is if anyone has eaten and early dinner in let's say cagney's and then felt like a desert later on and went to le bistro - possible? anyone done that? would you tip just to go in to eat a cake?

what i would like to know is if anyone has eaten and early dinner in let's say cagney's and then felt like a desert later on and went to le bistro - possible? anyone done that? would you tip just to go in to eat a cake?

Yes, you can eat at multiple restaurants the same day. Apps at one, dinner at another and dessert at the third.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Eating at more than one alternative dining resto in one night is great.. but I assume lunch is not included for any specialty restaurants that is open for lunch.

I am wondering what if for specialty restaurants that allows only 1 main course like the streakhouses.. is it allowed that you eat a main course in the early dinner, then came back late night to eat another main course?

I'm seriously thinking about this for my 14 day B2B Alaska cruise in NCL Sun since it is $199 for the entire cruise... it might help to relieve the routine boredom since on the 2nd week of the cruise, the shows and the MDR might get repetitive already.

Might substitute it in place of 1 shore excursion..

But is the lineup of alternative dining restaurants in the Sun worth it? Is it as good as Epic or Breakaway? The steakhouse is East meets West instead of Cagneys...

Edited by roquejo

Eating at more than one alternative dining resto in one night is great.. but I assume lunch is not included for any specialty restaurants that is open for lunch.

I am wondering what if for specialty restaurants that allows only 1 main course like the streakhouses.. is it allowed that you eat a main course in the early dinner, then came back late night to eat another main course?

I'm seriously thinking about this for my 14 day B2B Alaska cruise in NCL Sun since it is $199 for the entire cruise... it might help to relieve the routine boredom since on the 2nd week of the cruise, the shows and the MDR might get repetitive already.

Might substitute it in place of 1 shore excursion..

But is the lineup of alternative dining restaurants in the Sun worth it? Is it as good as Epic or Breakaway? The steakhouse is East meets West instead of Cagneys...

The restaurants on the SUN are lovely, Il Adagio is beautiful!! East Meets West is the same as Cagney's and will have basically the same menu. Le Bistro and Moderno are both there so you won't have a problem using the UDP. Since there is no assigned dining times, yes you can go early when the restaurant opens to eat and go back (IF THERE IS SPACE AVAILABLE) to get another meal if you choose.

I've been away too long...How much is the UDP per day? And does everyone in the cabin have to buy it (similar to the UBP)?

Does it really include ALL dining establishments? What about the Chef's Table and the anytime pizza?

If I could alternate eating at Le Bistro and Cagney's the entire cruise, I'd be thrilled!

I've been away too long...How much is the UDP per day? And does everyone in the cabin have to buy it (similar to the UBP)?

Does it really include ALL dining establishments? What about the Chef's Table and the anytime pizza?

If I could alternate eating at Le Bistro and Cagney's the entire cruise, I'd be thrilled!

See link for UDP FAQs:

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

The cost varies by length of cruise.

3- to 6-night sailings: $59pp

7-night sailings: $119pp

8- to 10-night sailings: $149pp

Everyone in a cabin does NOT have to buy the package. Doesn't include Chef's Table, although it's possible it would receive a 20% discount. I'm pretty sure the anytime pizza is not covered since room service is not included. All specialty restaurants are included except for Ocean Blue (20% discount offered) and the a la carte restaurants (also 20% discount).

You could definitely alternate between Le Bistro and Cagney's for the entire cruise.

Edited by johnql

See link for UDP FAQs:

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

The cost varies by length of cruise.

3- to 6-night sailings: $59pp

7-night sailings: $119pp

8- to 10-night sailings: $149pp

Everyone in a cabin does NOT have to buy the package. Doesn't include Chef's Table, although it's possible it would receive a 20% discount. I'm pretty sure the anytime pizza is not covered since room service is not included. All specialty restaurants are included except for Ocean Blue (20% discount offered) and the a la carte restaurants (also 20% discount).

You could definitely alternate between Le Bistro and Cagney's for the entire cruise.

For our 10 nighter the price is $199. Would love if it was $149. I was sure I had seen the breakdown by cruise length posted, but now I can't find it. Anyone have the link? Maybe they are updating to $149! Fingers crossed

For our 10 nighter the price is $199. Would love if it was $149. I was sure I had seen the breakdown by cruise length posted, but now I can't find it. Anyone have the link? Maybe they are updating to $149! Fingers crossed

Odd. For some reason, both prices are quoted in the CC article. See link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5680

Now, I'm not sure what the correct price is for a 10-nighter. I'm guessing it's $199 but I'm not certain.

The restaurants on the SUN are lovely, Il Adagio is beautiful!! East Meets West is the same as Cagney's and will have basically the same menu. Le Bistro and Moderno are both there so you won't have a problem using the UDP. Since there is no assigned dining times, yes you can go early when the restaurant opens to eat and go back (IF THERE IS SPACE AVAILABLE) to get another meal if you choose.

Thanks.. do Ginza still have the option to have unlimited standard sushis for one set price like $15? Or it is already all ala cart.. I love sushi but the website said it is only Ala Cart.. if that is the case, the UDP will only give 20% off..

I loved it with when NCL used to serve sushi unlimited for one set price.

And another foodie question is I read the menu of both East meets West and Le Bistro.. do East Meets West serve Alaskan King Crab legs during Alaska sailings...

and do Le Bistro serve Foie Gras which is a french delicacy.. and if they do, is it included in the surcharge.. or you have to pay extra on top of the usual surcharge like their other special French dishes..

does make sense to me why some dishes at Le Bistro you sill have to pay more.. while on the steakhouses, you can order any of the premium dishes after you paid the $30 surcharge

I'm no expert but I did call on this and I was told it's use as you will, your choice. I don't like the new buy all for the higher price. I eat off ship sometimes. They had a buy 3 last year. I'm wrestling with the upgrade purchase myself.

We were just on the gem 9 day and the price would have been $149/person with both not required to join. At about 16.67 per person a day a very nice deal ,but the first nite we take advantage of lobster nite so $18.62 per nite. However we are platinum lat. Members so the price is $25/person not a good deal.on further reading of the plan if its on the menu its included so we could of had lobster at cagneys or la bistro.

On our october 28 jade cruise the cost is $300/per or $10.71/per meal .i have paid for this before they take a second look. At that type of price we can ignore the 6 free la bistro meals .

This is a interesting promotion since its great for anyone wo is not platinum.ncl should allow a choice with the meal voucher of using them or an equal onboard credit which could be used to lower the cost of the meal plan or whatever.

It shows a lack of thinking ahead that a plan is great for anyone who likes beter food on vacation is bad for those that ncl values

the most.

I did call ncl for this before my jan 20th cruise and they didnot respond. Onboard they did give us a freebe but we did't use the plan.

Ed

there is a free childrens menu. There is a reduced price for little one who order off the specialty menu over 2 years, but I wonder if they would really charge for an 18 month old.I just read about that last night on the sales pages concerning dining.

Just did the maths. We are on 21 day med cruise in March. The UDP is aud$239 per person = aud$11.95 a night. Even if we assume captains table one night and butler assisted lobster on balcony first night we still come out way way ahead:)