Official - Allure in Europe in 2015!

I like the way they make no mention that the contract required the ship to return for a five year check as required for the maintenance agreement for the vessel with STX.

Guess it sounds a lot better that it is due to the strong demand in the UK and Europe and all the great travel agents that have made that happen.....

I like the way they make no mention that the contract required the ship to return for a five year check as required for the maintenance agreement for the vessel with STX.

Guess it sounds a lot better that it is due to the strong demand in the UK and Europe and all the great travel agents that have made that happen.....

To be fair, it doesn't have to be here May - Oct for drydock purposes, only a few weeks

To be fair, it doesn't have to be here May - Oct for drydock purposes, only a few weeks

Exactly - it's doing a full summer here so hardly here just for its dry dock schedule.

This is great news - and the itineraries are pretty good, considering it's such a large ship. Nice to see it calling in La Spezia rather than Livorno.

With MSC Divina and NCL Getaway now year round from Miami along with Carnival Breeze and Glory and Oasis and Carnival Freedom year round from Ft. Lauderdale, this seems like a perfectly sensible move, especially after NCL just moved Epic year round to Barcelona last week.

I find it interesting that they will be inter-porting with embarkation in Civitavecchia as well, even though Barcelona is much better prepared for these mega-ships.

Interesting that they dropped Naples after it was shown that they had booked port calls there last October for 2015.

It seems Royal Caribbean B. lo. g could not be posted here. This was the source about Naples port calls reported earlier.

Edited by MADflyer

Wow! Apparently, this is move has nothing to do with the required dry dock. I wonder what ship will handle the Sunday to Sunday Caribbean itineraries from Fort Lauderdale. I am wondering too how this will affect their agreement with Port Everglades to deliver a certain number of passengers especially since they built/designed terminal 18 for both Oasis class ships. :cool:

Wow! Apparently, this is move has nothing to do with the required dry dock. I wonder what ship will handle the Sunday to Sunday Caribbean itineraries from Fort Lauderdale. I am wondering too how this will affect their agreement with Port Everglades to deliver a certain number of passengers especially since they built/designed terminal 18 for both Oasis class ships. :cool:

Hey buddy, we need to book a cruise on this ship, while she is in Europe.

I think that RCCL has had and has enough ships scheduled when you include Celebrity into the mix. Also throwing in those four and five days cruises on the Liberty and Constellation helps bring those numbers up rather quickly.

I agree that this has nothing to do with the dry dock. It's obvious that the demand for the Oasis for this year was very good. Allure will do very well in Europe and give Costa and MSC a run for their money. No other cruise line can match this ship. Good move by RCI.

Edited by cruisingator2

Demand for Oasis this year was not only good, but amazing.

I was on the Liberty TA last April, when they opened bookings for Oasis. There were lines 40 passengers deep for entire days waiting to book Oasis with Next Cruise. Think we had 400 plus D+ on that sailing.

Of course it, most likely, has to do with the required dry-dock, but it would not make sense to not get full market value out of the crossing to Europe especially if they feel they can better and more profitably fill the capacity in Europe, while maintaining their strong market in Florida with other ships.

Sorry I missed this and started another thread. I was kind of excited :p

I would guess that the dry dock will be in the large gap between the East bound TA and the first 7 night sailing and that they will probably add some repo dates in there to move it up to Roterdam.

Interesting that they dropped Naples after it was shown that they had booked port calls there last October for 2015.

Am I reading your post wrong, I don't see that they have dropped Naples, - it's one of the ports of call

Am I reading your post wrong, I don't see that they have dropped Naples, - it's one of the ports of call

I think Naples was not included in the original article posted confirming that Allure was sailing from Barcelona. But happy to see it was included in later literature posted.