OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

I think the "shreds" are probably there on purpose, to allow the wind to blow through it and not carry the flag off like a giant parachute. Just my guess, though!

No. Yesterday, you could see the holes that were there for letting the wind blow through. Today...it's SHREDDED. Go look. :)

So much for my theory, lol! I'll have to take y'alls word for it, though. I tried to look this morning but the Emerald cam isn't working for me.

I figure they have to take the flag down soon anyway, because they can't sail with it can they? And it looks like it blocks some of portholes on those hideous new Lego cabins?

It throws off the look and lines of the ship. It's surprising since RCI has some of the prettiest ships on the water.

I agree. It throws off the sleekness of ship. It would have helped if they had added a rearward slant to the front windows of the new cabins IMO.

I guess money talks, and looks walk. It's a simple as that.

Edited by daljettjockie

Will you be observant and see if people are bringing bottled water on in their carry on? I have heard 4 different stories from people. Some said Royal said it was okay and some said they took it from them.

Also on the cruise compass do they have a toga party? Heard from another couple that there is one on one of the nights. Might have been told this as a joke. haha

I carry shrink wrapped cases of Smart Water & check it with a luggage tag and have never had a problem having it delivered to my room.

I wouldn't say it looks as bad as Epic, which is IMO the ugliest ship ever constructed. But I do think they look odd. It throws off the look and lines of the ship. It's surprising since RCI has some of the prettiest ships on the water.

It looks like they at least made an attempt to blend them in, unlike the hideous balcony rooms Carnival cobbled onto some of the Fantasy class ships.

What I find more disturbing is this new trend of adding cabins to ships at the expense of public areas. I've never once thought "gee, this ships needs more people and less places to go!"

Well , it is not ugly , but they removed the aerodynamic shape which was elegant. I prefer the old shape. And they will need the additional money, because it will probably burn more fuel (I am exaggerating a little). It seens that those windows will generate more drag.

The suspense is killing me. All I'm doing is sitting at my deck, eating my lunch and refreshing this thread.

I need a life.

I agree. This is what happens when you get hooked on cruising!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Been on the ship for a couple of hours. According to my Fit Bit I've walked 8273 steps, 3.5 miles & 30 flights of stairs.

I've taken a ton of pics & got pics of VB as well as video.

No Coke Freestyle Machines... Sorry, whoever asked.

Having lunch in the WJ then hope to go to our room & upload a few pics before muster.

Remember... Patience is a virtue.

Been on the ship for a couple of hours. According to my Fit Bit I've walked 8273 steps, 3.5 miles & 30 flights of stairs.

Having lunch in the WJ then hope to go to our room & upload a few pics before muster.

You Rock!

Glad you are onboard. I am giddy with anticipation for the pictures, but my computer at work doesn't allow me to see them, so i won't get a chance to look at them until tonight. 24 Days and counting til I'll be on her. Have a great trip and thanks for sharing.