How to do a b2b out of Miami

Mira28

Does anyone know how easy or difficult it would be to do a b2b on two different Carnival ships leaving from Port of Miami? For example, Ecstasy then Glory, or Victory then Glory in September this year. Can you walk from one ship terminal to the other, after disembarking? (If dates are concurrent as for Victory/ Glory.)

Also, how do these ships compare to each other?

Thanks.

I know people have booked b2b's out of Miami--I think there's a rather good review by Mike and Tracey who did a b2b2b2b with no problem.

Ecstasy is a Fantasy Class ship without 2.0

Glory is a Conquest Class ship and has 2.0

Victory is a Triumph class ship with no 2.0

I've booked b2b's before, but only on the same ship. Someone did recently put together a really nice spreadsheet with the ship's amenities and it can be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980726

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Thanks. I have never been to port of Miami, so I wonder how close together two Carnival ships would be docked. Would it be easy to walk if disembarking from one and embarking the next? (This would be the case with Victory/ Glory.

With such high airfares, I figure I'd love to get all I can out of flying to Miami.

Whether it's a B2B on the same ship or two different ships it's still two separate cruises.......

The ships are docked end to end, but sometimes there are other cruiselines in between the Carnival ships. I've seen 6 ships at the POM........

And keep in mind that a ship is 3 football fields long........the easiest, though they may not be that thrilled to accommodate you is to grab a taxi if you are going to have to go more than one ship away.........

We were on Valor/Glory B2B 14 months ago in Miami. We gathered our luggage after the first cruise and a porter wheeled everything through Customs and down to the next ship. They were already accepting checked bags at the second ship. We tipped the porter and jumped into a taxi to go fetch wine, water and pop for the second cruise. We checked in for the second cruise after we got back with our drinks.

Does anyone know how easy or difficult it would be to do a b2b on two different Carnival ships leaving from Port of Miami? For example, Ecstasy then Glory, or Victory then Glory in September this year. Can you walk from one ship terminal to the other, after disembarking? (If dates are concurrent as for Victory/ Glory.)

Also, how do these ships compare to each other?

Thanks.

Just did b2b cruises on the Breeze 1/4-12/2014 then Glory 1/12-19/2014, took about an hr from 1 to the other, we got very lucky, we found a porter who took our luggage to the Glory, both Glory and Victory are the same class of ship, decor should be the only difference

Whether it's a B2B on the same ship or two different ships it's still two separate cruises.......

The ships are docked end to end, but sometimes there are other cruiselines in between the Carnival ships. I've seen 6 ships at the POM........

And keep in mind that a ship is 3 football fields long........the easiest, though they may not be that thrilled to accommodate you is to grab a taxi if you are going to have to go more than one ship away.........

Thats being lazy to take a cab when you can walk leisurely to the other ship or grab a porter to help you.

Edited by riclop

Keep in mind that September is prime hurricane season. You could run into a problem if your first ship arrived late and you missed your second ship.

If you book both cruises on the same ship, you won't have this potential issue. Some ships alternate between 2 different itineraries.

Just did b2b cruises on the Breeze 1/4-12/2014 then Glory 1/12-19/2014, took about an hr from 1 to the other, we got very lucky, we found a porter who took our luggage to the Glory, both Glory and Victory are the same class of ship, decor should be the only difference

The Glory and the Victory are two different classes. Victory is a Triumph Class and the Glory is a Conquest Class. They look the same but the Conquest class is longer and has two buffet areas and a few other amenities.

Edited by RWolver672

We did a B2B in May. First leg of the cruise was the Carnival Victory. We took our time getting off the ship and headed to our second cruise on the NCL Sky - or at least the ship I thought was the NCL Sky.

After walking in the heat for what seemed like miles, (it wasn't really) we realized we walked to the RCCL Port rather than the NCL Port. :eek: A porter there radio'd a bus in the area and he happily brought us from the RCCL Port to the NCL Port. It was all my fault DH still teases me about it. :o

Have a great trip. :)

Thats being lazy to take a cab when you can walk leisurely to the other ship or grab a porter to help you.

I wish it was just a matter of being lazy.......I long for the past when I didn't face such challenges.....and I dread the future that will end my cruising life due to not being able to tolerate the rigors of getting around on these big ships......or outside of my home for that matter.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you will always be able to cruise.

I appreciate the positive comments and advice. I might do a b2 b on the same ship, but am intrigued by the idea of trying two different ones if it can be done fairly easily. I travel light and don't mind some walking. Good to know about the porter. Forgot about hurricane possibility. I suppose you never know what might happen.

I've done B2B on two different ships twice already. Both times I carried my own luggage from terminal to terminal without any issue. It was quite some walk and you do have to check in all over again but who cares your still on vacation :) I didn't mind it at all.

I wish it was just a matter of being lazy.......I long for the past when I didn't face such challenges.....and I dread the future that will end my cruising life due to not being able to tolerate the rigors of getting around on these big ships......or outside of my home for that matter.

Agreed. What to some might seem lazy, is not at all easy to others. I thought it was just a plain rude thing to say to someone. Thanks for your attention to the ignorant comment.

Unfortunately, I notice this all too often on this site. I'm fairly new here and find it surprising. What starts as a simple question/ answer exchange or discussion is interrupted by rude and sometimes nasty comments. I wonder why? It seems so unnecessary.

After all, we all have an interest in common and should focus on helping one another.