First time cruisers

It will be our first time cruising it will also be our destination wedding and honeymoon on the allure of the seas we are very excited but we want to not worry about anything so were getting the alcohol package but I have noticed that not all food is included and we were thinking of getting the food packages as well has anyone ever purchased this and is it all you can eat or just 1 time? And what was your experience with this package ? And which package did you purchase out of the 3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will be our first time cruising it will also be our destination wedding and honeymoon on the allure of the seas we are very excited but we want to not worry about anything so were getting the alcohol package but I have noticed that not all food is included and we were thinking of getting the food packages as well has anyone ever purchased this and is it all you can eat or just 1 time? And what was your experience with this package ? And which package did you purchase out of the 3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on your upcoming wedding Kendra. All of your meals in the Main Dining Room plus the Wind Jammer Buffet are included in your ticket price.

These dinner packages are for the specialty restaurants aboard of which there are a large variety on Allure.

I would suggest reading about the various restaurants and seeing which you are most interested in and doing them individually. The Dinner package will save you 25% off of Specialty dining. However, you will not go hungry as all of your daily meals are included.

Jonathan

The Allure has sooooooooo many "non fee" eateries. In my opinion (unless you WANT to pay for the eateries that have fee's"), I see no reason to do the dining package.

HAVE A GREAT TIME......this ship is AMAZING...:)

HERE is the List: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=530&pgtype=dining

Edited by champagne123
vvvvvvvvvvv

The specialty restaurants, in most cases, are for 1 entree...they are not "all you can eat". With the amount of food they serve, if you tried to eat more than they give you...well, I can't even imagine the discomfort you'd be in! Too much food!

You can eat almost 24/7 on the included food...unless you have a great desire to pay for food, there's no need.

I'll second that there's no "need" to purchase the for-fee meals. There are many, many options included with your cruise fare. Also, keep in mind that you can request a table for two in the main dining room if you want a more intimate dining experience. And if you've chosen the My Time Dining as your option (rather than the standard early or late seating) you'll be on the top floor of the dining room. You can make a quick trip to the Dining Room upon boarding the ship and ask to select your table for the week. They're typically very accommodating. We did that on our last Oasis cruise and had a lovely table by the center atrium railing that allowed us to look down over the two floors below. Wonderful location. Enjoy your cruise!

I'm not a specialty restaurant person - I've been less than impressed with them on my few tries, although from reading CC you know that some cruisers swear by them.

Anyway, I wanted to mention that even if you decide to try, there is no reason to book ahead, they are not that crowded, and it is best to see what entertainment etc. is going on before deciding to dine specialty on a given evening.

As a first time cruiser the advice I would give is not to use the buffet to excess, its a killer for weight gain, and usually not the best option.

Take advantage of room service for breakfast, since they call before delivery, it makes a nice wakeup. The delivery guy gets a tip of a few dollars.

Do the dining room occasionally for breakfast or lunch (lunch available only on sea days). Unless you ask otherwise you will be seated at a communal table, especially if you are evening dining at a table for 2, you may find the table conversation fun. At lunch, try the Tutti salad bar as entrée or side, very nice!

As the others have said there is no need to buy special food. There is plenty of free food always avaliable included in your cruise price..and it's all good. I am not a fan of the specialty restaurants. Just another way for the cruise to get money out of you.

Congrats on your wedding!