Official - Allure in Europe in 2015!

Congratulations to Palma. It is one of my favorite places to visit. At least Liberty will make it there one time on her Transatlantic this year.

As this is a Monday call, some of the cultural attractions in Palma should maybe review whether or not to open on Mondays during those 22 weeks.

Mallorca welcomes more 9,6 millions land tourists per year, plus 1,3 million cruise passengers. Most of them are squeezed in just 5 or 6 months, coinciding with the Allure season. So even if the Allure of the Seas is very much welcomed, it would represent 120.000 passengers tops in 22 weeks, or about 1% of the total amount of tourists visiting Mallorca.

Again, take into account that most "land" tourists stay in Mallorca for 8,5 days on average. So Mallorca generates 79,2 million night stays per year.

On any given August day there are 464.000 tourists staying in Hotels in Mallorca, plus all those stay at rented houses and apartments or visiting relatives, we're talking about maybe ? 550.000 - 600.000 tourists. The about 5.400 Oasis of the Seas passengers and crew would only represent 1% of the total amount of tourists on the island that day. So given the infrastructure of the island and the diversified tourist possibilities no special changes need to be taken into consideration.

It's true that most cruise passengers concentrate in the city itself, but aside from some museums like the Miro Foundation or Es Baluard, most tourist attractions like the cathedral, or the Bellver Castle open everyday. Private businesses like the Soller train, the excursions companies, restaurants, shops etc open daily. And the beaches are certainly not closed!

I am a tiny bit disappointed that she won't be visiting Southampton. However, I think the talk surrounding Oasis III and Allure doing the whole season, perhaps to see how it goes, are really relevant.

I would love to see an Oasis class in Europe all year, or at least the summer season... so long as those prices drop a little ;)

Mallorca welcomes more 9,6 millions land tourists per year, plus 1,3 million cruise passengers. QUOTE]

Yes, I do know it well, being that I have traveled there for about the past 30 years about a couple of times a year. I find it amusing what cruise passengers try to fit into one day though and always like to see cultural venues available when possible. As you say, not really a big deal probably for most.

I was there on Serenade, December 2012 and liked that I could just take the bus over to the city for a short stroll and buy lottery tickets as it was just prior to Christmas.

The Allure/Rhapsody/Splendour press release hit around 9am Eastern time and news spread through all the usual channels and the USA Today article was up about 4 hours ago, about 2 hours after it was posted on cruise industry news.

RCI has not featured this news prominently on their own US website yet, as they updated all the European websites earlier in the day. The news first hit in the UK and then within 3 hours was updated with separate press releases from each of the European regional offices.

They have not sent a C&A US email yet, to my knowledge as they are most likely waiting for dollar pricing to be set maybe.

My Swiss and Spanish emails did not show pricing and I have only so far seen the UK fares. Someone else did report euro fares showing, but I did not see them.

Well I know everyone is excited about Allure in Europe...except me. We are planning a June 2015 group trip and decided to do Oasis. But now those already high prices are going to go even higher and the already in demand Oasis will be even more in demand. I know it's selfish but this really puts the screws to people planning on Oasis class sailings in 2015.

When I sailed Allure, the single supplement is still not 200%.

Now that it is, I would say solo cruisers might prefer sailing the Epic as it has 128 studio rooms for solo cruisers while Allure has none.

Even if Allure is the best ship out there.. the now 200% single supplement RCCL implemented made Allure less appealing for solos price wise.

The Anthem might do the trick in the future for RCCL for their solo cabins.

What solo cruisers are hoping is Allure will bring down Epic's Europe cruise fare due to increased capacity and competition.

So is the Allure doing Barcelona to Barcelona or Barcelona to Rome then Rome to Barcelona?

:confused:

Barcelona to Barcelona on Sundays, Civitavecchia to Civitavecchia on Thursdays.

Inter-porting with duel embarkations on the same sailings. This is similar to the Liberty sailings in 2014.

I may have missed it, but regarding the pricing for the April TA on Allure...will that pricing not be known until C&A bookings start on Feb 12th? Or will those prices be released ahead of that date? Sorry if I missed the answer to this earlier...

I may have missed it, but regarding the pricing for the April TA on Allure...will that pricing not be known until C&A bookings start on Feb 12th? Or will those prices be released ahead of that date? Sorry if I missed the answer to this earlier...

At this moment in time it appears no one can find even a lead in price in dollars :( so it looks like we may have to wait till Wednesday to get prices.

I am beyond excited by this announcement - we had said we were only going to do one cruise next year and it was going to be on Allure as I've always wanted to try her. We live in Ireland and even though the cruise fare will be a little dearer the flight prices should be a quarter of the transatlantic prices for us so we might be able to squeeze in a second cruise next year after all... I'm voting Anthem, my husband thinks I'm nuts :D

I have just called C&A UK (well actually I got a gent in Guatemala) and he said that booking will open for Allure on 12th February at 10am in UK for Pinnacle & Diamond Plus members and 2pm for all other C&A levels.

Anyone else get different times or info ? :rolleyes:

I am beyond excited by this announcement - we had said we were only going to do one cruise next year and it was going to be on Allure as I've always wanted to try her. We live in Ireland and even though the cruise fare will be a little dearer the flight prices should be a quarter of the transatlantic prices for us so we might be able to squeeze in a second cruise next year after all... I'm voting Anthem, my husband thinks I'm nuts :D

Hi guys originally from Dublin myself, now living in NJ.

A few nights in ?New York, some outlet shipping , then a cruise to the Caribbean on Quantum, you cannot go wrong. That coupled with Allure in the Med sound like a great plan.

Have fun......

Edited by SConnolly

UK newspaper article. Some of the comments are funny - and uninformed:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/10622567/Worlds-largest-cruise-ship-heading-for-Europe.html

And some of the facts in the article itself are plain wrong. "Quantum class"?

Still takes from the original UK press release that said that Civitavecchia was the port for Rome and Naples!

My favorite comment is

"Google "loony" and "barking"."

Hi guys originally from Dublin myself, now living in NJ.

A few nights in ?New York, some outlet shipping , then a cruise to the Caribbean on Quantum, you cannot go wrong. That coupled with Allure in the Med sound like a great plan.

Have fun......

Just realized you said Anthem not Quantum, hey but my idea is good.

Just realized you said Anthem not Quantum, hey but my idea is good.

Love the idea - last May we did a 9 night on Explorer out of Bayonne and 5 nights in NY, and in 4 weeks we're heading back to Explorer for a 10-nighter :) :) Anthem will be in Europe so again cheap flights!

Next cruise: 10 nt Explorer of the