Mariner status

socim

We have booked our first cruise on HAL having previously cruised on Princess and Cunard. I have read a post elsewhere on the forum that seems to indicate that these cruises give you Mariner status but HAL does not currently recognise us as such. Is this info correct and if so how do we get it sorted?

We are Elite on Princess and when we booked our 1st HAL cruise on-line at HAL's site and then turned it over to our TA she gave HAL our Princess Captain Circle number and they in turn made us one star with HAL and put Mariner Numbers on our booking. They did not give us any "points" but it got us started and also meant we could have gone to the dining room on boarding day ... which we did not do.

Since you have previously sailed on Princess and Cunard, you are automatically given a 1 star status on HAL.

None of your days on Princess and Cunard will count toward HAL days and stars.

As a 1 star Mariner you can have lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day. Later in the cruise you will be invited to the Mariner's Brunch.

We are also Elite on Princess and have several cruises on Cunard -- sadly those days don't count towards HAL.

... how do we get it sorted?

If you do not have a TA to take care of this, send an email to the Mariners Society giving them the dates of either a Princess or Cunard cruise.

Edited by catl331

We´re in the same position, but HAL had difficulty confirmimg our Elite status on Princess, even though I had given them our details , Captain Circle number, dates of last voyage (2013) etc. I ended up Contacting Princess myself to try and find out what the problem was.....Apparently last April they changed peoples Capt Circle numbers....no notification issued. Once I had the new numbers it was plain sailing for HAL. Suggest you check your profile on Princess and ensure you have a new number.

We had qute a few emails between us and Mariners Society, but they were always prompt replying

Sandy in Spain

Edited by t60

We´re in the same position, but HAL had difficulty confirmimg our Elite status on Princess, even though I had given them our details , Captain Circle number, dates of last voyage (2013) etc. I ended up Contacting Princess myself to try and find out what the problem was.....Apparently last April they changed peoples Capt Circle numbers....no notification issued. Once I had the new numbers it was plain sailing for HAL. Suggest you check your profile on Princess and ensure you have a new number.

We had qute a few emails between us and Mariners Society, but they were always prompt replying

Sandy in Spain

One thing to mention here. For HAL it does not matter what your status is with other cruise lines as long as you have sailed with them. With HAL one Cunard or Princess cruise counts exactly as much as Platinum or Princess Elite.

Roy