Flights after cruise

dorisg55

Sorry if this question was asked before but I can't seem to find the search tool. What is the earliest flight out of Orlando should we book on our return? We are on the Dream Dec. 1, 2014 and returning on the 5th (Friday). We are going to be renting a car. There will be 3 of us, me, dh and granddaughter age 3 if that makes a difference in clearing customs.

Thanks,

Doris

Sorry if this question was asked before but I can't seem to find the search tool. What is the earliest flight out of Orlando should we book on our return? We are on the Dream Dec. 1, 2014 and returning on the 5th (Friday). We are going to be renting a car. There will be 3 of us, me, dh and granddaughter age 3 if that makes a difference in clearing customs.

Thanks,

Doris

DCL recommends flights after 11:30 for best connection.

DCL used to recommend that you not fly before 12:00. I don't know whether that has changed per above post. If you have a flight before 11:30, you wouldn't be allowed to use on board check in (not that you were planning to, but gives you an example of DCL rules). ABSOLUTELY do not book anything before 11. Yes, I've been at MCO by 9, but don't count on it. Since you are renting a car, you'll need time to go to the shuttle pick up place, ride the shuttle to the car rental outlet, and pick up your car....that will add at least 30 minutes.

I don't know what airline you are on, but personal opinion here. IF you are on a participating airline, the cost of the DCL transfers is well worth the convenience of the on board check in (you have to use DCL transfers one way to do on board check in). This means you leave your luggage with appropriate tags outside your door on the last night and don't see it till your home airport. In addition, you get your boarding passes on the ship....you get to the airport and can go directly to the gate since you already have a boarding pass and have no luggage to check!

Thanks,

Doris

There are two search tools. Both are located in the yellow bars above. the upper one "Search" searches through all threads in the current forum(s) as shown to the left. The lower one "Seach this thread" searches only the thread that you are currently in.

Thanks for all the answers and advice, I really appreciate it.

Host Mick, thank you. I know the search tools are there, but for some unknown reason they were not showing up that day no matter what line or forum I was in. I must have hit something accidentally. Everything is fine today go figure.

Doris

Thanks for all the answers and advice, I really appreciate it.

Host Mick, thank you. I know the search tools are there, but for some unknown reason they were not showing up that day no matter what line or forum I was in. I must have hit something accidentally. Everything is fine today go figure.

Doris

I ran into the same problem after I wrote that. I'm going to report it the IT folks.