RCI's cruise photo packages (question about options available)

Just returned three weeks ago from an RCI cruise and wanted some insight from other cruisers or better yet RCI about photo package options for my next cruise with RCI later this year.

To the best of my knowledge I had to choose between two options for the photo package (on the Enchantment). Option # 1 was to purchase the unlimited actual photos taken during the cruise (it was a little over $200 for the package), or for I think it would have been about $40 more, I could have purchased a CD of all of the photos.

I asked the photo person if I could purchase all of the photos along with the CD, and he said that would have meant purchasing both types of photo packages (option # 2 was the CD only).

I would have liked to have both the photos and the CD, but that would have meant spending I think close to $500. I told the photo fellow that it seemed a shame to have them just throw all the printed photos away, so I decided to just bring them home and scan each one myself.

If RCI would offer a third option where someone could purchase a photo package that included the photos and the CD disc, even if it was a little under $300 I would purchase that in order to have both photos and the CD.

hi, how many photos did you end up getting? did you like having the photo package?

Yes, I liked having purchased the photo package, and I think it was about 19 photos (I think 16 were 8x10's and 3 were 5x7's). I didn't receive an itemized printout of our final bill (they forgot to put one under my cabin door the morning of departure) so I can't recall the exact price for the package but I think it was around $240? If someone's cruising soon and can post the prices when they return that would be great. It would have been about $40 higher I think to get a CD of the photos instead of the actual photos. With that all being said, I did an Internet search this morning and found this listed in one of the RCI websites (but it didn't list any prices for photo packages). What bothered me about what I'll be listing below is that in the cruise we just completed our family (3 of us) all stayed in one cabin, so I only had to purchase the one photo package that showed any photos of the three of us. What I just read (listed below) says that if family members are not all in the same cabin, but have photos taken together, that you have to purchase one photo package, then for your family staying in additional cabins you get a discount on their photos. My next cruise is two connecting Junior Suite cabins and it just doesn't seem fair to have to purchase two photo packages to me since it's still just the three of us traveling together. Here's what I copied:

http://support.mycruisephotos.com/support/solutions/articles/30600-families-traveling-together-in-multiple

Families traveling together in multiple staterooms

Modified on: Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 6:00 PM

The following are benefits of your photo package (digital or print):

·
When purchasing any size digital photo package, you will take home all the photos seen on your kiosk account and can choose which photos to keep from home.

·
Photos of your children aged 21 and under, who may be traveling in a separate stateroom are included.

·
Artistic borders and templates as seen on all printed photos are included.

·
Digital photos are in a size and resolution that allow for printing up to 8x10.

·
“Unlimited” photos means all the photos in your photo kiosk account and/or all the photo prints that YOU collect while adhering to these terms.

The following is not included with your photo package (digital or print):

·
Photos of others in your party not staying in your stateroom.

·
Group photos, weddings, Quinces and other special occasion photography services.

·
Generic stock photos of the ship, characters, ports of call, etc.

·
Any special printing or retouching requests.

For larger families traveling together across multiple staterooms, we offer a discount on Get the Picture! unlimited discs: Purchase Get the Picture! unlimited for one stateroom, and the second Get the Picture! unlimited disc is 50% off the onboard price.

For pre-cruise purchases on MyCruisePhotos.com, you may purchase the first disc online and additional discs can be purchased on board for 50% off the onboard price*.

The passenger manifest will be reviewed for all purchases, the Booking ID must match the purchasing cabins

*This offer is only available on ships that offer Get the Picture! unlimited photo packages.

• 1 month later...

We are sailing on Enchantment soon and the pre-order price for the photo packages are as follows:

10 digital photos $174.99

All Your Digital Photos $199.99

All Your Digital Photos + Prints $249.99

Can someone confirm what the price is if you waited to purchase the package on the ship? Is the pre-order price actually discounted?

Thanks!

Hmmm. It sounds like there was an option for you to get the digital & print photo's for under $300. I wonder why they didn't allow you to do it.

We travelled on freedom through Thanksgiving. We had purchased out digital images package online in advance. On the ship we were offered the oppertunity to upgrade our package to include the physical prints, but we chose not to. I'm unsure why you weren't offered the same option. Mind you they were having trouble on our sailing (Broken disc burner. Oh the humanity!) So I guess it's possible ours was a one time offer.

On the other question about family traveling in multiple cabins. I was under the impression that if you have minor children in other rooms, that those cabins would be included in your package. Is this still true? Looking to buy this package when our family cruises Alaska in September 2015!

WoW....Your prices are way cheaper than ours!!! :mad:

Here's is what we are quoted on our photo packages:

Take home your professional cruise photography digitally with Get the Picture! We’ll capture your cruise memories from embarkation to formal night and beyond. Get the Picture! makes it easy to share your priceless vacation memories with family and friends.

• Traveling in multiple staterooms? See the full terms here.
    Print option includes 1 copy of your photos displayed in the Photo Gallery. 15 Digital Photos20 Digital PhotosAll Your Digital PhotosAll Your Digital Photos + Prints

$349.99

ADD TO BASKETUNAVAILABLE

Or: :cool:

All Digital Photos & Prints = $ 474.99 :eek::eek::eek:

Edited by bpphoto

I found the answer in BPphotos link.

· Photos of your children aged 21 and under, who may be traveling in a separate stateroom are included.

Does that then include the whole cabin, or just the minor children?

Also the cost of the package is directly related tohow large the ship you're on is. Our package for just the digital photos cost $279 on Freedom. One hundred dollas more for the prints too.

We sailed Explorer last November. We did have the option of the unlimited CD or the unlimited CD and all prints. It was $100 more with the prints. We had 147 pictures taken. It was worthwhile. Not sure I'll get the prints again, but I do like the unlimited CD option.

We sailed Explorer last November. We did have the option of the unlimited CD or the unlimited CD and all prints. It was $100 more with the prints. We had 147 pictures taken. It was worthwhile. Not sure I'll get the prints again, but I do like the unlimited CD option.

Love your photo btw. My question is did they offer that many opportunities for pictures??? I sail the explorer in Sept, 5 night to Bermuda. I am used to getting the cd on Disney but obviously you have a ton of opportunities on Disney with the characters and other backdrops. I ended up with 350 pics for $299. I love coming up with our own creative pics for the white backdrops. What other times do I have to build up my photo collection???

$349.99

ADD TO BASKETUNAVAILABLE

Or: :cool:

All Digital Photos & Prints = $ 474.99 :eek::eek::eek:

Also the cost of the package is directly related tohow large the ship you're on is. Our package for just the digital photos cost $279 on Freedom. One hundred dollas more for the prints too.

We spent $400 for all the prints and the cruise in review last spring on Grandeur. There was not a digital photo option offered.

from what I've seen, each ship and each itinerary and each date (one week to the next), the picture packages can be different prices. more or less a hit or miss with the cost.

Yes, this was true for the cruise we took a few weeks ago. The photo package for our sailing cost about 45% more than the sailings before and after it.

Love your photo btw. My question is did they offer that many opportunities for pictures??? I sail the explorer in Sept, 5 night to Bermuda. I am used to getting the cd on Disney but obviously you have a ton of opportunities on Disney with the characters and other backdrops. I ended up with 350 pics for $299. I love coming up with our own creative pics for the white backdrops. What other times do I have to build up my photo collection???

Thank you. That was one of my favorites :)

We were on an 11 night Southern Caribbean. So lots of opportunities to have pictures taken.

They had picture stations set up outside the dining room on all 3 decks each night. Sometimes they had them by the stairs, also. They had the white background down on the 3rd deck by the photo gallery. On formal nights there were twice as many photo stations. Picture opportunities when you get off the ship at a port, and in the dining room, and wandering around the ship, on the pool deck, and at Labadee. We paid less than $300 for the disk and prints.

We paid $275 for unlimited digitals the first week of april last year on FOS. Sailing FOS again this coming week and the package was $50 cheaper. I ended up adding the prints last time for $100 while on board. We had over 330 :o

I wonder if the photographers will remember us this year :p

Oddly I don't have an option to buy a CD for my sailing online, only the unlimited prints. Anyone else seen this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, some ships don't have the equipment needed to make CDs. We only had the option to buy prints on our most recent RCL cruise.

I purchased the unlimited photo package on Explorer last December for $249, I ended up with over a 100 photos after splitting it with my 2 roommates. I am hoping to get the same deal on my cruise in May....:p

Does The Grandeur have the capability to make the photo CDs?

From the photo website:

Here is a current list of ships that do not offer digital photos with Get the Picture! at this time. If your ship is listed below, you are welcome to purchase printed photos online or onboard.

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line:

Brilliance Of The Seas, Grandeur Of The Seas, Jewel Of The Seas, Majesty Of The Seas, Monarch Of The Seas, Radiance Of The Seas, Splendour Of The Seas, Vision Of The Seas