Questions about vines

bigguy6

At Vines the sushi and tapas are at no cost with the purchase of ANY beverage.

My DH ordered a Jack Daniels with a splash of water and they fixed it right there at Vines. Any mixed drink is fine.

The couple sitting next to us did not drink alcohol. They ordered a virgin drink which was fine.

The one thing you can not use is your "soft drink card".

No one is forced to order wine. Enjoy! :)

LuLu

~~~~

At Vines the sushi and tapas are at no cost with the purchase of ANY beverage.

My DH ordered a Jack Daniels with a splash of water and they fixed it right there at Vines. Any mixed drink is fine.

The couple sitting next to us did not drink alcohol. They ordered a virgin drink which was fine.

The one thing you can not use is your "soft drink card".

No one is forced to order wine. Enjoy! :)

LuLu

~~~~

You can use your soda sticker anywhere onboard that has a soda gun. That includes vines, but using a soda card might not entitle you to free sushi or tapas...

You can use your soda sticker anywhere onboard that has a soda gun. That includes vines, but using a soda card might not entitle you to free sushi or tapas...

That's the problem: Vines does not have the soda gun.

You can use the new Alcohol sticker at Vines. :D

LuLu

~~~

That's the problem: Vines does not have the soda gun.

LuLu

~~~

I could have sworn that I saw them pouring what looked like soda water out of a gun the last time I was there...

I could have sworn that I saw them pouring what looked like soda water out of a gun the last time I was there...

Feel sure you did. I saw it too ... also one for just plain water. It's just that they apparently don't have the one they use for some things like Diet Coke. I had wine but also wanted a Diet Coke (thirsty but didn't want to chug my wine :D ). The bartender sent someone over to get one for me.

LuLu

~~~~

Feel sure you did. I saw it too ... also one for just plain water. It's just that they apparently don't have the one they use for some things like Diet Coke. I had wine but also wanted a Diet Coke (thirsty but didn't want to chug my wine :D ). The bartender sent someone over to get one for me.

LuLu

~~~~

I guess that I just assumed that if they had the gun for soda water, it would also have buttons for Coke, Sprite, etc.

• 1 month later...

LuLu

~~~

Does Vines have wines by the glass in excess of $10? And if so, if you have the alcohol package, can you simply pay the difference for glasses over $10? I know that's the way it works with Celebrity's premium package, but that's Celebrity!

Does Vines have wines by the glass in excess of $10? And if so, if you have the alcohol package, can you simply pay the difference for glasses over $10? I know that's the way it works with Celebrity's premium package, but that's Celebrity!

From what I understand, anything over $10, you'll have to pay in full. This may eventually change as this program has now just begun... I expect that Princess will make adjustments as they go...

Yes, Vines will have wines that cost over $10 a glass.

There was no sushi available on our Grand cruise to Hawaii in January. They got cheese plates from the IC.

Cheers, Denise

Vines on the Grand and the Sapphire do not have sushi and tapas. On those two ships Alfredo's was also added and Vines is much smaller with no food prep area. When we were on the Sapphire in January there was a sign for a special wine tasting with "Sabatini Bites". Didn't notice that offered on the Grand earlier this month.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I saw a list earlier but it varies from ship to ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2010879

Villa Sandl Prosecco (Veneto, IT) $32

There is no Prosecco available by the glass in Vines or the DR. The Villa Sandi is on the new wine list and should be available by the bottle in Vines and the DR on most if not all ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Would any of you know if Vines serves Prosecco (italian bubbly)?

It's about the only kind of alcoholic beverages I enjoy, but I can't see it featured anywhere... :P

I like your stlye!;)

"Champagne" is my go to.

Have had it on every Princess sailing:rolleyes:

When you order a glass of sparkling, they bring you a small bottle (Korbel I think) and pop it in front of you. Then they leave the little bottle. It's like getting a free refill!

Have ordered it in many of the bars. From my understanding, the Vines waiters will run and get you any drink that they carry.

Last month on the Caribbean, they had some sparkling wines by the glass in Vines. Sorry, I can't recall names or Prosecco specifically. I did see tables with whole bottles of bubbly in Vines.

We also had tapas and sushi plates. It's not really a menu. You just order "tapas" and they bring you the set order. You can see a plate of each on display at the bar.

Tapas were good. Family said sushi was OK.

Almost all of the wine by the glass at Vines was under $10 ... there were a few that were not. Noticed one sort of Cabernet Sauvignon was $12.

Can't help with your other question.

LuLu

~~~~

Is the tapas & sushi at Vines good?

Do they have a small menu that you get to choose items from, or do they just bring food to you once you have ordered your drinks?

They ask if you would like sushi or tapas ... not just automatically bring it to you.

On Crown and Emerald they had a "sushi chef". Most people liked to walk over and pick out what they would like ... then the waiter would bring it to them. Some people would just ask for an assortment.

LuLu

~~~