SO EXCITED! Booked 1st time Suite! Please tell me what I can look forward to!!!

Dreamer333

On our first and only cruse ever, the upgrade fairy visited the week we were leaving. We went from a mini to full suite with all the perks. Our travel agent told us cruising would never be the same for us again. I loved the spa, free internet, fresh flowers and there was always fresh fruit when we returned. We used Sabatini's on the mornings we did not have to be on shore early. Enjoy your suite.

We are going on a Christmas cruise to celebrate our 50th anniversary:) we are going to be in an aft suite. We are taking are family to make it a special holiday. I understand that we will get to have a specialty dinner the first night. Will we be able to bring the rest of our family with us? I know we would have to pay for them but really want to include them with us. This is our first time cursing with princess and our first time in a suite and are very excited. It is the first cruise ever for the rest of our family. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

We are going on a Christmas cruise to celebrate our 50th anniversary:) we are going to be in an aft suite. We are taking are family to make it a special holiday. I understand that we will get to have a specialty dinner the first night. Will we be able to bring the rest of our family with us? I know we would have to pay for them but really want to include them with us. This is our first time cursing with princess and our first time in a suite and are very excited. It is the first cruise ever for the rest of our family. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Most definitely!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I understand that we will get to have a specialty dinner the first night. Will we be able to bring the rest of our family with us? I know we would have to pay for them but really want to include them with us.

Most definitely!

Agreed. Just get the reservations made as soon as you board the ship.

Anyone can dine in specialty the first night, when the cabin numbers are taken the suite passengers will be free.

I think you are gonna love that aft suite, good choice! Happy 50th!

Rick

That is my only complaint about Sabatini's. Breakfast hours are 7:30 to 9:30 on port days and 7:30 to 10:30 on sea days. Wished they opened at 7:00 on port days like the MDR.

On my April 12-19 cruise aboard the CB, Sabatinis opened at 7am on port days! We were able to have breakfast here every morning.

Agreed. Just get the reservations made as soon as you board the ship.

Anyone can dine in specialty the first night, when the cabin numbers are taken the suite passengers will be free.

I think you are gonna love that aft suite, good choice! Happy 50th!

Rick

It would be a good idea to make reservations soon after you board. Some ships have reserved spaces for Suite passengers, especially early, so let them know you are in a full suite when booking.

Don't know how many of your family are traveling with you but there should be a table with four chairs and two lounge chairs on you balcony so there is plenty if space for at least six people on your balcony. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

On my April 12-19 cruise aboard the CB, Sabatinis opened at 7am on port days! We were able to have breakfast here every morning.
That's nice to hear. Don't know when we will be in a suite again but we will check it out.

We recently returned from the Coral where we had booked a suite. It was very large with a curtain between the sitting area and the bed area.The bathroom was split between toilet and bowl. The other half had a Jacuzzi tub, separate glass enclose shower with bath salts and other upgraded toiletries and linens there were flowers in a small vase on the counter.

The sitting area had a wet bar with stocked liquors and a full fridge of sodas beer and water.Also a desk. sofa, cocktail table with fresh fruit( replenished several times ), end table with fresh flowers.There will be literature in the cabin telling you all you can expect. You will get a free dinner at one of the speciality restaurants the 1st night. Call DINE and set up the restaurant you want ant the time you want. You can also have breakfast every morning i Sabatini's. We really enjoyed that. there is so much more and I won't make this any longer.Too many perks to list. We had the Fiji Suite.

I'm thinking of booking a suite on the Coral, S6 vista suite I believe, sounds like same room your describing. If I chose to go w/ a mini suite instead, would I be disappointed, or do you feel it was worth the money for the space? I know it depends on how much you want to spend. I'll give you an example, We had a large balcony on "Oasis of the seas" and I didn't feel it was worth the extra money b/c I wasn't in the cabin that much.

It would be a good idea to make reservations soon after you board. Some ships have reserved spaces for Suite passengers, especially early, so let them know you are in a full suite when booking.

Don't know how many of your family are traveling with you but there should be a table with four chairs and two lounge chairs on you balcony so there is plenty if space for at least six people on your balcony. :)

This is the reason we wanted an aft suite so that we could all spend some time on the balcony. There will be 9 of us but I think we will be fine. So excited and can hardly wait

Thanks to every one for the responses

We are booked in a window suite on the Golden in 1/15 in South America. Do all the perks mentioned in this thread apply to window suites too? If this was already addressed in this thread I didn't see it and I'm sorry for repeating the question.

Thanks.

We are booked in a window suite on the Golden in 1/15 in South America. Do all the perks mentioned in this thread apply to window suites too? If this was already addressed in this thread I didn't see it and I'm sorry for repeating the question.

Thanks.

WS have all the perks of any other full suite. All you don't get is a balcony.

On our first and only cruse ever, the upgrade fairy visited the week we were leaving. We went from a mini to full suite with all the perks. Our travel agent told us cruising would never be the same for us again. I loved the spa, free internet, fresh flowers and there was always fresh fruit when we returned. We used Sabatini's on the mornings we did not have to be on shore early. Enjoy your suite.

Do suites get free internet? Didn't see that any where. That would be really great if we did.

Is it possible to exchange the mini bar in a suite for coffee cards as I've heard some people do with their Elite mini bar benefit? That seems like a great deal for those of us that don't drink a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible to exchange the mini bar in a suite for coffee cards as I've heard some people do with their Elite mini bar benefit? That seems like a great deal for those of us that don't drink a lot.

I've heard about it being done, but I've never tried it. I have exchanged the small bottles of the hard stuff for beer though. This was no problem whatsoever.....:):):)

Bob

I am looking forward to reading replies to this. We have our first full suite on our March 15 Coral Princess cruise and like you, are VERY excited!! I am sure you have seen the suite flyer on the Princess site, but I will post in just in case. I have heard fabulous things about the perk of breakfast at Sabitini's and that is one that I am really looking forward to.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

We enjoyed breakfast at Sabitini's! One of the best perks with a full suite. Found it empty as many suite guests do not use it. We liked the mimosa's daily and the friendly wait staff that of course knew us very well!

The size of the suite was large and very comfortable.

Yes, the suite benefit mini bar can be exchanged for two coffee cards.

Jackie

Yes, the suite benefit mini bar can be exchanged for two coffee cards.

Jackie

When we had entered our stateroom, we asked the butler to fill the minibar with only what we enjoyed drinking-including soft drinks. He did so without any problem.

Some have said 7:30 for Sabitinis others have said 7:00 am. We will be on the Star in January if it makes a difference.

Does anyone know the earliest delivery time for room service? We have an 8:15 shorex which is why I am asking.

Thanks

Some have said 7:30 for Sabitinis others have said 7:00 am. We will be on the Star in January if it makes a difference.

Does anyone know the earliest delivery time for room service? We have an 8:15 shorex which is why I am asking.

Thanks

Write in the time you wish Breakfast delivered if your departure time is too early for the 7 am shore day breakfast start in Sabatini's. You should easily be able to request 6 am and have plenty of time.

We are booked on the Star for the SF to Hawaii cruise in November. We will be staying in the Cabo San Lucas Suite on Caribe deck. Love reading the posts from everyone who has sailed and have enjoyed the "perks". Got a suite five years ago on RC-Explorer of the Seas (Grand Suite) and have had a suite ever since. Once on HAL-Veendam (Deluxe Verandah Suite) and Carnival Valor (Ocean Suite). As everyone says "Once you have had a suite it is hard to go back to any other cabin. On a long cruise it is nice to spend time in the suite just relaxing by ourselves and spending a lot of time on the balcony. With so many sea days it is very nice to spend time by ourselves and perhaps do an afternoon tea, enjoying meals on the balcony or whale watching. We have noticed that there is a big difference between suites on different cruise lines. The best so far was RC because they really catered to suite guests and the perks were really nice. I am surprised that Princess does not have a Concierge lounge for suite guests as most other liners have. We are really looking forward to this cruise because of the positive reviews of the Star princess.

I didn't read all 8 pages but if no-one has mentioned it the day you depart the ship room service isn't limited to continental breakfast only and you don't have to join the throngs at Horizon Court or MD.

• 1 month later...
I thought I read somewhere that Princess reinstated free internet for suites?? But I don't see it on their website.

It was listed in a suite perks list that was erroneously published a few days ago and has since been corrected.

Mike:)