Speciality Restaurants on Reflection

Taclin01

My husband and I are on the December 6, 2014 sailing on the Reflection. We were looking into the 5 night package. Are the restaurants worth the price? Is the quality of food much better? We enjoy high quality of food and don't mind paying the upcharge as long as it worth it. Any input would be great. Thanks!

If you are in an Aqua cabin, IMHO, no, not with Blu.

Last yr we went to Murano and the Lawn Club. Both were worth every dollar. Friends raved about Tuscan, we hope to try it on our next sailing.

Edited by wallie5446

We did the Ultimate dining package on Reflection; we doubled up on Lawn Club and Murano, and also enjoyed that all 'snacks' and lunches fro the Porch and Bistro were included as well.

Edit: Oops! I forgot to say that for us, worth EVERY penny!!!

Edited by akowilm

I would not spend the majority of your dinners in specialty restaurants. They are good, but not much better than the MDR, which is terrific on Reflection. I love great food as well, and we cruise for the great food. But we had two meals in specialty last cruise, and though we enjoyed them, we actually missed the MDR. I feel like when the MDR meals are as good as they are on the Reflection, the specialty dining just feel like a different eatery, and not necessarily better.

Yes, definitely worth it!

Not only is the food better in all the specialty restaurants, but the ambiance is better as well. Instead of a very large, open room with over a thousand people all around you, you are in a smaller space with perhaps only 50 people. They are more intimate, quieter, and the service is more personalized. The food is also cooked to order instead of being prepared assembly line style and picked up by your servers at a counter - plates of food are placed on a counter and the server moves in a line of other servers and picks up the next plate on the counter.

We tried all the specialties on Reflection on our cruise in 2012. In order of preference, we enjoyed Q-sine, Lawn Club Grille, Tuscan Grill and Murano. We also ate at the Porch and Bistro on Five several times to avoid the chaos in the Oceanview Cafe buffet. The Porch is especially nice on embarkation day. You will have the place almost to yourselves since the vast majority of people will be crowding into the buffet because the don't want to spend even $5 to eat at the much quieter Porch, which also has much nicer views than the buffet.

Edited by boogs