Carnival Ship Name

Beamafar

I sailed with Carnival in September 2000. My problem is I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the ship and am hoping someone will be able to remind me.

I don't recall the exact dates but I embarked at Tampa, Florida for a 7 night cruise to Grand Cayman, Cozumel and New Orleans, before returning to Tampa. Having left New Orleans, a hurricane blew up in the Gulf of Mexico and we ended up spending 2 more nights on board as the ship couldn't enter the port of Tampa.

Hope that information is enough to go on. I've searched the net to help with this, to no avail and thought this the perfect place to put the question.

Edited by Beamafar

If you go to the Carnival website, register as a "VIFP club member" (have to give name, birthday and provide a username and password). Once you are logged in, go to "my cruises" under VIFP club and it will list all of the cruises that you have taken with carnival.

I took a cruise back in 2001 and then had not cruised again until 2012. I never would have remembered the name of the ship that I was on back in 2001!

It lists the ship that you were on, the number of days that the cruise was, etc.. This is how they determine what level you are - red, gold, diamond, platinum

If you go to the Carnival website, register as a "VIFP club member" (have to give name, birthday and provide a username and password). Once you are logged in, go to "my cruises" under VIFP club and it will list all of the cruises that you have taken with carnival.

I took a cruise back in 2001 and then had not cruised again until 2012. I never would have remembered the name of the ship that I was on back in 2001!

It lists the ship that you were on, the number of days that the cruise was, etc.. This is how they determine what level you are - red, gold, diamond, platinum

This. I did the same thing a couple weeks ago to look up a Carnival cruise that I took in 2000. :cool:

Thank you all so much for your responses.

While the name "Sensation" doesn't ring any bells for me neither does the list of Carnival ship names I've trawled thru' already.

I was so naive about cruises at the time that I don't think I even noticed its name:o

I'll certainly check out your suggestions and let you know how it goes. It may be a couple of weeks as I'm heading off on MSC Splendida on Monday next and have lots to do to prepare:D

While I think it was the Sensation, I believe that the Tropicale also sailed this route at one point in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did you take any pictures with the ship in the background?

Unfortunately, no. I do have photos taken by the onboard photographer, one has a picture of the ship in the background with myself & himself in front but it doesn't indicate the ship's name. I thought there might be a stamp on the back of the photo with the ship's name but it doesn't.

Unfortunately, no. I do have photos taken by the onboard photographer, one has a picture of the ship in the background with myself & himself in front but it doesn't indicate the ship's name. I thought there might be a stamp on the back of the photo with the ship's name but it doesn't.

If you want to post that pic, I'm sure that we can narrow it down for you, even if the name isn't visible. We could at least tell what class of ship it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Unless mine is different, it only lists the cruises by ship's name from 2000 on. We took a cruise in 1999 and it says under ship's name "1 cruises" and gives us credit for the 7 days.

2/23/2013 Carnival Freedom EXOTIC EASTERN CARIB 24NHS5 › Details+ 8.00

2/19/2011 Carnival Dream EXOTIC W. CARIBBEAN 64N3D8› Details+ 7.00

2/19/2005 Carnival Glory EASTERN CARIBBEAN Z56S49› Details+ 7.00

2/9/2003 Carnival Conquest WESTERN CARIBBEAN PP6435› Details+ 7.00

2/25/2001 Carnival Victory EASTERN CARIBBEAN H658F4› Details+ 7.00

1 Cruises -- -- + 7.00

Edited by RWolver672

I thought the Sensation either sailed out of Miami or Port Canaveral; I don't know if ever sailed out of Tampa.

I did the route the OP is talking about twice in 6 months from Tampa on the Sensation the last one being 6/18/2000.

I was booked on her for a third time but she had mechanical problems and was moved to the short Bahamas run that she is still at today.

Bill

When we did the Celebration in 97, the cruise originated in Tampa but we boarded in New Orleans. It really worked out well because the ship was going into dry dock after this cruise so when we got to Tampa (1st. port) most of the passengers got off and no one go on. We really had excellent service after that....We did this cruise twice and it's the only times I have seen that passengers boarded in 2 ports. These 2 are still some of our favorites.

Doug

• 3 months later...

I'd like to thank all of you for contributing to this - those who stated it was Sensation were right! By chance, yesterday I found a picture taken by the ship's photographer at the time of embarkation which not only shows the ship's name but also the date and a clock showing the time the photo was taken.

Happy cruising - everyone, even if it's only thru' life.

I sailed with Carnival in September 2000. My problem is I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the ship and am hoping someone will be able to remind me.

I don't recall the exact dates but I embarked at Tampa, Florida for a 7 night cruise to Grand Cayman, Cozumel and New Orleans, before returning to Tampa. Having left New Orleans, a hurricane blew up in the Gulf of Mexico and we ended up spending 2 more nights on board as the ship couldn't enter the port of Tampa.

Hope that information is enough to go on. I've searched the net to help with this, to no avail and thought this the perfect place to put the question.

We did this exact itinerary on the Sensation in March 2000. :)

Edited by Bookbug53