Myth of R750 on Ruby Princess

Gaston

We just returned last night from our cruise on the Ruby Princess to Cozumel and Grand Cayman Island. Prior to this cruise, I read numerous posts stating to avoid R750 at all costs. Balcony too small. Easy visual access by other passengers into your balcony. Too noisy. Too high on the ship. And on and on. Well, I would say that having cabin R750 was the the best surprise on the entire trip. R750 sits aft on deck 14, the highest cabin deck onboard. The exterior door sits at the end of a small hallway of its own. There is no foot traffic whatsoever. R750 sits seconds from the Caribe and Horizon buffets. The stern pool is feet away complete with a bar. Chairs and lounge chairs are plentiful. The pool is adults only and quiet. And finally, anyone saying that cabin R750 is a problem in any way, shape, or form is flat out incorrect. We loved that cabin and would book it again in a minute.

Any questions about cabin R750 or the Ruby Princess will be happily answered honestly and accurately.

"............ And finally, anyone saying that cabin R750 is a problem in any way, shape, or form is flat out incorrect.".............

How did it smell? On our Jan 18th cruise the toilet system flooded into R750. Crew worked on it for a full day, the people had to be moved into a different room.

We were in R748/749 (don't remember which) on the starboard side in from 750 last year on the Ruby and it was our favorite ever.

The privacy issue is a bunch of hooey. From the balcony if you look up you can see the calves of the person on the chaise lounge in the corner of the aft terrace. For another cruiser to gawk into our balcony as opposed to standing against the rail and looking over the wake of the ship they'd have to be incredibly rude to turn 90-150 degrees and look down into the balcony. Did cruisers glance in, perhaps, but while we spent lots of time on balcony we found our privacy in tact. In fact you had a heck of a lot less privacy on the aft pool terrace amongst your fellow passengers.

As there are only 2 cabins in that short hallway tons of privacy and no traffic.

Great location just steps up onto the aft terrace and then a few more up into the CC. convenient to grab appetizers and sit on our balcony and read.

First, we did not notice any smoke or diesel smells whatsoever in the cabin or on the balcony. We kept the balcony door open frequently too since it was not too hot on the sea days.

Second, we did not notice any odors or toilet issues. If that cabin was flooded, Princess did an amazing job cleaning the carpet since I saw no stains or water marks. Frankly, cabin R750 was one of the cleanest, nicest cabins we have had on any ship.

And third, yes...............there are just 2 cabins in that hallway. The quiet was wonderful. I don't think I heard another passenger or crew member at night the entire time. And you are correct. Steps from the pool, hot tub, bar, and buffets made this cabin ideal. And don't forget the sound of the prop wash every time you opened the door to the balcony. It was like having your own private waterfall with a beautiful view. I would take this cabin again without hesitation.

Second, we did not notice any odors or toilet issues. If that cabin was flooded, Princess did an amazing job cleaning the carpet since I saw no stains or water marks. Frankly, cabin R750 was one of the cleanest, nicest cabins we have had on any ship.

Any sewage on carpet the carpet would be replaced not cleaned.

Spare carpeting is kept onboard and can be replaced in an hour or so.

First, we did not notice any smoke or diesel smells whatsoever in the cabin or on the balcony. We kept the balcony door open frequently too since it was not too hot on the sea days.

And third, yes...............there are just 2 cabins in that hallway. The quiet was wonderful. I don't think I heard another passenger or crew member at night the entire time. And you are correct. Steps from the pool, hot tub, bar, and buffets made this cabin ideal. And don't forget the sound of the prop wash every time you opened the door to the balcony. It was like having your own private waterfall with a beautiful view. I would take this cabin again without hesitation.

Great to hear we're in R751 on an upcoming Ruby cruise!:)

A nice sized balcony, 40 sq ft sounds reasonable. There were 2 chairs and a small table.

Big enough to have had a delightful UBD and space to spare. While we ate the waitress could stay out there along with the room service grandee who came to see how we were enjoying the meal.

Rear facing with the wake and a great meal and a highlight for DW.

Is there smoking on the starboard or port side at the aft section

of the ship? If you had a that balcony on the port side, would you

smell smoking?

thanks

We were on the port side in May and never once smelled smoke, and we were out there quite often.

I see two questions: First, I'm not sure but I do recall Princess saying that they no longer allow smoking on one side of the ship. They have a few designated smoking areas in other areas of the ship. As a result, we did not see, smell, or notice any smoking at all on the aft pool area or near our balcony.

Second, I did not measure the balcony so I don't know its square footage. But I will say it had 2 nice chairs and a round table big enough to eat dinner on from room service. However, when we placed the chairs back against the slider and the table off to the side, our three adult children stood on the balcony with us as we left port with room to spare. The balcony size was no issue for us. I sat out there every day to some degree, mostly waiting for my wife to get ready for dinner.

And finally to the couples getting this cabin or R751, you have made an excellent choice. You will be pleased with your decision.

• 3 months later...
We just returned last night from our cruise on the Ruby Princess to Cozumel and Grand Cayman Island. Prior to this cruise, I read numerous posts stating to avoid R750 at all costs. Balcony too small. Easy visual access by other passengers into your balcony. Too noisy. Too high on the ship. And on and on. Well, I would say that having cabin R750 was the the best surprise on the entire trip. R750 sits aft on deck 14, the highest cabin deck onboard. The exterior door sits at the end of a small hallway of its own. There is no foot traffic whatsoever. R750 sits seconds from the Caribe and Horizon buffets. The stern pool is feet away complete with a bar. Chairs and lounge chairs are plentiful. The pool is adults only and quiet. And finally, anyone saying that cabin R750 is a problem in any way, shape, or form is flat out incorrect. We loved that cabin and would book it again in a minute.

Any questions about cabin R750 or the Ruby Princess will be happily answered honestly and accurately.

I've just booked R751 for next March so was very pleased to read your comments. I had originally booked a balcony cabin Golden princess leaving 10 days later but was able to get my flights using Qantas points, saving lots of money, so I changed and was thrilled to get an aft balcony. I admit I was wondering why they were still available so thanks again.

I've just booked R751 for next March so was very pleased to read your comments. I had originally booked a balcony cabin Golden princess leaving 10 days later but was able to get my flights using Qantas points, saving lots of money, so I changed and was thrilled to get an aft balcony. I admit I was wondering why they were still available so thanks again.

Hi:

We just returned from Ruby TransAtlantic and were in R751. We loved the room and the location. No complaints whatsoever. So easy to get to the terrace pool area/Horizon Court...we were at the terrace most days (good weather). Nothing better than sitting on the balcony mesmerized by the wake of the ship!

DavidTravels

Whenever we cruise with Princess we book a Riviera Aft balcony. It is our favorite place to be. So convenient to Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe. Haven't tried R751 yet. We did have a aft cabin on Pacific at the very end of the hall. Loved it! No smokey smell either.

Thank you for posting this. I have wanted to sail the Ruby and I love those aft deck balconies. What is above this cabin?

Hi:

R751 is on the starboard side vs R750 which is on the port side.

Half a deck up is the Terrace Pool and some seating for the Cafe Caribe. The back of the Sun Deck is above you.

If someone is at the edge of the Terrace Pool deck they can look into R 748 and R 749 and see the whole balcony area. Personally I would not book R 748 or R 749. If you were at the rail on the balcony of R 750 and R 751 you can see the people who may be looking at you from the edge of the Terrace Pool or from the rail of the Sun Deck. This only happened to us once...when we were sailing into Lisbon and people were at the edge taking pictures. We heard no noise from above us.

DavidTravels

• 1 year later...

Hi,

We got R750 & R748 (it's neighbor)would you happened to remember if there was a connecting door on the balcony? :confused: We have had aft balcony rooms before on other Princess ships and I remember there being a door, but my husbands says that some don't have them so I'm hoping I didn't mess up (for us and my in-laws). Thanks for any help. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yay!!! We are going on our first cruise ever in May and booked this room! I'm glad it's a quiet room... hopefully the ship won't roll too much since we are rather high up. My wife can get sea sick kinda easily, and I need a happy wife to have a happy cruise :) Although at least it'll be easy for her to find (walk to the Riviera deck, love, and just all the way to the back. ALL the way).