NOT Just Houston - CCL Magic fogged out of Galveston

Mekamax

Looks like CCL Magic is fogged out right now - out of Galveston. Guess the forcasters for fog for the Caribbean Princess were right - according to the news they were late leaving last night on the Carib Princess because of fog.... It is not just Houston but Galveston gets it too...

TV news channels are making a big deal of CB coming in early due to Noro, guess this is all proof that the fog excuse was real. If they didn't come in early, those folks would be sitting out somewhere worrying about not being in on time. Work, child care, pet care, etc must weigh heavy on the minds of those "stranded"/delayed. :( Get me in ahead of it any day! :)

TV news channels are making a big deal of CB coming in early due to Noro, guess this is all proof that the fog excuse was real. If they didn't come in early, those folks would be sitting out somewhere worrying about not being in on time. Work, child care, pet care, etc must weigh heavy on the minds of those "stranded"/delayed. :( Get me in ahead of it any day! :)

Learned early on that when cruising you need to plan for problems. I always allowed two or more days on each end of a cruise vacation for these kinds of problems.

Now that I am retired I really don't give a whoop-de-do if my cruise is late getting back to home port.

Learned early on that when cruising you need to plan for problems. I always allowed two or more days on each end of a cruise vacation for these kinds of problems.

Now that I am retired I really don't give a whoop-de-do if my cruise is late getting back to home port.

Another 18 months before we're at that point! :)

Absolutely Galveston has fog problems too - I know! Our ship was delayed getting into port for many hours as we waited to embark last January.

I watched your cruise intently, since we were booked on her (the KP) for Spring Break. Followed on the cams and here on CC.

Fog became less and less an issue as the weather warmed up over February. We had no delay on either end in March.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Nice being retired and not having to worry about your job or getting home on time. As my retired friend told me as I submitted my retirement papers, everyday is Sunday! When we do not drive to the port, we always schedule the return flight the next day. We have always arrived the day before the cruise to get in the mood.