OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

My plan is to post the first group of pictures tomorrow before we set sail and follow up with the next posting on Friday when we are in port at Coz. If we can get a decent connection onboard using our free internet minutes I'll try to post a few along the way. However, the majority of the pics probably will not be posted until we return home.

She hasn't forgotten about us. The above is from her original post on this thread. We may have to wait until Sunday. It will be worth the wait:)

I think her profile looks great. Nothing like the Epic at all. Not even close.

I agree...at least in the photos I've seen, I think the new cabins look fine. They did a nice job of mirroring the architecture of the VCL.

Hi there...

I am ace1zoe2's (adult) daughter. She definitely has not abandoned you guys...she is just not crazy enough to pay the outrageous price for the WIFI onboard...I'm sure she's spending that money on better things...like wine! :)

Hang in there... I know she will update as soon as she gets free or cheap(er) WIFI. I'm looking forward to the pictures and update too.

Thanks texas.travelers! We are anxiously awaiting more pics but do hope they are enjoying themselves! :)

Mary

Here is one I took yesterday.

I think the lines look great

A lot better than what Carnival did and the growth on the Epic is the worst

11rub7o.jpg

I agree!

especially since these cabins were added ~10 years after the ship was built. The ugly "top hat" on the Epic was part of the initial design!

I haven't figured that out myself. When I looked earlier today it was 50% so it didn't matter - it was the same either way. Not sure why that field isn't labeled on the web page :)

If we are talking about CF, then there is a forum that explains. I think it said that was the % of Categories available. But, if you look at the grid, it looks like 60-70 % were available. I don't think many are booked as low as 50%. Almost EVERY RCL I have been on was sold out....... If we could get the formula on this calculation maybe we could understand what it actually means. If you are registered (I AM) on CF you can post on the forums.

d

If we are talking about CF, then there is a forum that explains. I think it said that was the % of Categories available.

That's right, it's in the FAQ: "

What does the "Categories" percentage mean?

It is only an indication of available cabin categories, not ship occupancy."

Edited by pspercy

I agree...at least in the photos I've seen, I think the new cabins look fine. They did a nice job of mirroring the architecture of the VCL.

I agree also. I think if you didn't know that the Deck 12 cabins were just added you would assume they have been there all along. I'll bet the view from the front cabins are awesome!

Hi there...

I am ace1zoe2's (adult) daughter. She definitely has not abandoned you guys...she is just not crazy enough to pay the outrageous price for the WIFI onboard...I'm sure she's spending that money on better things...like wine! :)

Hang in there... I know she will update as soon as she gets free or cheap(er) WIFI. I'm looking forward to the pictures and update too.

How nice of you to update us on your mother's schedule. Thank you.

Hi there...

Thank you for updating us... it is good to know they are enjoying the cruise! We are grateful for the information. I know that on the Allure cruise we took last December I was disappointed that they didn't have a per minute price for the internet (thus I could take advantage of the free minutes for Diamond Plus)... and I just went a week without the internet. I think I enjoyed no internet more than I exected!!

I agree also. I think if you didn't know that the Deck 12 cabins were just added you would assume they have been there all along. I'll bet the view from the front cabins are awesome!

Well, yes....I've gone back and forth between the before and after photos, and I don't even really see where they added them. :confused: Are they under that awning thing in the front?

Of course, visualization is not one of my strong skills. :D

Well, yes....I've gone back and forth between the before and after photos, and I don't even really see where they added them. :confused: Are they under that awning thing in the front?

Of course, visualization is not one of my strong skills. :D

I'm not sure what you mean by under the awning thing, but the Bridge is deck 10, then the spa on deck 11, then the new cabins right above on the new Deck 12. There is an outdoor deck on top of that.

I'm not sure what you mean by under the awning thing, but the Bridge is deck 10, then the spa on deck 11, then the new cabins right above on the new Deck 12. There is an outdoor deck on top of that.

Thanks Carolyn! I can't even really tell they're there. I'll bet they do have an awesome view, though! :D

Right now, Friday 2/7/14 at 7:33 CST, you can see part of the Navigator docked at the Pier in Cozumel. At least I think its the Navigator.

Go tocozumelinsider http://www.cozumelinsider.com/webcam Don't forget this is a real-time webcam so is anyone goes to it later this afternoon or any day after today, the ships docked there will be different.

Edited by lady_cruiser

The bridge has always been on deck 10. The peek-a-boo bridge is all the way forward on deck 11 in front of the gym and it looks down one deck to the bridge. BTW the spa is on deck 12 above the gym, not on deck 11. I will be on her in a week from Sunday and will be checking out the forward area with the "windscreens" above those deck 12 added cabins.

Right now, Friday 2/7/14 at 7:33 CST, you can see part of the Navigator docked at the Pier in Cozumel. At least I think its the Navigator.

Go tocozumelinsider http://www.cozumelinsider.com/webcam Don't forget this is a real-time webcam so is anyone goes to it later this afternoon or any day after today, the ships docked there will be different.

That is not the Navigator, that is the pier downtown.

All I see is what looks like the Epic and another NCL ship.

Looking at the webcam now (15 minutes after your post) I see the Norwegian Epic and another NCL ship (maybe the Norwegian Dawn?). That webcam shows Punta Langosta pier, and RCI uses the International Pier.

Edited by ahecht