SO EXCITED! Booked 1st time Suite! Please tell me what I can look forward to!!!

Dreamer333

Since the cabin numbers aren't printed on the card, how do they know we are in a suite for things like priority tender, etc?

Nowadays they do print "Suite" on the cruise card. At Sabatini's, the first time you go for breakfast you'll tell the headwaiter "E733" and it won't be asked again for the rest of the cruise. You're in The Club. :D

As another member said, priority tendering will be moderated by the priority tender tickets you'll receive in your cabin.

We booked our first suite in 09 to celebrate our anniversary, honeymoon, (which we never had) and birthday. Problem is we never went back to the balcony. It spoiled us we enjoy the extra pampering and amenities on the ships. One thing that is nice is free laundry on Princess. A note to Debbdo we will be on the same cruise.

Jim:):):)

Hey Jim! You're on the March 15th Panama Canal cruise too? Kewl!!!

Debbie

Quick question...

I read somewhere that when you are in a suite, you get credit for two cruises... but I don't see that on the Princess website.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Yes, it is true. I had paid for an upgrade to full suite and I only got one credit so a quick call to Princess got me the second credit. I imagine if you get a free upgrade you don't get the second credit.

Jackie

As you paid for the suite you will get two cruise credits for the trip. Free upgrades to a suite only get one. You get three credits if you are solo in a suite. I think you can find it under the FAQ section on the Princess web site but having cruised aft suites for quite some time I can assure you that you will get two credits. They do not however double the number of days that you are credited with. First order of business for us when we board is to meet our cabin steward, ask for a cork screw and crack a very good bottle of red on the balcony. I always have a cork screw in my checked baggage but it might not be there when we hit the room.

Edited by Gunner22aa

As you paid for the suite you will get two cruise credits for the trip. Free upgrades to a suite only get one. You get three credits if you are solo in a suite. I think you can find it under the FAQ section on the Princess web site but having cruised aft suites for quite some time I can assure you that you will get two credits. They do not however double the number of days that you are credited with. First order of business for us when we board is to meet our cabin steward, ask for a cork screw and crack a very good bottle of red on the balcony. I always have a cork screw in my checked baggage but it might not be there when we hit the room.

Thx for the info on sailing solo in a suite. That is my situation. I'm getting really close to elite so this is great info.

I love the AFT and the having private tea on the Veranda...We did this several times on our last cruise...call about an hour before tea time..make sure to ask for one of everything for 2 you will end up with a wonderful spread. One day the server asked if we would like to have her stay and serve us....it was wonderful....

Also in October we had the most perfect red rose on our bath sink.

Did I mention the bath is large enough to fit a guy that is 6" 3' and his 5' 6"wife.;) Fill the tub wi the bath salts and gel turn on the jets and let the bubbles and fun begin.....

On thing that I do when we have an aft cabin is bring bubbles, last time I brought a bubble shooter so relaxing to watch those bubbles float from the back of the ship.

Have a wonderful time.....

Edited by land lover

I thought they now give 4 credits to a solo cruiser ......but I could be dreaming....

Edited by land lover

Quick question...

I read somewhere that when you are in a suite, you get credit for two cruises... but I don't see that on the Princess website.

Does anyone know if this is true?

From the Captain's Circle FAQs:

Question: How many cruise credits can I earn per cruise?

Answer: Most passengers will receive one credit per cruise. Passengers who pay for and sail in a full suite will earn 2 cruise credits; Passengers sailing alone in a cabin and paying the exclusive occupancy fare will earn 2 cruise credits; Passengers who sail alone in a cabin and pay for the exclusive occupancy fare for a full suite will earn 3 cruise credits.

Does anyone know what the daily gratuity charges are in a suite? I believe it is more than in a balcony cabin (and of course we always tip more).

From Princess' website:

To simplify the tipping process for our passengers, a discretionary gratuity of $12 per person for mini-suites and suites, and $11.50 per passenger in all other staterooms per day (including children) will be automatically added to your shipboard account on a daily basis.

We are sailing on the Ruby Princess on Feb 20 and had booked a mini-suite. After reading the posts we just decided to go for it and upgrade to a suite! (it cost over 2x as much for the 4 days so I am really hoping it is worth it!) I have never stayed in an aft-facing cabin before and am just a little bit nervous about this "vent" that some folks refer to. There also is a "beam" on our balcony (Caribe deck) that some found troublesome as well. Any thoughts?

We are sailing on the Ruby Princess on Feb 20 and had booked a mini-suite. After reading the posts we just decided to go for it and upgrade to a suite! (it cost over 2x as much for the 4 days so I am really hoping it is worth it!) I have never stayed in an aft-facing cabin before and am just a little bit nervous about this "vent" that some folks refer to. There also is a "beam" on our balcony (Caribe deck) that some found troublesome as well. Any thoughts?

we stayed in E733 on the Ruby

the beam was not an issue

we are booked for C750 in March

do not worry about the beam

I just booked Aft suite E733 on the Crown Princess!!!!

We've always done balcony cabins, but since this is my husband's 40th birthday, I want to spoil him and make it very special for him!

I've read things here and there about the awesome suite perks... so PLEASE... all of you seasoned Suite passengers.... do share!!! Please give me even more reasons to be excited!

What can we look forward to on this cruise???? I would love to hear your personal experiences in a suite. :D

Thank you!

You will be spoiled and not want anything else again.$$$$

We were in a Dolphin Vista on the Sapphire and absolutely loved it. So much so that I booked another aft Vista for our T/A in October. We are definite "wake view" converts and I will find it hard to ever book a non aft facing cabin in the future:). We did have a beam but it was in no way an issue. Trust me when I say you won't be dissapointed.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G