Ft Lauderdale hotels

glitteryone

Any recommendations for hotels near the cruise terminal in Ft. Lauderdale? We will be arriving the night before our cruise and I am looking for a CLEAN hotel!

Crowne Plaza located next to the port entrance, stayed there twice and spot on.

You can book your travel to the ship and then back to the airport with the guy in reception. Good value.

We aways stay at Roadway inn cruiseprt. They pick you up at the airport and take you o the cruiseprt all free of charge. Free breakfast in the morning , a nice pool and good sports bar. Izzy the manager runs the shuttle and get everyone off to the ship . What I really love about this hotel s that 97% of the people staying there are going on a cruise, everyone s friendly and happy. Rooms are nothing special but very clean. The cruise port is very close to the hotel.

Edited by Midwestgal

quick question for those that stayed at EMBASSY SUITES--we booked there for next month (we are big embassy fans, especially with two teenage boys!) anyway I was wondering if there is a hotel subtle from the Airport to the hotel or do we have to cab it? and if so is it far or how much roughly was it?

thanks for the help!

quick question for those that stayed at EMBASSY SUITES--we booked there for next month (we are big embassy fans, especially with two teenage boys!) anyway I was wondering if there is a hotel subtle from the Airport to the hotel or do we have to cab it? and if so is it far or how much roughly was it?

thanks for the help!

The hotel does offer a shuttle, but you do have to pay for it. The Embassy is super close to the airport, so we have always taken a cab. The cab was 15 plus tip for 2 people. There were a ton of cabs waiting to take you right away. I hate waiting for a shuttle.

They also offer a shuttle to the port for 7/8 a person. We love the Embassy. Ask for a room on the east side of the building. You can see the ships in the morning before you head to the port.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I just noticed we are on the Allure on March 16, it sure is approaching fast. Now just wish we could get some warmer weather now!!!

Yes! I'm signed up on the roll call.

This is my 2nd time on the Allure and I see it is your 3rd. It really is an amazing adventure.

• 1 month later...
Anyone stay at Ocean Sky Hotel And Resort ?

Yes, we stayed there in early January for two nights pre-cruise. It's close to Lauderdale by the Sea, a couple of great restaurants like Nick's and the Greek Islands and of course it is on the beach. However the hotel is very dated, not very clean and while our impression was that while it was great for families it was not a place we would care to stay again. Our cab fare from FLL was about $60 and the shuttle to Port Everglades was $35 for two of us. Next year we will bite the bullet and stay in the 17th St. corridor like we normally do.

Yes, we stayed there in early January for two nights pre-cruise. It's close to Lauderdale by the Sea, a couple of great restaurants like Nick's and the Greek Islands and of course it is on the beach. However the hotel is very dated, not very clean and while our impression was that while it was great for families it was not a place we would care to stay again. Our cab fare from FLL was about $60 and the shuttle to Port Everglades was $35 for two of us. Next year we will bite the bullet and stay in the 17th St. corridor like we normally do.

I agree with Putter, we stayed Feb 13th, and any savings I may have gotten by going through Priceline gets eaten up by the cab fare. Hotel is sideways so your room faces buildings rather than the ocean.

You must have hit a lot of traffic or an extra long drawbridge. Cabfare is usually less than that from FLL to Ocean Sky, closer to $40.

You must have hit a lot of traffic or an extra long drawbridge. Cabfare is usually less than that from FLL to Ocean Sky, closer to $40.

Friday afternoon traffic....it was a nightmare watching that meter spin. The fare was about $55 at with tip it was over $60. I later inquired at the desk and was told that type of fare was pretty normal.

Friday afternoon traffic....it was a nightmare watching that meter spin. The fare was about $55 at with tip it was over $60. I later inquired at the desk and was told that type of fare was pretty normal.

Did they drive down 17th St to A1A? That is always backed up on winter afternoons. I would drive north on US1 to E Oakland Park Blvd, then north on A1A.

Did they drive down 17th St to A1A? That is always backed up on winter afternoons. I would drive north on US1 to E Oakland Park Blvd, then north on A1A.

I don't recall how we got on AIA but we got on it and it was him bumper to bumper then from the exit to the hotel it was equally bad. I didn't make a note of the elapsed time but I would estimate that we were a good 45 mins and likely longer.

I don't recall how we got on AIA but we got on it and it was him bumper to bumper then from the exit to the hotel it was equally bad. I didn't make a note of the elapsed time but I would estimate that we were a good 45 mins and likely longer.

Oh, it sounds like your driver took I95, as it is the only road along the way with exits. That route would be bad on Friday afternoons. In normal traffic conditions I can get from FLL to the hotel in about 30 minutes. I live 2 miles from there.

Our cab fare from FLL was about $60 and the shuttle to Port Everglades was $35 for two of us. Next year we will bite the bullet and stay in the 17th St. corridor like we normally do.
You can always get a rental car which would be much cheaper than the 95 you dropped on the cab and shuttle. We have a Ford Escape SUV reserved for only 39 including taxes, picking up at FLL and dropping off at the location near the port. We were then able to get a hotwire hotel for 125 in the plantation area and not be stuck dropping 200-250+ for something closer to the port.

You can always get a rental car which would be much cheaper than the 95 you dropped on the cab and shuttle. We have a Ford Escape SUV reserved for only 39 including taxes, picking up at FLL and dropping off at the location near the port. We were then able to get a hotwire hotel for 125 in the plantation area and not be stuck dropping 200-250+ for something closer to the port.

I am happy that that works for you but frankly I have no interest in driving in a strange city, never mind the hassle of turning in a car, dealing with a wife in a wheelchair and luggage to boot. Personally speaking when I go on vacation I am, within in reason, willing to pay the price for a decent, convenient hotel and cab fare.

I am happy that that works for you but frankly I have no interest in driving in a strange city, never mind the hassle of turning in a car, dealing with a wife in a wheelchair and luggage to boot. Personally speaking when I go on vacation I am, within in reason, willing to pay the price for a decent, convenient hotel and cab fare.
You obviously were not willing to pay the price on your last trip since you were complaining that it cost you 95.00 between your 60.00 cab fare and your 35.00 shuttle fare and all I was doing was offering a cheaper alternative that also does not lock you into staying in a higher priced hotel that is closer to the port.

Driving in a strange city is no problem in 2014.....ever hear of a thing called a GPS?

+1!! I totally agree with you. I would much rather have someone else drop me and my family off at a hotel and stay closer to the port. There are some awesome places on and near the strip. We think it's totally worth it to stay closer. Everything is right there; shopping, restaurants, even a groceries if needed. :D

Ive stayed at the Best Western "1221 Florida 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315"

Its a great location, close to some restraunts and grocery stores and liquor stores and the shuttle is 10$ a person to the cruise port. WE stayed there last may and plan on it again this next cruise

I'll second that. Well priced, clean, good breakfast, nice pool area. 3 minute walk to liquor store, grocery store, sports bar, Wendy's and a few other stores. Can't ask for more and a fair price.

For those of you who have stayed at Embassy Suites I am traveling in April with my 2 eldest sons. We haven't cruised out of Port Everglades in a while and I was hoping to find something like the JW Marriott and Bayside Marketplace when we sail out of Miami.

The Embassy Suites is near shops and restaurants and I believe it includes breakfast the next morning too.

I can get a good government rate at the Embassy Suites but am not sure if I want to pay $50 more for the shuttle from the airport and shuttle to the port. It looks like a taxi from FLL to the hotel is about $15.00 plus tip. I can't find a quote for a taxi from the hotel to the port but know its about a mile ride.

I personally hate the cruise shuttles. The pushing and rushing just drives me nuts. I am on vacation and want to relax. Any advice or experience in taking taxis and not the shuttles.

For those of you who have stayed at Embassy Suites I am traveling in April with my 2 eldest sons. We haven't cruised out of Port Everglades in a while and I was hoping to find something like the JW Marriott and Bayside Marketplace when we sail out of Miami.

The Embassy Suites is near shops and restaurants and I believe it includes breakfast the next morning too.

I can get a good government rate at the Embassy Suites but am not sure if I want to pay $50 more for the shuttle from the airport and shuttle to the port. It looks like a taxi from FLL to the hotel is about $15.00 plus tip. I can't find a quote for a taxi from the hotel to the port but know its about a mile ride.

I personally hate the cruise shuttles. The pushing and rushing just drives me nuts. I am on vacation and want to relax. Any advice or experience in taking taxis and not the shuttles.

It will cost you about $15 to the hotel and about the same to the cruise terminal. Yellow Cab 954-777-7777.