Awesome Reflection Cruise-A Short Review!

daydreamer16

Just returned from a fantastic cruise on the Reflection! The only downside was a very big delay during embarkation, and there was little to no communication from Celebrity about the delay. Once we were aboard, everything was great. Here were the highlights:

1. Our stateroom was very nice (1081), loved the bathroom with so much storage!

2. Enjoyed the layout of the buffet and offerings there. We had several breakfasts and lunches there.

3. Had dinner 6 nights in the Opus dining room. We were in Select on deck 4. We found the service on the Starboard side better than Port? We frequently had Daniel as our waiter, Dan Rich as assistant and Ramson as the sommelier. The service was great and our wine glasses were never empty!!!

4. Talking about wine---we had the classic beverage package (free) and we never had a problem getting a drink at any venue. Café al Bacio was awesome and the baristas were very friendly. We will never be able to go back to not having the package--good marketing ploy by Celebrity!

5. Loved the Lawn Club Grill and the Porch! Had 1 dinner at the Grill and 1 lunch at the Porch.

6.We were on the pool deck by 9-9:30 on the sea days and we were always able to get a lounge chair. Saw lots of chair hogs on our way to breakfast those days!

7. Loved the music by the pool, heard lots of top 40. Earlier reports mentioned rap music, never heard any. Although we didn't join in, it was fun to watch the Zumba by the pool! The solarium pool was very serene.

8. Liked the shows, especially the musical productions, Uncommon Ground, and the Sin City comedy!

9. Enjoyed the ports, took a walk around Old San Juan, went to the beach in St. Thomas, and took Bernard's Tours in Maarten.

10. Formal night was not enforced, some men were wearing tuxedos, some suits or sport jackets, but there were plenty of shirt sleeves. I just wish they would change the policy or enforce it.

11. There were several groups aboard, MS Foundation, a small group of Mennonites and a group of people wearing hats and shirts that with RS?

Anyway, it was a great cruise, our third Celebrity cruise but our first on the S class. It won't be our last!

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to help.

Anyway, it was a great cruise, our third Celebrity cruise but our first on the S class. It won't be our last!

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to help.

Did you hear from anyone about the Captain's Club? Did they have vouchers or did they have a designated room for the cocktails before dinner?

Haven't heard anything in a while so I was wondering if the "vouchers" were still being used?

Thanks.

Great review.

Did you hear from anyone about the Captain's Club? Did they have vouchers or did they have a designated room for the cocktails before dinner?

Haven't heard anything in a while so I was wondering if the "vouchers" were still being used?

Thanks.

Great review.

We did go to the Senior Officers cocktail party. We are only Select so not sure about the daily elite party.

Sorry, not sure how many ships in port that day. We did like the beach, it's long but not too wide. The water was clear and sand very soft. We had planned to rent chairs, but there were many picnic tabes in the shade, so we sat there. The bathrooms have showers, changing areas and were pretty clean. It was empty when we got there about 9:30-9:45 but by 12:30 when we were getting ready to leave it had gotten pretty busy. We were near the bathrooms & restaurant so it was more crowded there. There were plenty of taxi people around when it was time to go!

Thanks.

Great review.

I was on the January 18 sailing and the Captain's Club cocktail hour was from 5-7 p.m. in the Sky lounge except for embarkation day and the evening of the Senior officer's Party. Each guest was asked to bring their SeaPass card for entry.

how many ships were in port, was it really crowded at Megans bay? did you like it?

We were also on this cruise. I think that there were 4 ships in port that day, including the Oasis.

We went to Morningstar beach, which is far less crowded than Magens. Even ran into some of the crew.

Excellent short review, and we agree with all of the OP's points.

Edited by itsjb1

The US government did a full immigration check of the crew on disembarkation of the previous sailing. We did not get off the ship till after 11am on the Jan 18th sailing. That is why you were so delayed.

I know, we didn't get any info until a letter was delivered in our stateroom on the second day. When our taxi pulled up to the terminal at 11:45 people were still getting off!

What did the letter say? We never got one. Nor did our neighbors.

January 26, 2014

Dear Guests

Please accept this letter as a note of apology for the delayed embarkation in Miami. To clarify, the initial challenge was delayed disembarkation of the prior cruise due to operational port issues which we were unable to influence. Unfortunately, the subsequent embarkation was delayed, which impacted your boarding experience. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We wish you a wonderful cruise.

Sincerely, Celebrity Reflection Management

The letter was fine it just would have been nicer if someone from Celebrity had come out to the crowds that were waiting.