5 day or 7 day?

MzMelissa26

I've been on several cruises but my 15 year old never has. Do you think a 7 day is too much for his first time? I can do 7 for almost the sane price as 5

Go for the 7 day , it won't matter wether it's a 7 or 5 if he gets bored .

Go for what you want and tell to just get used to the idea.

My first cruises as a kid were all 7 nighters. One was a 10 nighter. I didn't even know that there were cruises less than 7 until I became an adult.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My boys are currently 14, 16, and 18 they have cruised every year for the past 4 years all 7 day cruises. If it were up to them we would be doing 30 day cruises. They all have different tastes and find plenty to do on the ship.

I've created a group of cruise junkies :D

I vote for the 7 day! He will be so busy having so much fun he will not miss his x-box for a second! 3 and 4 night cruises are GREAT for weekend getaways when you can't take off for a week, but if getting off work is not an issue then why bother doing a 5 day when you can do a 7 day!!!! Go for it, and have a GREAT time!!!

I vote for the 7 day! He will be so busy having so much fun he will not miss his x-box for a second! 3 and 4 night cruises are GREAT for weekend getaways when you can't take off for a week, but if getting off work is not an issue then why bother doing a 5 day when you can do a 7 day!!!! Go for it, and have a GREAT time!!!

I'm kinda feeling the same way. I get five weeks off and I want to use my vacation the best way possible. I will just pack some extra meds in case he has issues. I'm kinda looking forward to the break from technology myself!

Some games I believe can be connected to the tv. He can still play games on the tablet if preloaded. You can usually find wifi at ports. Is he interested in cruising? He may make friends there also.

He's very excited and says he wants to do the 7 day. Honestly I really want us to enjoy the time together with no tablets etc. This is for his 16th bday and it will be just the two of us:)

If he wants to do the 7 day then do the 7 day. The 5 day will just leave him wanting the 7 day. He will not be bored. I would not worry about getting sea sick unless you already know he has motion sickness from cars etc. Most people are fine and if he has a problem there are meds for that. He obviously thinks he will have a good time, so he will, it is all about attitude. Have fun!

I would do the 7 day. Bring sea sick meds in case. He will have a great time. We have done two 5 day cruises with our kids and it just goes too fast. We will only do 7 day now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I would go with the 7 day. My daughter started cruising with us when she was 10 and we normally do 7 or longer days. She had a ball on all of them. Since it is his first cruise and you don't know if he will get seasick or not I think I would get a cabin on a lower floor and mid-ship. I would think he would have more to do on the 7 day since they are normally on the larger ships with additional amenities (you didn't mention which ships). My daughter is now 19 and just did a 5 day with a friend and said she was completely bored and didn't want to ever do anything shorter than 7 days again.

I was going to say ask him lol but it seems he is on board (yes on purpose pun lol) for the 7 days. If you fear he may get sick, do what a doctor had told my ex who would get sick just looking at a ship... take Bonine the day BEFORE your first cruise day so it is in your system already and take it every morning there after including the day after you come home and you will be fine. He was, then start using that tactic for flying etc.. worked every time. Have fun!

I've been on several cruises but my 15 year old never has. Do you think a 7 day is too much for his first time? I can do 7 for almost the sane price as 5

I have all son's and I can only speak from my experience with them, do the 7 days. With price being the same he will enjoy himself for those extra days as long as there are kids for him to hook up with on the ship.

Kindle Fire using Taptalk app

He's very excited and says he wants to do the 7 day. Honestly I really want us to enjoy the time together with no tablets etc. This is for his 16th bday and it will be just the two of us:)

Have you ever tried Ginger Root Capsules? It is all natural and has always worked for us even in heavier seas. No drowsiness from it and it is fairly cheap and can be found at any drug store, Wal-mart, etc. It might be something that you could have him take that isn't a drug. We take 2 in the morning and 2 at night beginning the night before/morning of the cruise.

Have you ever tried Ginger Root Capsules? It is all natural and has always worked for us even in heavier seas. No drowsiness from it and it is fairly cheap and can be found at any drug store' date=' Wal-mart, etc. It might be something that you could have him take that isn't a drug. We take 2 in the morning and 2 at night beginning the night before/morning of the cruise. [/color']

Wow we will definately try that... I'd rather have something non drowsy. We are going to make an adventure out of the whole thing. Instead of driving we are going to take Amtrak as we have always wanted to take the train

My son's first cruise was a 5 day and he LOVED it. He would have loved a 7 day one too. There were tons of kids and pizza. Really what's not to love when you're a teen?

His 2nd cruise was a 7 day and we went when there were very few kids on board and he had less fun. It sort of ruined cruising for him. He has no desire to go on another cruise but I'm still thinking of a family cruise in the summer:)