Formal night

tinykygal

Not new to RCCL and always respected the recommended attire on formal nights. However, DH & I have agreed to try and have 1 checked luggage each to avoid those extra fees our airline charges.

I am doing a packing run through and I am wondering if any of you gents, or those in your group, have been denied entry into the dining room on formal nights having worn just dress slacks with collared shirt, tie, no jacket.

I have read these threads for many years and I know there are posts and forums after forums on this very thing. My question has to do with recent cruises and not when we cruised with RCCL 5 yrs ago.

Thanks, and please, only kind comments. :) We would never appear in the dining room in shorts or jeans on any night, formal or not.

Not new to RCCL and always respected the recommended attire on formal nights. However, DH & I have agreed to try and have 1 checked luggage each to avoid those extra fees our airline charges.

I am doing a packing run through and I am wondering if any of you gents, or those in your group, have been denied entry into the dining room on formal nights having worn just dress slacks with collared shirt, tie, no jacket.

I have read these threads for many years and I know there are posts and forums after forums on this very thing. My question has to do with recent cruises and not when we cruised with RCCL 5 yrs ago.

Thanks, and please, only kind comments. :) We would never appear in the dining room in shorts or jeans on any night, formal or not.

No, you would not be denied entry. We saw a family on a recent cruise in sandals with no socks, old blue jeans, skater tee-shirts (father and mother included) and baseball caps on backwards (daughter as well, but not the mom) on formal night. You would look like royalty by comparison.

No worries! He will be fine! Enjoy your cruise! :)

Might even leave the tie off as well. :)

Thank you!

I know this is a hot, hot, hot topic, has been for years.

We drove to port in the fall, took 2 days, 2 nights lodging and a small fortune of gasoline. This time we will be dealing with possible weather issues and chose to fly in the day before.

I enjoy seeing everyone in their formal attire, it is not the way we dress normally, but even if it were, I don't want to spend nearly $200 for checked luggage.

Likewise, I sure would not want to ruin anyone's formal night. :)

We will proceed as is and enjoy ourselves, we deserve it.

It will be NO problem.

We sailed the Panama Canal last year and no one had an issue when I showed up in a nice shirt and Dockers on formal night. Some on this board will have an issue, but those who I dined with had no problem. So many can't make the differentiation between a suggestion and a rule. If I show up to a restaurant that says a suit and tie are required, then it is cut and dried. Royal has a SUGGESTED attire, that many think is a rule.