Orlando International to Port Canaveral High Speed Rail

mike45orlando

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/brevard-county/officials-highspeed-rail-could-connect-oia-with-port-canaveral/-/11788124/24313412/-/p8h136/-/index.html

Well this has been talked about a lot but now a meeting has taken place. Just like the new large cruise terminal they have started - If you build it they will come.

If the governor put a stop to one between Tampa and Orlando for no good reason, what makes you think Orlando to Port Canaveral would ever get done?

If only the rail plans from 5 years ago in the Tampa Bay area, the high speed Tampa-Orlando rail and this were actually built, I could get to Port Canaveral from my house. I would have just needed someone to take me the half mile to the nearest light rail station.

/wishful thinking

If the governor put a stop to one between Tampa and Orlando for no good reason, what makes you think Orlando to Port Canaveral would ever get done?

If only the rail plans from 5 years ago in the Tampa Bay area, the high speed Tampa-Orlando rail and this were actually built, I could get to Port Canaveral from my house. I would have just needed someone to take me the half mile to the nearest light rail station.

/wishful thinking

Doesn't cost to dream! I think it would be awesome!

Florida East Coast Rwy. announced a while ago big plans for new passenger service from MIA to MCO. Current tracks at Cocoa will connect with new tracks to be built along side 528 and go to MCO. This new plan just announced today could definitely benefit from FEC's operation.

Also, current seldom used rail tracks thru Kennedy Space Center are being studied for connection with the port itself. Another possible option.

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd

Would love to see rail from Tampa all the way to the Cape. Ideally with a stop at WDW. Would make it easy to get to my favorite Cuban diner in Tampa put in a few days at WDW and sail all without having to drive I the traffic of I4 or the Beeline.

I personally think a high speed rail would benefit both Port Canaveral and the greater Orlando area. Cruise ships make ports of call to Port Canaveral but after you factor in travel time and hassle getting into Orlando it doesn't leave much time to really see or do much. A high speed rail could cut this travel time down and make planning easier and more appealing. Thus bringing more tourism and money into Orlando from cruise ships.

Port Canaveral would benefit from easier faster transfer options from MCO to the port. As an out of state resident I do look at difficulty going from airport to cruise port when making my decisions. Granted MCO to the port is not that bad it is still harder and more costly than say FLL to the port. I again see this rail as a hassle free and hopefully economic way to get to the port. Reducing that hassle could increase passenger base for cruises leaving out of Port Canaveral.

Just my two cents.

Greetings

They have been planning high-speed rail services for Florida for over 20 years. Plans come and plans go but that's as far as it ever gets. Who remembers the big plan for bullet train service from Jax to Miami down the I-95 median? There have been many other plans, all getting nowhere.

Maybe, just maybe this time will be different. But I have been here too long to get excited until I see actual construction.

Good Sailing

Tom

Would love to see rail from Tampa all the way to the Cape. Ideally with a stop at WDW. Would make it easy to get to my favorite Cuban diner in Tampa put in a few days at WDW and sail all without having to drive I the traffic of I4 or the Beeline.

Columbia, perhaps? :)